An Account Executive manages accounts for key customers while identifying areas of business growth. Here is a general job description for an Account Executive:
An account executive usually holds a sales position, typically selling services and products to other businesses and individuals. Generally, the executive’s company sets sales quotas that must be met to succeed in this position. The account executive may be provided with clients and/or carry out research and recruiting to gain prospective clients; some cold calling may be necessary. When prospective clients are identified, the executive must work to discover those potential clients’ needs and make targeted pitches for services and products that will fulfill their needs; they must then work to close the sale.Payscale
If this is the kind of job you want or you have, you’re in the right place! We have a resume example for you and three tips from our professional resume writers below.
Account Executive Resume Example
💡ZipTip: view 200+ more professional resume samples for all industries, along with a guide to writing resumes from our experts.
Account Executive Resume (text version)
email | www.linkedin.com/in/ | phone number
Technology Integration | Relationship Building | Operations Management
Revenue-driven, goal-oriented, bilingual Accounts Executive highly regarded for innovating and executing new sales programs and promotional strategies that improve overall company performance. Proven track record of expertly managing multi-unit operations while integrating new technologies to automate and enhance the efficiency of daily functions. Known for crafting engaging and creative ads, magazine features, social media posts, and other marketing collateral that increase market share and brand awareness. Out-of-the-box thinker recognized for building and leading teams that consistently achieve all quality and revenue goals.
- Retail Management
- Consultative Sales
- Business Development
- Leadership and Coaching
- Project Coordination
- Strategic Marketing
Account Executive | ZipJob | New York City, NY
Year – Present
- Oversee all staff training, operations, and stock management duties; contribute to hiring and onboarding processes.
- Regularly interact with XX+ sales representatives and account managers across all outlets to understand consumer demands, market needs, and target demographics for different products.
- Train in various areas with department heads, including wholesale purchasing, development, and categorization of products, administration, human resources, and dispatch processes.
- Simplify organizational system for inventory in retail outlets holding XX+ unique items.
- Modernize and optimize inventory management across all facilities.
- Introduce expanded item details to inventory database, including category, supplier code, total number of pieces, currency of purchase, and purchase price.
- Increase efficiency of product dispatch process between warehouses and retail outlets by XX%, employing an expedited and cost-effective method.
- Produce sales targets and communicate goals to team members.
Sales Representative| ZipJob | New York City, NY
Year – Present
- Generated leads through cold-calling, networking, and advertising.
- Exceeded personal and corporate sales goals.
- Negotiated all contracts with prospective clients.
- Helped determine pricing schedules for quotes, promotions, and negotiations.
- Prepared weekly and monthly reports.
Bachelor of Science in Marketing | New York University
Sales Certification | School
Bonus: free resume template
ZipJob now offers a resume template you can download. The template is set up with an easy to read layout like the example above: clear section headings, modern font, and follows a reverse-chronological resume format (preferred by both hiring managers and ATS scans).
How to write an Account Executive resume: 3 tips
Do you have any numbers on your resume?
Since resumes are mostly text, using numbers can be an easy and powerful way to get your accomplishments to stand out. Adding metrics, percentages, and quantities to your resume will help translate your past experience into future value to your employers!
The best places to include numbers are often within your work experience, especially when talking about groups of people or things. You can specify how many people you worked with, or how many tasks you completed, or even how long it took to to finish something. Also look for words like “several” or “some” and see if you can use a number there instead.
Even if you don’t know the exact number, it’s more valuable to guess than to leave it vague.
Maximize your core competencies
Your core competencies, or key skills, are a powerful way to show an ATS scan that you’re a great applicant. This section should change slightly for almost every job you apply for. You want to keep it highly tailored to the job description. For example, if one of your core competencies is customer service but the job description is looking for client communication skills, swap out “customer service” for “client communication.”
To identify the best skills to highlight here, this list of 10 vital skills to put on your resume is a good starting point.
Soft skills help leaders stand out
When applying for a leadership position, be sure to include examples of your soft skills throughout your resume. Your resume should include specific examples of how you have motivated, encouraged, supported, and taught people to accomplish a result.
Here are some examples:
- Hired and trained team of 10 sales reps; by focusing on more empathic communication, sales increased 64% in 2018
- Supported newly remote team of 4 software engineers by providing resources, support, and tools needed to accomplish their goals
- Organized and motivated a team of 16 volunteers for a two-day fundraising event that earned 4k+ for cancer research
Having a great resume will help you land your next job as an Account Executive. Use this example as a guide to what kind of skills and experience employers are looking for in this field.
Still have questions? Comment below or hire your own resume writer. Zipjob has over 100 professional resume writers with experience in all industries, ready to help you create your best resume. Click below to see our services: