A Camera Operator captures videos and images for projects. Below is a general job description:
Camera operators are responsible for capturing images and video on film projects by use of a camera. They may be employed by a film company, educational institution, or an independent filmmaker.Payscale
If this is the kind of job you want or you have, you’re in the right place! We have a resume example for you and three tips from our professional resume writers below.
Camera Operator Resume Example
Camera Operator Resume (text version)
email | www.linkedin.com/in/ | phone number
Experienced Camera Operator with 10 years of success. Well-versed in digital modeling, 2D/3D, draping, media compilation, and product updates. Key skills in leadership, editing, time management, project management, and problem resolution.
Camera Operator | ZipJob | New York City, NY Year – Present
- Created Digital Elevation Models, using acquired LiDAR points
- Draped 2D digital photographs over a computer generated 3D surface
- Compiled Meta Data for client based on contract specifications
- Managed multiple projects on short lead times while leading a team of Imagery Analysts
- Digital camera operator for aerial photography acquisition
- Photoshop & AutoCAD editing
- Handled multiple product changes to accommodate changing customer specifications
Camera Operator | ZipJob | New York City, NY Year – Year
- Performed prepping of blue prints, engineering documents, newspapers for filming
- Set-up cameras, films documents, county newspapers, county record books for county
- Performed quality assurance inspections on microfilms processed
- Performed jacket loading of microfilms
- Kodak rotary I-70, MRD Planetary Camera, Canofile
- Managed a film team of 6 members
- Instructed individuals and crews during live stream
- Advertised for multiple businesses and corporations throughout broadcasts
- Tested and operated Replay System
- Trained new members as well as seasonal members
Bachelor of Arts | Mount Saint Mary College
Certification | School
Technical Proficiencies: List all software here
Bonus: free resume template
ZipJob now offers a resume template you can download. The template is set up with an easy to read layout like the example above: clear section headings, modern font, and follows a reverse-chronological resume format (preferred by both hiring managers and ATS scans).
How to write a Camera Operator resume: 3 tips
Use reverse-chronological format for your work experience
There are three resume formats common in the US and Canada today, but your work experience should always be listed reverse-chronologically. This means you should start with your most recent job at the top of your work experience section. Follow with your previous job under that, and so on.
This way, you’re keeping your most recent experience at the top of your resume. That is where it is most likely to be noticed by hiring managers.
Use soft skills throughout your resume
Strong job applicants should have a mix of hard skills and soft skills. Soft skills include collaboration, communication, emotional intelligence, and creativity. Instead of listing these within a skills section, you should use examples of how you have used soft skills in your work history. For example:
- Collaborated with sales and product development teams to design, implement, and oversee new marketing campaign
- Solved ongoing problem with tracking shipments by implementing an Excel sheet system that automatically updated when shipments left the warehouse
- Communicated effectively with internal and external stakeholders throughout 6 month project, providing weekly email updates and a wrap up presentation with key points, results, and future plans
💡ZipTip: our resume experts tend to prefer a Core Competencies section over a skills section. Learn how to write your own with this guide: Core Competencies Section on a Resume
Always add a cover letter
Your cover letter is your chance to start a conversation with your employer. Your resume proves you have the skills and qualifications for the job, but your cover letter invites a further discussion. Whenever possible, use a cover letter to succinctly explain why you’re the perfect fit for the role. You can also highlight your most compelling achievements from your resume–but limit yourself to two or three achievements. Finally, invite the employer to contact you by phone or email.
For more cover letter tips, head over to our guide: What A Good Cover Letter Looks Like
Having a great resume will help you land your next job as a Camera Operator. Use this example as a guide to what kind of skills and experience employers are looking for in this field.
Still have questions? Comment below or hire your own resume writer. Zipjob has over 100 professional resume writers with experience in all industries, ready to help you create your best resume. Click below to see our services: