Are you looking for a great entry-level accountant resume? If so, you’ve come to the right place. We’ve put together an excellent entry-level accountant resume, as well as some tips to help you write your own great resume.
Entry-Level Accountant Resume Example
Having trouble reading this resume? You can click on the image or check out the text version below!
💡ZipTip: view 200+ more professional resume samples for all industries, along with a guide to writing resumes from our experts.
Entry-Level Accountant Resume: 3 Tips for Writing Your Own
Resume examples are important, but your resume can be made even better when you have a better understanding of how to compose your own unique document. These tips can help:
1. Don’t be worried about your lack of experience
Remember that you’re applying for an entry-level position, and that means that your competition is probably going to be short on that experience too. Just focus on highlighting your other important attributes to present yourself as the best candidate for the job.
Since you don’t have experience, you will need to emphasize your skills and educational accomplishments. Spend some time drafting a list of your strengths, and try to imagine how they can help you to benefit the company if you get the job. Identify your areas of competence and any unique skill sets that you can bring to the job. If you can effectively convey those important strengths to your prospective employer, you can provide yourself with an important advantage over most of your rivals.
2. Pay attention to the details
It’s always important to ensure that your resume is free from errors, but an entry-level accountant resume should really shine in that regard. Accounting is an occupation that thrives on details and accuracy, so a perfectly-composed resume and cover letter could be your best chance to demonstrate your competence.
💡ZipTip: cover letters help your application stand out to a hiring manager. Here’s what a good cover letter looks like in 2021.
3. Organize your resume for maximum effect
Use relevant keywords to ensure that you can get past the automated scanners, and make sure that human eyes can easily locate those key details they want to see. Bullet points can be your best friend, so don’t be afraid to use them wherever appropriate.
If you’ve had prior experience outside of the accounting world, try to identify any skills that you utilized in those previous jobs or activities that could be relevant in your role as an accountant. For example, if you served as class treasurer in college, that could be an important thing to note in your resume. Just be sure to convey that information in a way that demonstrates possible benefits for your future employer.
You could also check out this post on landing an entry-level accounting job.
Entry Level Accountant Resume Sample (Text)
ACCOUNTING + FINANCIAL ANALYST + COMPLEX REPORTING
Accounting Resume Summary Example:
A highly motivated, bilingual Finance/Banking Professional with demonstrated experience in providing exceptional service preparing financial reports, playing a role in the success of industry leaders including Phillips Healthcare. Motivated graduate with exceptional academic and hands-on qualifications including my Bachelor of Business Administration in Accounting and the pursuit of my CPA PEP, combined with hands-on experience in the industry, both accounting and customer service. Excellent communicator and presenter who works well with individuals at all levels of a corporation.
- Accounts Payable
- Accounts Receivable
- Account Reconciliation
- Cash Flow Projections
- Micro/Macro Economics
- Process Improvement
- Financial Statements
- Customer Service
Lazaridis School of Business & Economics,
Wilfrid Laurier University, Waterloo, ON: Expected: 20xx
Bachelor of business Administration – Accounting (Honors)
- Relevant Coursework: Principles of Accounting, Accounting Information System, Cost Accounting, Federal Income Tax, Financial Accounting, Auditing, Cost Auditing
Personal Education Program – CPA
Philips Healthcare – Shanghai, China – 2014
Finance and Accounting Intern
- Prepared detailed financial reports including KPI (Key Performance Index), sales and T&E for leadership.
- Utilized accounting systems, Excel and Access to complete key projects.
- Collaborated within a team to maintain an accurate headcount and sales database utilizing Access.
- Collected vital data from different departments to ensure the accuracy of financial reports.
- Praised by leadership for learning complex and new items fast and delivering assigned tasks on time while exceeding expectations.
Integrated Case Exercise Competition: 2015
- Worked as a team leader to contribute in motivating other members to exceed goals and deliver on time.
- Commended for an excellent group presentation and accomplished standing in the semi-final.
Management Accounting Marker: 2015
- Marked second year management accounting course as directed by professors.
- Demonstrated responsibilities and strong attention to details.
New Venture Project: 2012
- Be aware of the general ideas in business operation and organization behavior.
- Studied professional presentation skills and worked efficiently with team members.
Laurier Diversity and Equity Office, Waterloo, ON – 2014 – 2015
International Student Liaison
- Successfully completed a complex research project in regard to the international education system.
- Formed and led an advisory group with students from different countries to design and launch a survey among all international students.
- Communicated with several departments to collect useful information.
- Played a key role in campaigns on campus to promote Diversity and Equity Office.
TECHNICAL SKILLS: Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook); SAP
LANGUAGES: English (Fluent), Chinese Mandarin (Fluent), Korean (Fluent)
Keep your entry-level accountant resume accomplishment-focused and ATS-optimized. If you need additional help, check out our list of the Best Resume Writing Services for professional help in all industries (including finance).
Good luck with your job search!