Samples & How to Guide
Digital Marketing Specialist Resume Example & Guide
- Digital Marketing Specialist Resume Sample
- Free Downloadable Template
- Tips on how to write the perfect Digital Marketing Specialist resume
Zipjob is a member of:
A Digital Marketing Specialist specializes in digital marketing efforts, such as digital campaigns and social media campaigns. Below is a general job description:
The Digital Marketing Specialist’s role is to design, create, and deliver marketing programs to support expansion and growth of the company services and products. This role requires an in depth knowledge of TekSavvy products and market goals. Proficiency in graphics, web advertising, social media and web development is a must. Familiarity with a wide range of field practices, concepts, and procedures. Marketing specialists rely on judgment in planning and experience to accomplish identified goals.
You should never use a creative resume
Many job seekers think that an eye-catching resume template will help them stand out to hiring managers and increase their chances of landing an interview. This is a myth put out by resume builders that value design over content.
The truth is that most hiring managers prefer a traditional resume format.
Creative resume templates, like the one pictured here, can actually hurt your chances of landing an interview. Instead, you should use a basic resume format that quickly communicates your basic information and qualifications–like the one included below.
Digital Marketing Specialist Resume Example
How confident are you feeling about your resume? If you need more help, you can always refer to the following resume sample for a position.
Want to land 2-3x more interviews… guaranteed?
Digital Marketing Specialist Resume (Text Format)
City, State or Country if international
Phone | Email
Digital Marketing Specialist Professional
Accomplished Digital Marketing Specialist highly regarded for developing award-winning, record-breaking Marketing Campaigns within the beauty/fashion industry exponentially increasing revenues and brand awareness. Known for strengthening the sales and marketing sectors to lead in competitive markets. Delivers innovative online concepts and strategies. Effectively utilizes competitive analysis, market research and statistical surveys to assess business plans and provide solutions to foster growth and increased productivity. Experienced developing email campaigns, social media initiatives, online promotions and developing websites that have increased revenues by over 150%.
- Market Planning
- Social Media Marketing
- Relationship Building
- Event Planning
- Sales/ROI Forecasting
- Develop innovative, engaging graphic design templates for departments, reaching XXX employees. Create promotions that increased revenues xx%, awareness xx% and followers xx%.
- Flawlessly manage the marketing, advertising, budget, communication with venue representatives, set-up, visuals, decorations and volunteers for events.
- Chosen to lead the Beauty Palooza, All Stars and C.A.M.P. advertising, event coordination, sales coordination, support, trade show planning, manufacturer communication, photography, marketing ideas and campaigns.
- Ran The Institute of Salon Business a 4-day salon business program including all marketing, branding and advertising resulting in a n event with XXX more attendees than budgeted.
- Collaborate with the Website team to relay marketing plans, ensuring targets are exceeded.
- Manage the planning of numerous high-profile XXX events including
- Event 1, Budget, result or attendees, etc.
- Event 2, Budget, Result
- Event 3, Budget, Result
- Increase revenues xx% by executing manufacturer and special promotions to increase awareness in competitive markets.
- Coordinate and edit a bi-monthly magazine increasing readers xx%, reaching XXX
- Manage and create e-blasts, digital media, and social media:
- Increased followers on Facebook XX%, Twitter xx%, Instagram xx%, and XXX XX%.
- Increased organic traffic xx%.
- Achieved an open e-mail rate of xx% and improved clickthrough from xx% to xx%.
- Created digital campaigns that increased awareness xxx%.
- Play a key part in increasing YOY revenues xx% by supporting a sales team of XX.
- Interview, hire, train and mentor XXX marketing interns, increasing departmental productivity xx%.
- Optimize print material with using Konica Bizhub Press C1070.
Complete School Name, City, St/Country: List Graduation Years If Within the Last Ten Years
Complete Degree Name (Candidate) – Major (GPA: List if over 3.3)
- Relevant Coursework: List coursework taken (even include those you are planning on taking)
- Awards/Honors: List any awards, honors or big achievements
- Clubs/Activities: List clubs and activities in which you participated
- Relevant Projects: List 2-3 projects you have worked on
Everything You Need To Write Your Digital Marketing Specialist Resume
Now that you’ve seen an example of a job winning Digital Marketing Specialist resume, here are some tips to help you write your own. You should always begin with a summary section. Remember to use basic formatting with clear section headings and a traditional layout. Finally, be sure to include top skills throughout your resume. We’ve included several examples common for Digital Marketing Specialist below.
Let’s start with your resume summary section.
Summary for a Digital Marketing Specialist Resume
The resume summary replaces the out-of-date resume objective. A summary outlines the most impressive parts of your resume for easy recall by your potential employer, while also serving to fill in personal qualities that may not appear elsewhere on the page. Remember that summaries are short and consist of pithy sentence fragments! You can check out the Digital Marketing Specialist resume example for more information!
Always start with your most recent positions at the top of your resume. This is called reverse-chronological format, and keeps your most relevant information easy for hiring managers to review.
Formatting a Digital Marketing Specialist Resume
Our experts recommend you start your resume with a resume summary, like the one above. Other common sections are Work Experience, Education, and either Skills or Core Competencies. Here are some guides from our blog to help you write these sections:
- How To Write Your Resume’s Work Experience Section
- How To Write Your Resume’s Education Section
- Good Skills To Put On Your Resume
Other sections for you to consider including are foreign language skills, awards and honors, certifications, and speaking engagements. These could all be relevant sections for your resume.
Digital Marketing Specialist Skills for a Resume
Your resume should include all your skills that are relevant to your target job. Skills include both hard skills and soft skills. Hard skills are the technical know-how you need to complete a job, such as data analysis or HTML. You can include hard skills in your core competencies section.
Soft skills are harder to quantify, so they require more information to explain your aptitude. Some top soft skill examples include communication, problem solving, and emotional intelligence. Use several examples of how you use your key soft skills throughout your work history, profile summary, and resume title.
Writing Your Digital Marketing Specialist Experience Section
Your Work Experience section should make up the bulk of your digital marketing specialist resume. This section should include your relevant job titles, companies that employed you, and the dates you were employed.
Most people will finish this section by listing daily duties in short bullet points. Don’t be one of them!
To make your resume stand out, you need to add your accomplishments and key skills to your resume’s Work Experience section.
Here are three tips from our experts:
- Use the STAR method to describe a situation, task, action, and result. This is adapted from a behavioral interview technique, so interviewers will recognize the format. it’s also a great chance for you to organize your key accomplishments.
- Don’t forget about LinkedIn! The majority of employers are going to look you up on LinkedIn, so it’s smart to make sure your LInkedIn profile is up to date and include your URL in your resume’s contact section.
- Always include a cover letter. Not everyone will bother, so it helps you look like a serious job applicant. It’s also your chance to introduce yourself: who you are, why you’re applying for this job, and how you want to proceed.
And let’s wrap it all up!
We wish you the best of luck for your job hunt, and don’t forget to check out our Cover Letter Tips!
Didn’t get the specific answers you wanted from this page? Please leave a comment with your question or visit Zipjob on Facebook, Twitter, or LinkedIn to ask. And if you really liked the sample, don’t forget to pin it on Pinterest!
Your download has started!
Professional Resume Services
Land 2x More Interviews…Guaranteed!