An Assistant Director oversees the administrative functions of a school or university. Below is a general job description:
Under the general supervision of the Director of International Education, the incumbent manages and directs the international education program staff district-wide and is responsible for the day-to-day operations of immigration, academic and student support services provided to international and domestic students, exchange visitors, and international visitors. The incumbent interacts with other departments of the college and community resources to assure that students receive effective services.PCC.edu
If this is the kind of job you want or you have, you’re in the right place! We have a resume example for you and three tips from our professional resume writers below.
Assistant Director Resume Example
💡ZipTip: view 200+ more professional resume samples for all industries, along with a guide to writing resumes from our experts.
Graduate Teaching Assistant Resume (text version)
email | www.linkedin.com/in/ | phone number
Motivated, dedicated, Assistant Director highly regarded for collaborating with students, staff, faculty, and the school community to surpass all goals and ambitions. Leverages strong communication skills to build and maintain relationships with key decision-makers while allowing teachers to excel and have the tools necessary for increasing overall student achievement. Passionate administrator who excels at turning under-producing individuals into teams that work efficiently and exceed all expectations. educational administrator with a passion for collaborating with students, staff, faculty and the school community to exceed all goals and ambitions. Thrives in fast-paced and diverse environments.
- Relationship Building
- Professional Development
- Staff Training
- Team Building
- Performance Metrics
- School Improvements
- Brand Messaging
ZipJob, New York City, NY Year – Present
- Effectively lead the development and implementation of the district science curriculum for a population of XX students including XX elementary schools and XX K-8 schools to enhance student learning.
- Directly supervise and develop district level direct reports responsible for providing comprehensive instructional support to science teachers with implementing curriculum and assessments.
- Collaborate with principals, supervisors, department chairpersons and teachers to ensure instructional programs and services are coordinated within the schools and are administered uniformly and equitably.
- Coordinate with building principals to observe classroom instruction, evaluate curriculum implementation (content, materials, pedagogy, pace and standards), student performance and program effectiveness to identify areas for improvement.
- Provide comprehensive training in best practices and trends in science to elementary principals ensuring their complete understanding of new initiatives.
- Meticulously analyze complex performance data including state and district assessment regarding the achievement of students, work samples and other pertinent information affecting the design and evaluation of curriculum and instructional practices.
- Successfully manage the $xx budget and coordinate the purchasing of instructional materials and equipment for science curriculum and programs.
- Closely supervised and supported all districts, schools and instructional staff members by identifying needs based on data and implementing evidence-based instructional practices and strategies.
ZipJob, New York City, NY Year – Year
- Developed key professional development modules for district and school- based administrators, instructional coaches and teachers in effective methods, resources, assessments and evidence-based instructional strategies.
- Led audits to monitor progress and provide technical assistance in areas of need in addition to leading the development of school action plans and providing on-site support to increase academic achievement.
- Devised and implemented a comprehensive new hire orientation program to drive business growth.
Bachelor of Education | New York University, NY
Bonus: free resume template
ZipJob now offers a resume template you can download. The template is set up with an easy to read layout like the example above: clear section headings, modern font, and follows a reverse-chronological resume format (preferred by both hiring managers and ATS scans).
How to write an Assistant Director resume: 3 tips
Soft skills help leaders stand out
When applying for a leadership position, be sure to include examples of your soft skills throughout your resume. Your resume should include specific examples of how you have motivated, encouraged, supported, and taught people to accomplish a result.
Here are some examples:
- Hired and trained team of 10 sales reps; by focusing on more empathic communication, sales increased 64% in 2018
- Supported newly remote team of 4 software engineers by providing resources, support, and tools needed to accomplish their goals
- Organized and motivated a team of 16 volunteers for a two-day fundraising event that earned 4k+ for cancer research
Always add a cover letter
Your cover letter is your chance to start a conversation with your employer. Your resume proves you have the skills and qualifications for the job, but your cover letter invites a further discussion. Whenever possible, use a cover letter to succinctly explain why you’re the perfect fit for the role. You can also highlight your most compelling achievements from your resume–but limit yourself to two or three achievements. Finally, invite the employer to contact you by phone or email.
For more cover letter tips, head over to our guide: What A Good Cover Letter Looks Like
Maximize your core competencies
Your core competencies, or key skills, are a powerful way to show an ATS scan that you’re a great applicant. This section should change slightly for almost every job you apply for. You want to keep it highly tailored to the job description. For example, if one of your core competencies is customer service but the job description is looking for client communication skills, swap out “customer service” for “client communication.”
To identify the best skills to highlight here, this list of 10 vital skills to put on your resume is a good starting point.
Having a great resume will help you land your next job as an Assistant Director. Use this example as a guide to what kind of skills and experience employers are looking for in this field.
Still have questions? Comment below or hire your own resume writer. Zipjob has over 100 professional resume writers with experience in all industries, ready to help you create your best resume. Click below to see our services: