Samples & How to Guide
Director Resume Example & Guide
- Director Resume Sample
- Free Downloadable Template
- Tips on how to write the perfect Director resume
Zipjob is a member of:
A Director manages parts of a business. A director of marketing, for example, directs marketing efforts from analysis and forecasting to campaigns, while ensuring teams meet goals. Below is a general job description:
Marketing directors are responsible for managing and directing marketing tasks on behalf of their organization. They oversee their organization’s marketing professionals and specify the scope of its marketing requirements and needs. Their main duties include creating projects, concepts and budgets for successful marketing campaigns, as well as helping resolve team issues and maintaining communication with clients, vendors and other managers within their company.
You should never use a creative resume
Many job seekers think that an eye-catching resume template will help them stand out to hiring managers and increase their chances of landing an interview. This is a myth put out by resume builders that value design over content.
The truth is that most hiring managers prefer a traditional resume format.
Creative resume templates, like the one pictured here, can actually hurt your chances of landing an interview. Instead, you should use a basic resume format that quickly communicates your basic information and qualifications–like the one included below.
Director Resume Example
How confident are you feeling about your resume? If you need more help, you can always refer to the following resume sample for a position.
Want to land 2-3x more interviews… guaranteed?
Director Resume (Text Format)
City, State or Country if international
Phone | Email
Accomplished Director highly regarded for developing award-winning, record-breaking Marketing Campaigns within the beauty/fashion industry exponentially increasing revenues and brand awareness. Known for strengthening the sales and marketing sectors to lead in competitive markets. Delivers innovative online concepts and strategies. Effectively utilizes competitive analysis, market research and statistical surveys to assess business plans and provide solutions to foster growth and increased productivity. Experienced developing email campaigns, social media initiatives, online promotions and developing websites that have increased revenues by over 150%.
- Market Planning
- Business Development
- Social Media Marketing
- Market Analysis
- Keyword Research
- Develop innovative, engaging graphic design templates for departments, reaching XXX employees. Create promotions that increased revenues xx%, awareness xx% and followers xx%.
- Flawlessly manage the marketing, advertising, budget, communication with venue representatives, set-up, visuals, decorations and volunteers for events.
- Chosen to lead the Beauty Palooza, All Stars and C.A.M.P. advertising, event coordination, sales coordination, support, trade show planning, manufacturer communication, photography, marketing ideas and campaigns.
- Ran The Institute of Salon Business a 4-day salon business program including all marketing, branding and advertising resulting in a n event with XXX more attendees than budgeted.
- Collaborate with the Website team to relay marketing plans, ensuring targets are exceeded.
- Manage the planning of numerous high-profile XXX events including
- Event 1, Budget, result or attendees, etc.
- Event 2, Budget, Result
- Event 3, Budget, Result
- Increase revenues xx% by executing manufacturer and special promotions to increase awareness in competitive markets.
- Coordinate and edit a bi-monthly magazine increasing readers xx%, reaching XXX
- Manage and create e-blasts, digital media, and social media:
- Increased followers on Facebook XX%, Twitter xx%, Instagram xx%, and XXX XX%.
- Increased organic traffic xx%.
- Achieved an open e-mail rate of xx% and improved clickthrough from xx% to xx%.
- Created digital campaigns that increased awareness xxx%.
- Play a key part in increasing YOY revenues xx% by supporting a sales team of XX.
- Interview, hire, train and mentor XXX marketing interns, increasing departmental productivity xx%.
Complete School Name, City, St/Country: List Graduation Years If Within the Last Ten Years
Complete Degree Name (Candidate) – Major (GPA: List if over 3.3)
- Relevant Coursework: List coursework taken (even include those you are planning on taking)
- Awards/Honors: List any awards, honors or big achievements
- Clubs/Activities: List clubs and activities in which you participated
- Relevant Projects: List 2-3 projects you have worked on
Everything You Need To Write Your Director Resume
Now that you’ve seen an example of a job winning Director resume, here are some tips to help you write your own. You should always begin with a summary section. Remember to use basic formatting with clear section headings and a traditional layout. Finally, be sure to include top skills throughout your resume. We’ve included several examples common for Director below.
Let’s start with your resume summary section.
Summary for a Director Resume
The resume summary replaces the out-of-date resume objective. A summary outlines the most impressive parts of your resume for easy recall by your potential employer, while also serving to fill in personal qualities that may not appear elsewhere on the page. Remember that summaries are short and consist of pithy sentence fragments! You can check out the Director resume example for more information!
Effective leadership and executive resumes use soft skills to showcase leadership skills. Your resume should include specific examples of motivating, empowering, or training people to accomplish a result.
Formatting a Director Resume
Our experts recommend you start your resume with a resume summary, like the one above. Other common sections are Work Experience, Education, and either Skills or Core Competencies. Here are some guides from our blog to help you write these sections:
- How To Write Your Resume’s Work Experience Section
- How To Write Your Resume’s Education Section
- Good Skills To Put On Your Resume
Other sections for you to consider including are foreign language skills, awards and honors, certifications, and speaking engagements. These could all be relevant sections for your resume.
Director Skills for a Resume
Your resume should include all your skills that are relevant to your target job. Skills include both hard skills and soft skills. Hard skills are the technical know-how you need to complete a job, such as data analysis or HTML. Soft skills are harder to quantify. Some examples include communication, problem solving, and emotional intelligence.
You can include hard skills in your core competencies section. However, soft skills require more information to help employers gauge your aptitude. Use several examples of how you use your key soft skills throughout your work history, profile summary, and resume title. Read on for more tips about adding your skills to your work experience!
Writing Your Director Experience Section
Your Work Experience section should make up the bulk of your resume. This section should include your relevant job titles, companies that employed you, and the dates you were employed. Most people will finish this section by listing daily duties in short bullet points. Don’t be one of them!
To help your resume stand out, you need to add your accomplishments and key skills to your resume’s Work Experience. Here are three tips:
- Use the STAR method to describe a situation, task, action, and result. This is a common behavioral interview question, so it’s an impressive way to answer interview questions preemptively.
- Limit yourself to between four and six bullet points for each position. This will help you include only the most relevant information!
- Make small edits to your resume every time you apply for a job. In the resume writing world, this is called tailoring your resume. Make sure your skills and experience are the answer to every job description.
And let’s wrap it all up!
We wish you the best of luck for your job hunt, and don’t forget to check out our Cover Letter Tips!
Didn’t get the specific answers you wanted from this page? Please leave a comment with your question or visit Zipjob on Facebook, Twitter, or LinkedIn to ask. And if you really liked the sample, don’t forget to pin it on Pinterest!
Your download has started!
Professional Resume Services
Land 2x More Interviews…Guaranteed!