Samples & How to Guide
Art Director Resume Example & Guide
- Art Director Resume Sample
- Free Downloadable Template
- Tips on how to write the perfect Art Director resume
Zipjob is a member of:
An Art Director oversee the design aspect of advertising and marketing campaigns. Below is a general Art Director job description:
Art directors coordinate concept-and-design efforts for promotions which may be in print form, on websites, or in commercials, and they may be involved in consumer promotions, as well. Usually, art directors are more focused on the concept and will delegate work to graphic designers, photographers, and other artists; however, it is still important to be proficient in Photoshop and other design suites in order to lead others’ efforts and fill in when necessary.
You should never use a creative resume
Many job seekers think that an eye-catching resume template will help them stand out to hiring managers and increase their chances of landing an interview. This is a myth put out by resume builders that value design over content.
The truth is that most hiring managers prefer a traditional resume format.
Creative resume templates, like the one pictured here, can actually hurt your chances of landing an interview. Instead, you should use a basic resume format that quickly communicates your basic information and qualifications–like the one included below.
Art Director Resume Example
How confident are you feeling about your resume? If you need more help, you can always refer to the following resume sample for a position.
Want to land 2-3x more interviews… guaranteed?
Art Director Resume (Text Format)
City, State or Country if international
Phone | Email
Art Director Professional
Leverage strategic vision, business acumen, and artistic talent to deliver high-impact marketing, print-design, and ecommerce projects. Solid success directing and implementing broad range of revenue-generating design projects, from conception to launch. Readily translate business requirements into effective advertising campaigns. Partner cross-functionally to build consensus and ensure projects meet all milestones, deadlines, and budget requirements. Intuitively adapt to new technology and innovative processes while ensuring compliance with corporate standards.
- Corporate Relations
- Team Leadership
- Vendor Management
- Writing Articles
- International Coordination
Efficiently lead and administer creative design projects in support of ongoing marketing and merchandizing programs for national manufacturer specializing in inflatable fishing and recreational boats.
Assess market position and trends, devise advertising strategy, and present to senior management. Create design theme and graphics focused on B2B and B2C online and print marketing campaigns. Forge and sustain high-performance production and design teams. Coordinate with Executive Director on selection of papers, inks, and various outside sources / purchases essential to project completion. Review all production materials on key projects and provide signature authority; manage operational, strategic, financial, bid review, staffing, and administrative functions. Ensure compliance with and implement corporate standards.
- Provided creative vision and concept design for $1.2M retail contract while meeting strict turnaround schedule.
- Significantly expanded online presence by leveraging talent for market trend analysis and contemporary design; effected 300% revenue increase in key channels.
- Maximized ROI by building partnerships with third–party vendors, graphic designers, Web developers, models, and broadcast talent.
- Earned four Rx awards and two Global Awards and was selected to judge global awards for three consecutive years.
- Evolved concept of patient literacy to include design-enabling patients to better comprehend information. Then presented literacy concept to seminar for creative personnel.
- Accounts: Ferring Pharmaceutical (Repronex), Pfizer Pharmaceuticals (Pediatric Health, Customer Advocacy, Diabetes Control Network, Women’s Health), New Business
Complete School Name, City, St/Country: List Graduation Years If Within the Last Ten Years
Complete Degree Name (Candidate) – Major (GPA: List if over 3.3)
- Relevant Coursework: List coursework taken (even include those you are planning on taking)
- Awards/Honors: List any awards, honors or big achievements
- Clubs/Activities: List clubs and activities in which you participated
- Relevant Projects: List 2-3 projects you have worked on
Everything You Need To Write Your Art Director Resume
Now that you’ve seen an example of a job winning Art Director resume, here are some tips to help you write your own. You should always begin with a summary section. Remember to use basic formatting with clear section headings and a traditional layout. Finally, be sure to include top skills throughout your resume. We’ve included several examples common for Art Director below.
Let’s start with your resume summary section.
Summary for an Art Director Resume
The resume summary replaces the out-of-date resume objective. A summary outlines the most impressive parts of your resume for easy recall by your potential employer, while also serving to fill in personal qualities that may not appear elsewhere on the page. Remember that summaries are short and consist of pithy sentence fragments! You can check out the Art Director resume example for more information!
Since resumes are mostly text, numbers really stand out to a hiring manager. Adding metrics, percentages, and quantities to your resume will help translate your past experience into future value.
Formatting an Art Director Resume
Our experts recommend you start your resume with a resume summary, like the one above. Other common sections are Work Experience, Education, and either Skills or Core Competencies. Here are some guides from our blog to help you write these sections:
- How To Write Your Resume’s Work Experience Section
- How To Write Your Resume’s Education Section
- Good Skills To Put On Your Resume
Other sections for you to consider including are foreign language skills, awards and honors, certifications, and speaking engagements. These could all be relevant sections for your resume.
Art Director Skills for a Resume
Your resume should include all your skills that are relevant to your target job. Skills include both hard skills and soft skills. Hard skills are the technical know-how you need to complete a job, such as data analysis or HTML. You can include hard skills in your core competencies section.
Soft skills are harder to quantify, so they require more information to explain your aptitude. Some top soft skill examples include communication, problem solving, and emotional intelligence. Use several examples of how you use your key soft skills throughout your work history, profile summary, and resume title.
Writing Your Art Director Experience Section
Your Work Experience section should make up the bulk of your resume. This section should include your relevant job titles, companies that employed you, and the dates you were employed.
Most people will finish this section by listing daily duties in short bullet points. Don’t be one of them!
To make your resume stand out, you need to add your accomplishments and key skills to your resume’s Work Experience section.
Here are three tips from our experts:
- Use the STAR method to describe a situation, task, action, and result. This is adapted from a behavioral interview technique, so interviewers will recognize the format. it’s also a great chance for you to organize your key accomplishments.
- Don’t forget about LinkedIn! The majority of employers are going to look you up on LinkedIn, so it’s smart to make sure your LInkedIn profile is up to date and include your URL in your resume’s contact section.
- Always include a cover letter. Not everyone will bother, so it helps you look like a serious job applicant. It’s also your chance to introduce yourself: who you are, why you’re applying for this job, and how you want to proceed.
And let’s wrap it all up!
We wish you the best of luck for your job hunt, and don’t forget to check out our Cover Letter Tips!
Didn’t get the specific answers you wanted from this page? Please leave a comment with your question or visit Zipjob on Facebook, Twitter, or LinkedIn to ask. And if you really liked the sample, don’t forget to pin it on Pinterest!
Your download has started!
Professional Resume Services
Land 2x More Interviews…Guaranteed!