A 3D Modeler designs and builds 3D models for companies, individuals, and projects. Below is a general job description:
As a 3D modeler, your primary responsibilities are to design and build 3D models based on the specifications of your clients. If you work in a shop, you will collaborate with other 3D modelers and artists to create 3D characters, environments, and other items depending on your clientele. If you are self-employed, then you will work jobs for clients on a case-by-case basis.ZipRecruiter
If this is the kind of job you want or you have, you’re in the right place! We have a resume example for you and three tips from our professional resume writers below.
3D Modeler Resume Example
💡ZipTip: view 200+ more professional resume samples for all industries, along with a guide to writing resumes from our experts.
3D Modeler Resume (text version)
email | www.linkedin.com/in/ | phone number
Accomplished Modeler with more than 15+ years of experience working at industry leading studios, developing expertise in multiple industries, including Architectural, Medical, Scientific, and Technical Visualization. Collaborated on numerous projects creating innovative environments, props, products, characters/creatures, sets and more. Dedicated to contributing to 3D technology as the industry is increasingly taking on a significant role in marketing and educational tools for businesses. Works compatibly with a diverse team of talented and experienced 3D Artist to maximize the sales, entertainment or educational value of product and services.
- 3D Modeling
- Basic Maxscripts
- Project Management
- Creative Direction
- 3D Printing
- Product Design
3D Modeler | ZipJob | New York City, NY
Year – Present
- Contributed on large titles, including Hitman: Agent 47, Wanda – Theme park, Avengers: Age of Ultron and Warcraft.
- Participated as a team member in determining various aesthetic solutions, using artistic and technical skills to work on all aspects of CG images or shots.
- Delivered on a consistent level of productivity, meeting deadlines and producing high-quality work.
- Collaborated in dailies and contributed to creative problem-solving.
- Completed a project for the Urban Redevelopment Authority (URA), 3D SG project that encompassed environment/architectural modeling.
- Collaborated with other visualization specialists and Project Managers and clients to determine the most appropriate approach on the project.
- Supported continuous improvement, best practices, and standardization initiatives.
3D Modeler | ZipJob | New York City, NY
Year – Present
- Successfully completed prestigious one-year EDB Strategic Attachment and Training Programme (STRAT).
- Worked as a 3D modeler on ‘Vroomies’ and ‘Fish and Chip’ animated cartoon TV series with well-known talents, colleagues and project leaders.
- Produced internal animation projects from concept to completion, working with vendors on various media-related projects.
- Set up an internal media gallery system and established media creation capability within DSI.
- Ensured corporate guideline adherence by internal staff and external vendors.
Bachelor of Science | New York University
Certification | School
Bonus: free resume template
ZipJob now offers a resume template you can download. The template is set up with an easy to read layout like the example above: clear section headings, modern font, and follows a reverse-chronological resume format (preferred by both hiring managers and ATS scans).
How to write a 3D Modeler resume: 3 tips
Always add a cover letter
Your cover letter is your chance to start a conversation with your employer. Your resume proves you have the skills and qualifications for the job, but your cover letter invites a further discussion. Whenever possible, use a cover letter to succinctly explain why you’re the perfect fit for the role. You can also highlight your most compelling achievements from your resume–but limit yourself to two or three achievements. Finally, invite the employer to contact you by phone or email.
For more cover letter tips, head over to our guide: What A Good Cover Letter Looks Like
Link to your online portfolio
For creative professionals like photographers and writers, our career experts recommend including a link to your online profile. You can highlight your strongest work samples easily and proactively!
Your portfolio link can either be placed at the top of your resume with your contact information, or at the end of your related work experience.
Freelance advertising copywriter, Sept. 2013 to present
Online portfolio: www.InsertLinkHere.com
Use reverse-chronological format for your work experience
There are three resume formats common in the US and Canada today, but your work experience should always be listed reverse-chronologically. This means you should start with your most recent job at the top of your work experience section. Follow with your previous job under that, and so on.
This way, you’re keeping your most recent experience at the top of your resume. That is where it is most likely to be noticed by hiring managers!
💡ZipTip: make your bullet points stand out by using the STAR method on your resume.
Having a great resume will help you land your next job as a 3D Modeler. Use this example as a guide to what kind of skills and experience employers are looking for in this field.
Still have questions? Comment below or hire your own resume writer. Zipjob has over 100 professional resume writers with experience in all industries, ready to help you create your best resume. Click below to see our services: