Samples & How to Guide
3D Artist Resume Example & Guide
- 3D Artist Resume Sample
- Free Downloadable Template
- Tips on how to write the perfect 3D Artist resume
Zipjob is a member of:
3D Artists create three-dimensional models, graphics, animations, and more to support creative projects. Below is a general job description:
A 3D artist creates three-dimensional models, animations, and visual effects to be used in various creative projects such as films, video games, and digital advertising campaigns. This involves creating special effects to match specific briefs using a combination of hand-drawing techniques and computer software.
If this is the kind of job you want or you have, you’re in the right place! We have a resume example for you and tips from our professional resume writers below.
You can also check out our related job titles:
You should never use a creative resume
Many job seekers think that an eye-catching resume template will help them stand out to hiring managers and increase their chances of landing an interview. This is a myth put out by resume builders that value design over content.
The truth is that most hiring managers prefer a traditional resume format.
Creative resume templates, like the one pictured here, can actually hurt your chances of landing an interview. Instead, you should use a basic resume format that quickly communicates your basic information and qualifications–like the one included below.
3D Artist Resume Example
How confident are you feeling about your resume? If you need more help, you can always refer to the following resume sample for a position.
Want to land 2-3x more interviews… guaranteed?
3D Artist Resume (Text Format)
City, State or Country if international
Phone | Email
3D Artist Professional
Innovative 3D Artist specializing in creating complex, innovative artist tools that have been adapted and utilized in award-winning, global games. Known for mastery of physics simulations and motion blending utilizing AR and machine learning. Converted academic research into professional level tools that are modern, user-friendly and production ready. Skilled in advanced computer technology, including AR, VR, machine learning and current game technologies. Shipped five award-winning titles for Gamer that increased profitability 300%.
- 3D Software
- Game Design
- Machine Learning
- Video Games
- Virtual Reality
- Achieved coveted Gamer Employee Recognition Award for “Innovation.”
- Created first prototype to incorporate full-head VR headsets that sold out before release.
- Rcognized as thefirst programmer to utilize VR within interactive maps integrated with Playstation, PC and X-Box platforms allowing revenues to increase exponentially.
- Played key role in developing a tool that enabled 3D modelers to find characters’
- center of gravity to determine model sturdiness, completing project 3-weeks early and achieving CEO recognition.
- Took risk and pushed creative boundaries to create tools utilized in animations, blending, secondary motions, and memory diagnosis – revolutionizing VR, reaching millions worldwide.
- Developed characters and maps played by more than 10 million gamers, with record-level preorders on upcoming releases; approached by a leading Mobile gaming company to assist in UML for a mobile version.
- Troubleshot code, using out-of-the-box thinking too uncover errors and ensure multimillion-dollar titles were delivered within stringent project timelines.
- Saved $3M by adopting an open source code to work with the PS3 platform.
- SHIPPED TITLES: Game 1: 2016 – PlayStation II, III, IV, X-Box 360, PC
Complete School Name, City, St/Country: List Graduation Years If Within the Last Ten Years
Complete Degree Name (Candidate) – Major (GPA: List if over 3.3)
- Relevant Coursework: List coursework taken (even include those you are planning on taking)
- Awards/Honors: List any awards, honors or big achievements
- Clubs/Activities: List clubs and activities in which you participated
- Relevant Projects: List 2-3 projects you have worked on
Everything You Need To Write Your 3D Artist Resume
Now that you’ve seen an example of a job winning 3D Artist resume, here are some tips to help you write your own. You should always begin with a summary section. Remember to use basic formatting with clear section headings and a traditional layout. Finally, be sure to include top skills throughout your resume. We’ve included several examples common for 3D Artist below.
Let’s start with your resume summary section.
Summary for a 3D Artist Resume
The resume summary replaces the out-of-date resume objective. A summary outlines the most impressive parts of your resume for easy recall by your potential employer, while also serving to fill in personal qualities that may not appear elsewhere on the page. Remember that summaries are short and consist of pithy sentence fragments! You can check out the 3D Artist resume example for more information!
Always start with your most recent positions at the top of your resume. This is called reverse-chronological format, and keeps your most relevant information easy for hiring managers to review.
Formatting a 3D Artist Resume
Our experts recommend you start your resume with a resume summary, like the one above. Other common sections are Work Experience, Education, and either Skills or Core Competencies. Here are some guides from our blog to help you write these sections:
- How To Write Your Resume’s Work Experience Section
- How To Write Your Resume’s Education Section
- Good Skills To Put On Your Resume
Other sections for you to consider including are foreign language skills, awards and honors, certifications, and speaking engagements. These could all be relevant sections for your resume.
3D Artist Skills for a Resume
You should always tailor your resume to include the hard skills and soft skills you have and employers want.
Hard skills are the technical know-how you need to complete a job, such as accounting or Google Analytics. You can include hard skills in your core competencies section.
Soft skills are harder to quantify, so they require more information to explain your ability. Some top soft skill examples include communication, problem solving, and emotional intelligence. Use examples of how you use your key soft skills to accomplish goals throughout your work history, resume summary, and resume title.
Writing Your 3D Artist Experience Section
Your Work Experience section should make up the bulk of your resume. This section should include your relevant job titles, companies that employed you, and the dates you were employed.
Most people will finish this section by listing daily duties in short bullet points. Don’t be one of them!
To make your resume stand out, you need to add your accomplishments and key skills to your resume’s Work Experience section.
Here are three tips from our experts:
- Use the STAR method to describe a situation, task, action, and result. This is adapted from a behavioral interview technique, so interviewers will recognize the format. it’s also a great chance for you to organize your key accomplishments.
- Don’t forget about LinkedIn! The majority of employers are going to look you up on LinkedIn, so it’s smart to make sure your profile is up to date and include your LinkedIn URL in your resume’s contact section.
- Always include a cover letter. Not everyone will bother, so it helps you look like a serious job applicant. It’s also your chance to introduce yourself: who you are, why you’re applying for this job, and how you want to proceed.
And let’s wrap it all up!
We wish you the best of luck for your job hunt, and don’t forget to check out our Cover Letter Tips!
Didn’t get the specific answers you wanted from this page? Please leave a comment with your question or visit Zipjob on Facebook, Twitter, or LinkedIn to ask. And if you really liked the sample, don’t forget to pin it on Pinterest!
Your download has started!
Professional Resume Services
Land 2x More Interviews…Guaranteed!