Samples & How to Guide
Assistant Controller Resume Example & Guide
- Assistant Controller Resume Sample
- Free Downloadable Template
- Tips on how to write the perfect Assistant Controller resume
Zipjob is a member of:
An Assistant Controller helps to manage the accounting and finance department. Below is a general job description:
An assistant controller manages day-to-day accounts activities and often oversees any internal auditing. The assistant controller must have a good working knowledge of financial regulations to ensure that the finance department is working within those parameters. It is expected that the assistant controller is a good leader and manager, as they usually help develop their team and advise their superiors. Assistant controllers are responsible for the accuracy of data in accounts, and they must ensure that all of their counts maintain integrity.
You should never use a creative resume
Many job seekers think that an eye-catching resume template will help them stand out to hiring managers and increase their chances of landing an interview. This is a myth put out by resume builders that value design over content.
The truth is that most hiring managers prefer a traditional resume format.
Creative resume templates, like the one pictured here, can actually hurt your chances of landing an interview. Instead, you should use a basic resume format that quickly communicates your basic information and qualifications–like the one included below.
Assistant Controller Resume Example
How confident are you feeling about your resume? If you need more help, you can always refer to the following resume sample for a position.
Want to land 2-3x more interviews… guaranteed?
Assistant Controller Resume (Text Format)
City, State or Country if international
Phone | Email
Assistant Controller Professional
Motivated Assistant Controller with the skills to help manage day to day accounting operations of the company while continuously establishing and improving financial processes. Maintains a documented system of accounting policies and procedures in house, while coordinating other outsourced functions. Ensure that all transactions within the firm and its subsidiaries are managed and recorded in a timely and efficient manner. Exceptional academic qualifications include a XX degree from XXX School. Completes all projects on time with the highest level of scrutiny and attention to detail to ensure results exceed expectations. Strong communication skills with institutional know-how along with the desire to work in a more fast paced and entrepreneurial environment.
- Risk Management
- Financial Analysis
- Internal Controls
- Compliance and Regulations
- Process Improvement
- Business Acumen
- Data Mining
- Prepared special reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Completed operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees, following up on work results.
- Maintained professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops.
- Reviewed professional publications, established personal networks and participated in professional societies.
- Protected operations by keeping financial information and plans confidential.
- Contributed to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Conduct performance audits, complete special projects, and investigate reports of fraud, waste, or abuse.
- Follows Generally Accepted Government Auditing Standards, which require us to be independent and objective.
- Provide objective and credible information to the City Council, the citizens, and City management.
- Develop and deliver reports through the City Council Audit and Finance Committee.
Complete School Name, City, St/Country: List Graduation Years If Within the Last Ten Years
Complete Degree Name (Candidate) – Major (GPA: List if over 3.3)
- Relevant Coursework: List coursework taken (even include those you are planning on taking)
- Awards/Honors: List any awards, honors or big achievements
- Clubs/Activities: List clubs and activities in which you participated
- Relevant Projects: List 2-3 projects you have worked on
Everything You Need To Write Your Assistant Controller Resume
Now that you’ve seen an example of a job winning Assistant Controller resume, here are some tips to help you write your own. You should always begin with a summary section. Remember to use basic formatting with clear section headings and a traditional layout. Finally, be sure to include top skills throughout your resume. We’ve included several examples common for Assistant Controller below.
Let’s start with your resume summary section.
Summary for an Assistant Controller Resume
The resume summary replaces the out-of-date resume objective. A summary outlines the most impressive parts of your resume for easy recall by your potential employer, while also serving to fill in personal qualities that may not appear elsewhere on the page. Remember that summaries are short and consist of pithy sentence fragments! You can check out the Assistant Controller resume example for more information!
Effective leadership and executive resumes use soft skills to showcase leadership skills. Your resume should include specific examples of motivating, empowering, or training people to accomplish a result.
Formatting an Assistant Controller Resume
Our experts recommend you start your resume with a resume summary, like the one above. Other common sections are Work Experience, Education, and either Skills or Core Competencies. Here are some guides from our blog to help you write these sections:
- How To Write Your Resume’s Work Experience Section
- How To Write Your Resume’s Education Section
- Good Skills To Put On Your Resume
Other sections for you to consider including are foreign language skills, awards and honors, certifications, and speaking engagements. These could all be relevant sections for your resume.
Assistant Controller Skills for a Resume
Your resume should include all your skills that are relevant to your target job. Skills include both hard skills and soft skills. Hard skills are the technical know-how you need to complete a job, such as data analysis or HTML. You can include hard skills in your core competencies section.
Soft skills are harder to quantify, so they require more information to explain your aptitude. Some top soft skill examples include communication, problem solving, and emotional intelligence. Use several examples of how you use your key soft skills throughout your work history, profile summary, and resume title.
Writing Your Assistant Controller Experience Section
Your Work Experience section should make up the bulk of your resume. This section should include your relevant job titles, companies that employed you, and the dates you were employed.
Most people will finish this section by listing daily duties in short bullet points. Don’t be one of them!
To make your resume stand out, you need to add your accomplishments and key skills to your resume’s Work Experience section.
Here are three tips from our experts:
- Use the STAR method to describe a situation, task, action, and result. This is adapted from a behavioral interview technique, so interviewers will recognize the format. it’s also a great chance for you to organize your key accomplishments.
- Don’t forget about LinkedIn! The majority of employers are going to look you up on LinkedIn, so it’s smart to make sure your LInkedIn profile is up to date and include your URL in your resume’s contact section.
- Always include a cover letter. Not everyone will bother, so it helps you look like a serious job applicant. It’s also your chance to introduce yourself: who you are, why you’re applying for this job, and how you want to proceed.
And let’s wrap it all up!
We wish you the best of luck for your job hunt, and don’t forget to check out our Cover Letter Tips!
Didn’t get the specific answers you wanted from this page? Please leave a comment with your question or visit Zipjob on Facebook, Twitter, or LinkedIn to ask. And if you really liked the sample, don’t forget to pin it on Pinterest!
Your download has started!
Professional Resume Services
Land 2x More Interviews…Guaranteed!