Names have been removed and details have been changed to protect the privacy of individuals.
- Condensed the presentation of contact information and added job title with a few key specializations to improve ATS compatibility.
- Addressed numerous spelling and grammatical errors throughout and improved wording to make the resume more effective.
- Removed sales-speak like, "Demonstrated superstar..." This kind of hyperbole might even be objectionable to some recruiters.
- Wholesale formatting and presentational changes throughout his entire resume. For example, broke paragraphs down into effective and concise bullet points.
- Cleaned up the use of white space, so that nearly the same amount of material fits on 2 pages instead of 3.
- Reformatted and rearranged information to parse through an ATS more effectively and enhance the visual presentation.
- Added a high-level summary at the top with many of the keywords for positions the resume was targeting.
- Keyword optimized the resume with both industry related keywords and soft skills to pass and score high with an ATS.
- Improved language to capture the attention of a hiring manager and removed irrelevant information.
- Removed the Qualifications Summary header and addressed grammar issues in the content of the paragraph.
- Standardized how text was aligned on the left, bullets, font used, verb tense at the beginning of each job's bullet point.
- Replaced "Selected Accomplishments" with "Selected Highlights" and included key, industry words for the positions being applied to.
- Added a Core Competency section that - when combined with the Selected Highlights section - improves ATS compatibility and presents clear qualification to the hiring manager.
- Reworded experience to appear as more of an “achiever” rather than a “doer”.
- Ensured consistent formatting such as removing intermittent use of periods after each bullet.
- Addressed an employment gap, which was the result of a mother taking an extended maternity leave.
- Abbreviations were added to positions, certifications, and associations where relevant.
- Original resume included multiple uses of "responsible for" and "duties were;" these were reworded to read as more active.
- Added Summary and Skills Overview sections to include ATS keywords, such as Government Contract Negotiation, and to better organize the resume for human review.
- Re-labeled heading to optimize for ATS; e.g. Professional Experience changed to Work Experience.
- Categorized skill set and experience areas to optimize for ATS and present in an easy-to-digest format as well as emphasize transferable skills.
- Added a Notable Achievements section for recent positions as this can differentiate resumes and also provides natural interview conversation.
- Spelled out and included acronym for relevant training and skill areas to optimize for ATS.