An Adjunct Professor teaches college-level courses in addition to their job. Adjunct Professors specialize in various areas of expertise. Below is a general job description for a medical Adjunct Professor:
Adjunct professors serve as instructors and/or researchers for the institution at which they teach. Most often, adjunct professors are not full-time professors seeking a tenured position at a university. Rather, they are typically professionals working in a particular field who have part-time professor status teaching within that same field at a university; universities benefit because these professors have real-world experience working in the field and do not require the same employment benefits of full-time professors.Payscale
If this is the kind of job you want or you have, you’re in the right place! We have a resume example for you and three tips from our professional resume writers below.
Adjunct Professor Resume Example
💡ZipTip: view 200+ more professional resume samples for all industries, along with a guide to writing resumes from our experts.
Adjunct Professor Resume (text version)
email | www.linkedin.com/in/ | phone number
An extremely competent and reliable, bilingual/multilingual Adjunct Faculty with an established reputation in developing curriculums that challenge students to think analytically and exercise cognitive learning skills to execute innovative research projects and assignments. A consummate professional who utilizes applied industry experience and published research to simulate real-life situations that prepare students for the working world. Apply strong mentorship skills to bring out the highest potential in my students as well as train other faculty to utilize rigorous curriculums. Works well within collaborative team environments that focus on student achievement and being integral in changing lives and jump-starting careers.
- Curriculum Development
- Student Support
- Classroom Management
- Lesson Planning
- Technology Integration
Adjunct Professor | ZipJob | New York City, NY Year – Present
- Selected students to participate in laboratory/research assistantships to gain real-world experience.
- Encouraged active learning through seminars, field trips, panel discussions and projects to enhance students’ portfolios.
- Provided an outlet for mentorship and networking by having guest speakers in the industry visit classes for question & answer sessions.
- Promoted student success by showing flexibility in teaching style and exhibiting a passion for teaching and engaging students in the learning process.
- Consistently published research to remain on a tenure-driven track.
- Taught classes in alignment with learning objectives as outlined by the department.
- Administered student performance evaluations dependent upon course rubric and deliverables.
- Implemented an ‘open door’ policy to assist students with all assignment manners.
- Utilized various communication platforms (email, telephone, print) to communicate class expectations and assignments with students.
- Provided students with exceptional analytical, communication and research skills. More than XX students were selected to present their research before the Information Review Board (IRB).
Adjunct Professor | ZipJob | New York City, NY Year – Present
- Promptly graded assignments and delivered detailed feedback to students.
- Created and actively participated in online discussions, connecting classroom and online learning.
- Ensured the highest possible levels of achievement while teaching students to their strongest potential.
- Developed extension activities to help expand students’ knowledge of concepts and skills.
Bachelor of Science | New York University
Bonus: free resume template
ZipJob now offers a resume template you can download. The template is set up with an easy to read layout like the example above: clear section headings, modern font, and follows a reverse-chronological resume format (preferred by both hiring managers and ATS scans).
How to write an Adjunct Professor resume: 3 tips
Only include 10 to 15 years of experience
You should keep your resume’s work experience limited to the last 10 or 15 years. There are two reasons for this:
- It keeps your resume focused on your most recent experience
- It keeps your resume focused on your most relevant experience
In most cases, the jobs you held more than 15 years ago will not help you land a job. Either you have done similar tasks more recently, in which case you don’t need to repeat yourself. On the other hand, you may have changed careers since then, making your previous experience confusing and irrelevant.
For more about relevant work experience, head over to this article next: What Does Relevant Work Experience Mean On A Resume?
Don’t forget your volunteer work!
Including a section on your resume for volunteer work is a great way to showcase your experience outside of your professional work history. It’s especially useful for recent graduates, people with resume gaps, and career changers.
As a bonus, more than 41% of employers consider volunteering just as valuable as other work experience. Including your charitable experience is a great way to stand out to employers.
Always add a cover letter
Your cover letter is your chance to start a conversation with your employer. Your resume proves you have the skills and qualifications for the job, but your cover letter invites a further discussion. Whenever possible, use a cover letter to succinctly explain why you’re the perfect fit for the role. You can also highlight your most compelling achievements from your resume–but limit yourself to two or three achievements. Finally, invite the employer to contact you by phone or email.
For more cover letter tips, head over to our guide: What A Good Cover Letter Looks Like
Having a great resume will help you land your next job as an Adjunct Professor. Have accomplishments and keywords to stand out among competitors. Use this example as a guide to what kind of skills and experience employers are looking for in this field.
Still have questions? Comment below or hire your own resume writer. Zipjob has over 100 professional resume writers with experience in all industries, ready to help you create your best resume. Click below to see our services: