Samples & How to Guide
Assistant Property Manager Resume Example & Guide
- Assistant Property Manager Resume Sample
- Free Downloadable Template
- Tips on how to write the perfect Assistant Property Manager resume
Zipjob is a member of:
An Assistant Property Manager helps manage properties and tenants. Below is a general job description from Payscale:
Assistant property managers work under a senior manager and are often be the first contact with potential tenants. They discuss lease agreements, show apartments, and host open houses. They may review applicants by running background or credit checks and checking references. Once moved in, tenants typically communicate with assistant property managers regarding paying rent or negotiating leases. Assistant property managers collect rent and pay the building’s bills and property taxes. They connect with all on-site management, including maintenance and security, to ensure that everything at the property is being handled well.
You should never use a creative resume
Many job seekers think that an eye-catching resume template will help them stand out to hiring managers and increase their chances of landing an interview. This is a myth put out by resume builders that value design over content.
The truth is that most hiring managers prefer a traditional resume format.
Creative resume templates, like the one pictured here, can actually hurt your chances of landing an interview. Instead, you should use a basic resume format that quickly communicates your basic information and qualifications–like the one included below.
Assistant Property Manager Resume Example
How confident are you feeling about your resume? If you need more help, you can always refer to the following resume sample for a position.
Want to land 2-3x more interviews… guaranteed?
Assistant Property Manager Resume (Text Format)
City, State or Country if international
Phone | Email
Assistant Property Manager Professional
Dynamic career success as an Assistant Property Manager showcasing a proven track of increasing and maintaining a high level of occupancy. Achieved success in building and maintaining relationships with clients, upper management, the community and residents resulting in record breaking revenue streams and occupancy levels. Well organized with a track record that demonstrates self-motivation, creativity and initiative to achieve both personal and corporate goals.
- Property Management
- Invoice Coding
- Customer Service
- Financial Reporting
- Compliance Laws
- Led a team of 7 serving 296 apartment homes; reported to Owners, Senior and Regional Managers.
- Improved occupancy by xx%.
- Worked with maintenance to improve wait times on tickets.
- Increased revenues xx%
- Executed the properties marketing plan and maximized use of the marketing software increasing prospect traffic weekly.
- Minimized budget expenses and increased NOI by 11% over 3 quarters.
- Collected revenue decreasing delinquency from $62, 450 at walk-on to $17,110 within 6 months.
- Primarily responsible for resident rents, deposits, fees, and file management.
- Responsible for maintaining all aspects of community operations for a 336-unit property with a staff of 7 employees.
- Started as Assistant Manager and was quickly promoted to Property Manager.
- Increased occupancy from 87% to 95%, lowering exposure to 5% in a poor market
- Consistently reached monthly budget and collection goals.
- Received honorary ‘Golden Cube’ award for exceptional managerial performance.
- Maintained monthly budget and prepared bonus summaries, month end reports and leasing summaries.
- Periodically evaluated and revised marketing techniques for the property to assure minimal vacancy levels resulting in an increase in occupancy by over 20%
- Fostered successful, ongoing communication with current tenants and increased retention by 20%
- Created and implemented leasing forms and procedures, collections and all paperwork necessary
- Record breaking leasing month and award-winning customer service achieved
Complete School Name, City, St/Country: List Graduation Years If Within the Last Ten Years
Complete Degree Name (Candidate) – Major (GPA: List if over 3.3)
- Relevant Coursework: List coursework taken (even include those you are planning on taking)
- Awards/Honors: List any awards, honors or big achievements
- Clubs/Activities: List clubs and activities in which you participated
- Relevant Projects: List 2-3 projects you have worked on
Everything You Need To Write Your Assistant Property Manager Resume
Now that you’ve seen an example of a job winning Assistant Property Manager resume, here are some tips to help you write your own. You should always begin with a summary section. Remember to use basic formatting with clear section headings and a traditional layout. Finally, be sure to include top skills throughout your resume. We’ve included several examples common for Assistant Property Manager below.
Let’s start with your resume summary section.
Summary for an Assistant Property Manager Resume
The resume summary replaces the out-of-date resume objective. A summary outlines the most impressive parts of your resume for easy recall by your potential employer, while also serving to fill in personal qualities that may not appear elsewhere on the page. Remember that summaries are short and consist of pithy sentence fragments! You can check out the Assistant Property Manager resume example for more information!
Color is one of the things that can help differentiate your resume. It can highlight your most important information, like your name and job titles, and add some personality to your job application. Just be sure not to go overboard!
Formatting an Assistant Property Manager Resume
Our experts recommend you start your resume with a resume summary, like the one above. Other common sections are Work Experience, Education, and either Skills or Core Competencies. Here are some guides from our blog to help you write these sections:
- How To Write Your Resume’s Work Experience Section
- How To Write Your Resume’s Education Section
- Good Skills To Put On Your Resume
Other sections for you to consider including are foreign language skills, awards and honors, certifications, and speaking engagements. These could all be relevant sections for your resume.
Assistant Property Manager Skills for a Resume
Your resume should include all your skills that are relevant to your target job. Skills include both hard skills and soft skills. Hard skills are the technical know-how you need to complete a job, such as data analysis or HTML. You can include hard skills in your core competencies section.
Soft skills are harder to quantify, so they require more information to explain your aptitude. Some top soft skill examples include communication, problem solving, and emotional intelligence. Use several examples of how you use your key soft skills throughout your work history, profile summary, and resume title.
Writing Your Assistant Property Manager Experience Section
Your Work Experience section should make up the bulk of your resume. This section should include your relevant job titles, companies that employed you, and the dates you were employed.
Most people will finish this section by listing daily duties in short bullet points. Don’t be one of them!
To make your resume stand out, you need to add your accomplishments and key skills to your resume’s Work Experience section.
Here are three tips from our experts:
- Use the STAR method to describe a situation, task, action, and result. This is adapted from a behavioral interview technique, so interviewers will recognize the format. it’s also a great chance for you to organize your key accomplishments.
- Don’t forget about LinkedIn! The majority of employers are going to look you up on LinkedIn, so it’s smart to make sure your LInkedIn profile is up to date and include your URL in your resume’s contact section.
- Always include a cover letter. Not everyone will bother, so it helps you look like a serious job applicant. It’s also your chance to introduce yourself: who you are, why you’re applying for this job, and how you want to proceed.
And let’s wrap it all up!
We wish you the best of luck for your job hunt, and don’t forget to check out our Cover Letter Tips!
Didn’t get the specific answers you wanted from this page? Please leave a comment with your question or visit Zipjob on Facebook, Twitter, or LinkedIn to ask. And if you really liked the sample, don’t forget to pin it on Pinterest!
Your download has started!
Professional Resume Services
Land 2x More Interviews…Guaranteed!