Samples & How to Guide
Customer Service Agent Resume Example & Guide
- Customer Service Agent Resume Sample
- Free Downloadable Template
- Tips on how to write the perfect Customer Service Agent resume
Zipjob is a member of:
A Customer Service Agent works across industries to ensure customer satisfaction. Below is a general job description:
Customer service agents work in many types of private businesses, including at retail, insurance, and travel establishments. Customer service agents spend most of their time working with customers and clients to develop and strengthen business-customer relationships. These relationships are vital to the growth and prosperity of companies, as frustrated customers may not return for future business and the company could develop a bad reputation for poor customer care.
If this is the kind of job you want or you have, you’re in the right place! We have a resume example for you and tips from our professional resume writers below.
You should never use a creative resume
Many job seekers think that an eye-catching resume template will help them stand out to hiring managers and increase their chances of landing an interview. This is a myth put out by resume builders that value design over content.
The truth is that most hiring managers prefer a traditional resume format.
Creative resume templates, like the one pictured here, can actually hurt your chances of landing an interview. Instead, you should use a basic resume format that quickly communicates your basic information and qualifications–like the one included below.
Customer Service Agent Resume Example
How confident are you feeling about your resume? If you need more help, you can always refer to the following resume sample for a position.
Want to land 2-3x more interviews… guaranteed?
Customer Service Agent Resume (Text Format)
City, State or Country if international
Phone | Email
Customer Service Agent Professional
Accomplished, goal-oriented Customer Service Agent highly regarded for enhancing the customer experience through understanding, specialized support, and acute product and service knowledge. Proficiently perform research, analysis and data management to track customer trends and improve retention. Strive in fast-paced environments performing regular and recurring duties simultaneously with minimal supervision. Self-starter with excellent oral and written communication skills. Proven team player with the ability to work with people at all levels of a corporation.
- Customer Service
- Business Development
- Root Cause Analysis
- Problem Solving
- Crisis Management
- Relationship Building
- Client Engagement
- Community Relations
- Ensure a positive working environment through teamwork, proactive problem solving and maintaining the cleanliness of the department.
- Achieved excellent results by up selling products and services while setting up new phones and plans, helping determine which cell phone or carrier was best for them.
- Provided additional assistance in the video gaming department, helping any customers I could while up selling other products and services.
- Provide exceptional customer service while assisting and interacting with clients, building key relationships and ensuring top level service to continue corporate growth and increase revenue streams
- Provided exceptional customer service in a very busy, fast-paced environment while efficiently checking out customers
- Assisted customers with any inquiries and worked within a cohesive team environment.
- Worked within a team to maximize store productivity
- Supervise all departments, maintaining the health and safety of all staff and customers, managing large groups of casual and part-time employees and delegating tasks to night fill staff
- Develop improved procedures for the opening and closing of the store at the beginning and end of each day
- Listen to customer needs and analyze each situation, offering advice and opinions on products and services to best fit their unique situation.
Complete School Name, City, St/Country: List Graduation Years If Within the Last Ten Years
Complete Degree Name (Candidate) – Major (GPA: List if over 3.3)
- Relevant Coursework: List coursework taken (even include those you are planning on taking)
- Awards/Honors: List any awards, honors or big achievements
- Clubs/Activities: List clubs and activities in which you participated
- Relevant Projects: List 2-3 projects you have worked on
Everything You Need To Write Your Customer Service Agent Resume
Now that you’ve seen an example of a job winning Customer Service Agent resume, here are some tips to help you write your own. You should always begin with a summary section. Remember to use basic formatting with clear section headings and a traditional layout. Finally, be sure to include top skills throughout your resume. We’ve included several examples common for Customer Service Agent below.
Let’s start with your resume summary section.
Summary for a Customer Service Agent Resume
The resume summary replaces the out-of-date resume objective. A summary outlines the most impressive parts of your resume for easy recall by your potential employer, while also serving to fill in personal qualities that may not appear elsewhere on the page. Remember that summaries are short and consist of pithy sentence fragments! You can check out the Customer Service Agent resume example for more information!
Always start with your most recent positions at the top of your resume. This is called reverse-chronological format, and keeps your most relevant information easy for hiring managers to review.
Formatting a Customer Service Agent Resume
Our experts recommend you start your resume with a resume summary, like the one above. Other common sections are Work Experience, Education, and either Skills or Core Competencies. Here are some guides from our blog to help you write these sections:
- How To Write Your Resume’s Work Experience Section
- How To Write Your Resume’s Education Section
- Good Skills To Put On Your Resume
Other sections for you to consider including are foreign language skills, awards and honors, certifications, and speaking engagements. These could all be relevant sections for your resume.
Customer Service Agent Skills for a Resume
You should always tailor your resume to include the hard skills and soft skills you have and employers want.
Hard skills are the technical know-how you need to complete a job, such as accounting or Google Analytics. You can include hard skills in your core competencies section.
Soft skills are harder to quantify, so they require more information to explain your ability. Some top soft skill examples include communication, problem solving, and emotional intelligence. Use examples of how you use your key soft skills to accomplish goals throughout your work history, resume summary, and resume title.
Writing Your Customer Service Agent Experience Section
Your Work Experience section should make up the bulk of your resume. This section should include your relevant job titles, companies that employed you, and the dates you were employed.
Most people will finish this section by listing daily duties in short bullet points. Don’t be one of them!
To make your resume stand out, you need to add your accomplishments and key skills to your resume’s Work Experience section.
Here are three tips from our experts:
- Use the STAR method to describe a situation, task, action, and result. This is adapted from a behavioral interview technique, so interviewers will recognize the format. it’s also a great chance for you to organize your key accomplishments.
- Don’t forget about LinkedIn! The majority of employers are going to look you up on LinkedIn, so it’s smart to make sure your LInkedIn profile is up to date and include your URL in your resume’s contact section.
- Always include a cover letter. Not everyone will bother, so it helps you look like a serious job applicant. It’s also your chance to introduce yourself: who you are, why you’re applying for this job, and how you want to proceed.
And let’s wrap it all up!
We wish you the best of luck for your job hunt, and don’t forget to check out our Cover Letter Tips!
Didn’t get the specific answers you wanted from this page? Please leave a comment with your question or visit Zipjob on Facebook, Twitter, or LinkedIn to ask. And if you really liked the sample, don’t forget to pin it on Pinterest!
Your download has started!
Professional Resume Services
Land 2x More Interviews…Guaranteed!