Samples & How to Guide
Client Relationship Manager Resume Example & Guide
- Client Relationship Manager Resume Sample
- Free Downloadable Template
- Tips on how to write the perfect Client Relationship Manager resume
Zipjob is a member of:
A Client Relationship Manager oversees key client relationships for a company to ensure customers are satisfied. Below is a general Client Relationship Manager job description:
A client relations manager is tasked with establishing, maintaining, and enhancing the relationship between the company and external clients. They interact with many different members of the client’s team to organize and execute plans that ensure mutual profit. They also must build trust as a liaison between – and advisor to – the company and the clients, which will help create opportunities for all parties involved.
You should never use a creative resume
Many job seekers think that an eye-catching resume template will help them stand out to hiring managers and increase their chances of landing an interview. This is a myth put out by resume builders that value design over content.
The truth is that most hiring managers prefer a traditional resume format.
Creative resume templates, like the one pictured here, can actually hurt your chances of landing an interview. Instead, you should use a basic resume format that quickly communicates your basic information and qualifications–like the one included below.
Client Relationship Manager Resume Example
How confident are you feeling about your resume? If you need more help, you can always refer to the following resume sample for a position.
Want to land 2-3x more interviews… guaranteed?
Client Relationship Manager Resume (Text Format)
City, State or Country if international
Phone | Email
Client Relationship Manager Professional
Dedicated bilingual/multilingual Client Relationship Manager highly regarded for with proven ability to maximize revenue through customer relationship management, negotiations, account management, loyalty programs and selling strategies. Motivated professional who drives new business by establishing strong alliances with clients and industry leaders to increase market share. Well organized, demonstrating self-motivation, perseverance and the creativity to achieve both personal and corporate goals. Accustomed to performing in deadline-driven, fast-paced environments while pushing creative limits. Strong team leadership skills with experience working in a team environment, able to collaborate with individuals from diverse backgrounds.
- Solution Selling
- Consultative Selling
- Business Acumen
- Business Development
- Team Leader
- Client Prospecting
- Strategic Partnerships
- Developed lasting relationships with contacts to ensure loyalty and grow accounts in value.
- Managed key accounts and ensured they had top service, working with sales and operations teams to improve or tailor our offering to each client.
- Responsible for a $xxM portfolio in annual global business.
- Seek out territory growth opportunities and forge new relationships.
- Collaborated with service departments to create procedures to increase customer service and improve customer satisfaction and loyalty.
- Cultivated innovative and successful local and national market level initiatives and promotions to build brand development and recognition.
- Responsible for selling, managing and growing sales volume within the territory.
- Generated new business and maintained existing relationships with key account decision markers.
- Propelled annual sales from $XX to $XX by formalizing the sales target programs to create synergy.
- Pivotal in providing clients with data management assistance and exceptional sales support.
Complete School Name, City, St/Country: List Graduation Years If Within the Last Ten Years
Complete Degree Name (Candidate) – Major (GPA: List if over 3.3)
- Relevant Coursework: List coursework taken (even include those you are planning on taking)
- Awards/Honors: List any awards, honors or big achievements
- Clubs/Activities: List clubs and activities in which you participated
- Relevant Projects: List 2-3 projects you have worked on
Everything You Need To Write Your Client Relationship Manager Resume
Now that you’ve seen an example of a job winning Client Relationship Manager resume, here are some tips to help you write your own. You should always begin with a summary section. Remember to use basic formatting with clear section headings and a traditional layout. Finally, be sure to include top skills throughout your resume. We’ve included several examples common for Client Relationship Manager below.
Let’s start with your resume summary section.
Summary for a Client Relationship Manager Resume
The resume summary replaces the out-of-date resume objective. A summary outlines the most impressive parts of your resume for easy recall by your potential employer, while also serving to fill in personal qualities that may not appear elsewhere on the page. Remember that summaries are short and consist of pithy sentence fragments! You can check out the Client Relationship Manager resume example for more information!
Since resumes are mostly text, numbers really stand out to a hiring manager. Adding metrics, percentages, and quantities to your resume will help translate your past experience into future value.
Formatting a Client Relationship Manager Resume
Our experts recommend you start your resume with a resume summary, like the one above. Other common sections are Work Experience, Education, and either Skills or Core Competencies. Here are some guides from our blog to help you write these sections:
- How To Write Your Resume’s Work Experience Section
- How To Write Your Resume’s Education Section
- Good Skills To Put On Your Resume
Other sections for you to consider including are foreign language skills, awards and honors, certifications, and speaking engagements. These could all be relevant sections for your resume.
Client Relationship Manager Skills for a Resume
Your resume should include all your skills that are relevant to your target job. Skills include both hard skills and soft skills. Hard skills are the technical know-how you need to complete a job, such as data analysis or HTML. You can include hard skills in your core competencies section.
Soft skills are harder to quantify, so they require more information to explain your aptitude. Some top soft skill examples include communication, problem solving, and emotional intelligence. Use several examples of how you use your key soft skills throughout your work history, profile summary, and resume title.
Writing Your Client Relationship Manager Experience Section
Your Work Experience section should make up the bulk of your resume. This section should include your relevant job titles, companies that employed you, and the dates you were employed.
Most people will finish this section by listing daily duties in short bullet points. Don’t be one of them!
To make your resume stand out, you need to add your accomplishments and key skills to your resume’s Work Experience section.
Here are three tips from our experts:
- Use the STAR method to describe a situation, task, action, and result. This is adapted from a behavioral interview technique, so interviewers will recognize the format. it’s also a great chance for you to organize your key accomplishments.
- Don’t forget about LinkedIn! The majority of employers are going to look you up on LinkedIn, so it’s smart to make sure your LInkedIn profile is up to date and include your URL in your resume’s contact section.
- Always include a cover letter. Not everyone will bother, so it helps you look like a serious job applicant. It’s also your chance to introduce yourself: who you are, why you’re applying for this job, and how you want to proceed.
And let’s wrap it all up!
We wish you the best of luck for your job hunt, and don’t forget to check out our Cover Letter Tips!
Didn’t get the specific answers you wanted from this page? Please leave a comment with your question or visit Zipjob on Facebook, Twitter, or LinkedIn to ask. And if you really liked the sample, don’t forget to pin it on Pinterest!
Your download has started!
Professional Resume Services
Land 2x More Interviews…Guaranteed!