Samples & How to Guide
Events Coordinator Resume Example & Guide
- Events Coordinator Resume Sample
- Free Downloadable Template
- Tips on how to write the perfect Events Coordinator resume
Zipjob is a member of:
An Events Coordinator arranges and puts on events for marketing purposes. A general job description is below:
Event coordinators oversee every aspect of an event. The events can range from parties to meetings, and they can be for businesses or for personal occasions. The most common events that an event coordinator plans are weddings, business conferences, birthdays, charity events, trade shows, meetings, and anniversaries.
You should never use a creative resume
Many job seekers think that an eye-catching resume template will help them stand out to hiring managers and increase their chances of landing an interview. This is a myth put out by resume builders that value design over content.
The truth is that most hiring managers prefer a traditional resume format.
Creative resume templates, like the one pictured here, can actually hurt your chances of landing an interview. Instead, you should use a basic resume format that quickly communicates your basic information and qualifications–like the one included below.
Events Coordinator Resume Example
How confident are you feeling about your resume? If you need more help, you can always refer to the following resume sample for a position.
Want to land 2-3x more interviews… guaranteed?
Events Coordinator Resume (Text Format)
City, State or Country if international
Phone | Email
Events Coordinator Professional
Dynamic Events Coordinator with experience coordinating all aspects of projects in competitive, faced-paced environments. Recognized as a leader with strengths in project management, administration and business development. Excellent communication skills proven by the ability to successfully manage large events and work with people from very diverse backgrounds. Recognized as the Top Event Planner due to my ability to exceed expectations, increase revenues and manage complex logistical, budgeting and marketing plans for key clients. Achieved a record growth and revenue increase by my unique ability to provide additional services and ensure client retention and referrals
- Market Planning
- Crisis Management
- Project Management
- Event Management
- Community Relations
- Brand Management
- Quality Assurance
- Successfully managed the events/training of over 500 clients and secured win-win partnerships with brand name companies which increased team revenue by 25%.
- Directed all logistical operations for events: Expertise in planning and managing food/beverages, room set-ups, audio/visuals, entertainment and staff management
- Achieved over 100% increase in revenues by upselling clients: assisted in the company achieving record-breaking growth
- Worked with outside vendors to ensure client needs are exceeded
- Recognized as the top Event Planner in the Company by the CEO and President
- Managed all staff to ensure all workers are communicating and providing excellent customer service
- Managed $xxxK budgets for events and always delivered on time and under budget.
- Increased client retention and referrals by over xx% annually by ensuring only top service.
- Provided full-life cycle project management: took event from conception to completion.
- Provided crisis management during events and foreshadowed potential problems to eliminate before the event.
- Increased revenues, clients and overall brand recognition by developing and delivering effective and comprehensive marketing and public relations strategies.
- Developed and grew lasting relationships with key clients and donors which contributed to the success of numerous high profile events.
- Responsible for logistical, data collection, reporting and analysis of events/fundraising/donors to ensure we were on target.
- Managed a team and together we significantly increased donors and the success of high quality events.
Complete School Name, City, St/Country: List Graduation Years If Within the Last Ten Years
Complete Degree Name (Candidate) – Major (GPA: List if over 3.3)
- Relevant Coursework: List coursework taken (even include those you are planning on taking)
- Awards/Honors: List any awards, honors or big achievements
- Clubs/Activities: List clubs and activities in which you participated
- Relevant Projects: List 2-3 projects you have worked on
Everything You Need To Write Your Events Coordinator Resume
Now that you’ve seen an example of a job winning Events Coordinator resume, here are some tips to help you write your own. You should always begin with a summary section. Remember to use basic formatting with clear section headings and a traditional layout. Finally, be sure to include top skills throughout your resume. We’ve included several examples common for Events Coordinator below.
Let’s start with your resume summary section.
Summary for an Events Coordinator Resume
The resume summary replaces the out-of-date resume objective. A summary outlines the most impressive parts of your resume for easy recall by your potential employer, while also serving to fill in personal qualities that may not appear elsewhere on the page. Remember that summaries are short and consist of pithy sentence fragments! You can check out the Events Coordinator resume example for more information!
Color is one of the things that can help differentiate your resume. It can highlight your most important information, like your name and job titles, and add some personality to your job application. Just be sure not to go overboard!
Formatting an Events Coordinator Resume
Our experts recommend you start your resume with a resume summary, like the one above. Other common sections are Work Experience, Education, and either Skills or Core Competencies. Here are some guides from our blog to help you write these sections:
- How To Write Your Resume’s Work Experience Section
- How To Write Your Resume’s Education Section
- Good Skills To Put On Your Resume
Other sections for you to consider including are foreign language skills, awards and honors, certifications, and speaking engagements. These could all be relevant sections for your resume.
Events Coordinator Skills for a Resume
Your resume should include all your skills that are relevant to your target job. Skills include both hard skills and soft skills. Hard skills are the technical know-how you need to complete a job, such as data analysis or HTML. You can include hard skills in your core competencies section.
Soft skills are harder to quantify, so they require more information to explain your aptitude. Some top soft skill examples include communication, problem solving, and emotional intelligence. Use several examples of how you use your key soft skills throughout your work history, profile summary, and resume title.
Writing Your Events Coordinator Experience Section
Your Work Experience section should make up the bulk of your resume. This section should include your relevant job titles, companies that employed you, and the dates you were employed.
Most people will finish this section by listing daily duties in short bullet points. Don’t be one of them!
To make your resume stand out, you need to add your accomplishments and key skills to your resume’s Work Experience section.
Here are three tips from our experts:
- Use the STAR method to describe a situation, task, action, and result. This is adapted from a behavioral interview technique, so interviewers will recognize the format. it’s also a great chance for you to organize your key accomplishments.
- Don’t forget about LinkedIn! The majority of employers are going to look you up on LinkedIn, so it’s smart to make sure your LInkedIn profile is up to date and include your URL in your resume’s contact section.
- Always include a cover letter. Not everyone will bother, so it helps you look like a serious job applicant. It’s also your chance to introduce yourself: who you are, why you’re applying for this job, and how you want to proceed.
And let’s wrap it all up!
We wish you the best of luck for your job hunt, and don’t forget to check out our Cover Letter Tips!
Didn’t get the specific answers you wanted from this page? Please leave a comment with your question or visit Zipjob on Facebook, Twitter, or LinkedIn to ask. And if you really liked the sample, don’t forget to pin it on Pinterest!
Your download has started!
Professional Resume Services
Land 2x More Interviews…Guaranteed!