Samples & How to Guide
Assistant Spa Manager Resume Example & Guide
- Assistant Spa Manager Resume Sample
- Free Downloadable Template
- Tips on how to write the perfect Assistant Spa Manager resume
Zipjob is a member of:
An Assistant Spa Manager helps the manager of a spa with daily operations and guest relations. Below is a general job description:
Assistant spa managers should be customer-oriented and have strong sales and marketing skills, as they focus primarily on sales and working with teams of technicians and injectors to expand their business, and some may work at the front desk to provide quality customer service.
You should never use a creative resume
Many job seekers think that an eye-catching resume template will help them stand out to hiring managers and increase their chances of landing an interview. This is a myth put out by resume builders that value design over content.
The truth is that most hiring managers prefer a traditional resume format.
Creative resume templates, like the one pictured here, can actually hurt your chances of landing an interview. Instead, you should use a basic resume format that quickly communicates your basic information and qualifications–like the one included below.
Assistant Spa Manager Resume Example
How confident are you feeling about your resume? If you need more help, you can always refer to the following resume sample for a position.
Want to land 2-3x more interviews… guaranteed?
Assistant Spa Manager Resume (Text Format)
City, State or Country if international
Phone | Email
Assistant Spa Manager Professional
A dynamic, results-oriented Assistant Spa Manager and offering focused leadership to drive sales and profitability in highly competitive markets. Noted for outstanding communications skills, both with guests and staff; ability to resolve problems quickly and equitably to ensure satisfied customers and happy employees. Consistently achieve performance goals through enthusiasm, tenacity and initiative. Manager with the ability to motivate staff members and turn under-producing teams into record-breaking units. Well organized with a track record that demonstrates self-motivation, perseverance and the creativity to achieve both personal and corporate goals.
- Team Building
- Assistant Spa Management
- Cost Control
- Facility Management
- Staff Training
- Guest Relations
- Quality Assurance
- P&L Management
- Customer Service
- Coordinated with manager and administered every day activities for facility.
- Monitored all services provided and ensured compliance to all health and safety codes.
- Maintained retail inventory and placed order as required.
- Coached front desk staff daily on general customer satisfaction and up sale of promotional items.
- Execute the spa’s vision of providing exceptional service, while spreading the Spirit of Aloha.
- Conduct training and orientations with new hires, and advise the Spa Manager during the hiring process.
- Implemented management techniques that made sure therapists, estheticians, and spa attendants are held accountable for their work, or lack thereof.
- Manage the physical maintenance of the spa through DIY projects organized and carried out by myself and/or members of the team, and train desk staff on basic repairs and fixes.
- Assist and monitor customer service staff and other all other departments
- Counting down cash register and reporting to regional accountant
- Assisting members and potential members
- Reception duties (answering multiline telephone, taking messages, directing calls)
- Act as an administrative assistant to General Manager and Customer Service Manager (general office work, data entry)
- Track daily Spa revenue and record in Flash Drive
- Responsible for all ordering of Spa inventory and supplies
- Help manage and motivate spa staff
Complete School Name, City, St/Country: List Graduation Years If Within the Last Ten Years
Complete Degree Name (Candidate) – Major (GPA: List if over 3.3)
- Relevant Coursework: List coursework taken (even include those you are planning on taking)
- Awards/Honors: List any awards, honors or big achievements
- Clubs/Activities: List clubs and activities in which you participated
- Relevant Projects: List 2-3 projects you have worked on
Everything You Need To Write Your Assistant Spa Manager Resume
Now that you’ve seen an example of a job winning Assistant Spa Manager resume, here are some tips to help you write your own. You should always begin with a summary section. Remember to use basic formatting with clear section headings and a traditional layout. Finally, be sure to include top skills throughout your resume. We’ve included several examples common for Assistant Spa Manager below.
Let’s start with your resume summary section.
Summary for an Assistant Spa Manager Resume
The resume summary replaces the out-of-date resume objective. A summary outlines the most impressive parts of your resume for easy recall by your potential employer, while also serving to fill in personal qualities that may not appear elsewhere on the page. Remember that summaries are short and consist of pithy sentence fragments! You can check out the Assistant Spa Manager resume example for more information!
Since resumes are mostly text, numbers really stand out to a hiring manager. Adding metrics, percentages, and quantities to your resume will help translate your past experience into future value.
Formatting an Assistant Spa Manager Resume
Our experts recommend you start your resume with a resume summary, like the one above. Other common sections are Work Experience, Education, and either Skills or Core Competencies. Here are some guides from our blog to help you write these sections:
- How To Write Your Resume’s Work Experience Section
- How To Write Your Resume’s Education Section
- Good Skills To Put On Your Resume
Other sections for you to consider including are foreign language skills, awards and honors, certifications, and speaking engagements. These could all be relevant sections for your resume.
Assistant Spa Manager Skills for a Resume
Your resume should include all your skills that are relevant to your target job. Skills include both hard skills and soft skills. Hard skills are the technical know-how you need to complete a job, such as data analysis or HTML. You can include hard skills in your core competencies section.
Soft skills are harder to quantify, so they require more information to explain your aptitude. Some top soft skill examples include communication, problem solving, and emotional intelligence. Use several examples of how you use your key soft skills throughout your work history, profile summary, and resume title.
Writing Your Assistant Spa Manager Experience Section
Your Work Experience section should make up the bulk of your resume. This section should include your relevant job titles, companies that employed you, and the dates you were employed.
Most people will finish this section by listing daily duties in short bullet points. Don’t be one of them!
To make your resume stand out, you need to add your accomplishments and key skills to your resume’s Work Experience section.
Here are three tips from our experts:
- Use the STAR method to describe a situation, task, action, and result. This is adapted from a behavioral interview technique, so interviewers will recognize the format. it’s also a great chance for you to organize your key accomplishments.
- Don’t forget about LinkedIn! The majority of employers are going to look you up on LinkedIn, so it’s smart to make sure your LInkedIn profile is up to date and include your URL in your resume’s contact section.
- Always include a cover letter. Not everyone will bother, so it helps you look like a serious job applicant. It’s also your chance to introduce yourself: who you are, why you’re applying for this job, and how you want to proceed.
And let’s wrap it all up!
We wish you the best of luck for your job hunt, and don’t forget to check out our Cover Letter Tips!
Didn’t get the specific answers you wanted from this page? Please leave a comment with your question or visit Zipjob on Facebook, Twitter, or LinkedIn to ask. And if you really liked the sample, don’t forget to pin it on Pinterest!
Your download has started!
Professional Resume Services
Land 2x More Interviews…Guaranteed!