A Dialysis Technician works with dialysis patients to evaluate and assist with procedures. Here is a general job description for a Dialysis Technician:
Dialysis technicians work in hospitals and clinical environments to assist patients in need of dialysis procedures; these patients often have failing kidneys and/or kidney diseases and need their blood cleaned because their body cannot do it for them. These technicians evaluate patients prior to the dialysis being carried out; this includes taking blood pressure, weight, temperature, and pulse. The dialysis equipment must also be tested and routine maintenance must be carried out to ensure proper functioning.Payscale
If this is the kind of job you want or you have, you’re in the right place! We have a resume example for you and three tips from our professional resume writers below.
Dialysis Technician Resume Example
💡ZipTip: view 200+ more professional resume samples for all industries, along with a guide to writing resumes from our experts.
Dialysis Technician Resume (text version)
email | www.linkedin.com/in/ | phone number
Dialysis | Documentation | Patient/Family Education
A highly competent, dedicated, and compassionate Hemodialysis Technician regarded for expertly providing high-quality care to patients under stressful, life-altering situations. Respected for the keen ability to immediately develop trust and relationships with patients and families, treating many for numerous years. Strong organizational skills and ability to communicate with patients, their families, and medical staff to optimize care/outcomes. Familiar with dialysis equipment, and known as a team player who goes out of the way to improve care in all situations.
- Patient Assessment
- Isolation Precautions
- Electronic Charting
- Renal Failure
- Equipment Maintenance
- Kidney Education
- HIPAA Compliance
Hemodialysis Technician | ZipJob | New York City, NY
Year – Present
- Managed and maintained all dialysis machines – disinfected/cleaned, proactively monitoring for any problems.
- Collected and recorded vital signs of pre and post dialysis patients.
- Recorded patient’s general health and responded to previous dialysis treatment.
- Reported any unusual results to the nurse immediately.
- Provided complete dialysis treatment on all assigned patients.
- Monitored patients during hemodialysis treatment including vital signs, Machine checks and other related activities
- Maintained Life Support System and initiated AED operation during emergencies.
Dialysis Technician | ZipJob | New York City, NY
Year – Present
- Performed exceptional patient care, optimizing each visit, under direct supervision of an RN.
- Reported to supervisor any abnormal changes.
- Initiated/terminated dialysis treatment according to protocols.
- Cleaned/sanitized all machinery.
- Recorded patient vital signs, including blood samples and culture specimens.
Bachelor of Science| New York University
Dialysis Technician Certification
Languages: English, Gujarati, and Hindi
Bonus: free resume template
ZipJob now offers a resume template you can download. The template is set up with an easy to read layout like the example above: clear section headings, modern font, and follows a reverse-chronological resume format (preferred by both hiring managers and ATS scans).
How to write an Dialysis Technician resume: 3 tips
Maximize your core competencies
Your core competencies, or key skills, are a powerful way to show an ATS scan that you’re a great applicant. This section should change slightly for almost every job you apply for. You want to keep it highly tailored to the job description. For example, if one of your core competencies is customer service but the job description is looking for client communication skills, swap out “customer service” for “client communication.”
To identify the best skills to highlight here, this list of 10 vital skills to put on your resume is a good starting point.
Soft skills help leaders stand out
When applying for a leadership position, be sure to include examples of your soft skills throughout your resume. Your resume should include specific examples of how you have motivated, encouraged, supported, and taught people to accomplish a result.
Here are some examples:
- Hired and trained team of 10 sales reps; by focusing on more empathic communication, sales increased 64% in 2018
- Supported newly remote team of 4 software engineers by providing resources, support, and tools needed to accomplish their goals
- Organized and motivated a team of 16 volunteers for a two-day fundraising event that earned 4k+ for cancer research
Always add a cover letter
Your cover letter is your chance to start a conversation with your employer. Your resume proves you have the skills and qualifications for the job, but your cover letter invites a further discussion. Whenever possible, use a cover letter to succinctly explain why you’re the perfect fit for the role. You can also highlight your most compelling achievements from your resume–but limit yourself to two or three achievements. Finally, invite the employer to contact you by phone or email.
For more cover letter tips, head over to our guide: What A Good Cover Letter Looks Like
Having a great resume will help you land your next job as a Dialysis Technician. Use this example as a guide to what kind of skills and experience employers are looking for in this field.
Still have questions? Comment below or hire your own resume writer. Zipjob has over 100 professional resume writers with experience in all industries, ready to help you create your best resume. Click below to see our services: