A Freelance Photographer serves as a photographer on a contract basis. Below is a general job description:
Freelance photographers usually find that the job has two sides, a creative side that involves the photography of subjects and a business side. Most photographers find the creative elements of the job to be rewarding enough to be willing to endure the vagaries and hassles of the business side. Most photographers will specialize somewhat in the subject matter they shoot. This specialty is usually based upon the aptitude and interest of the photographer. For instance, some photographers will work in nature and landscapes.Payscale
If this is the kind of job you want or you have, you’re in the right place! We have a resume example for you and three tips from our professional resume writers below.
Freelance Photographer Resume Example
Freelance Photographer Resume (text version)
email | www.linkedin.com/in/ | phone number
A highly creative and multitalented, Photographer with extensive experience creating unique and innovative portraits resulting in a growing business and an award-winning portfolio. Exceptional collaborative and interpersonal skills, with the ability to examine and understand client needs and deliver innovative projects that exceed all original expectations. Passionate creator of unique masterpieces which beautifully capture each moment and occasion. Accustomed to performing in deadline-driven, fast paced environments while pushing creative limits to deliver projects that surpass all anticipations.
- Customer Service
- Computer Applications
- Commercial Art
Freelance Photographer | ZipJob | New York City, NY
Year – Present
- Worked with 35mm and medium formats, color and black and white.
- Inspected proofs and identify prints which need retouching or reprinting.
- Adjusted, modified and reworked photos using digital and computer manipulation applications.
- Manage the front end of the store ensuring adequate inventory, pricing and retail displays.
- Effectively built, motivated and directed design and production teams.
- Expertly converted features to benefits to achieve client objectives.
- Managed all operational, strategic, financial, staffing and project functions.
Photographer | ZipJob | New York City, NY
Year – Present
- Photographed events to be used in marketing campaigns, including (list top three events here) with more than XX attendees.
- Provided photographic recommendations for large group photos (XXXX+) based on event, tone and expectations of the group.
- Trained and supervised employees, providing them with the tools and resources to bring out the best in their subjects to create memorable photographs.
- Promoted positive customer relationships by focusing strong attention on meeting customer needs and ensuring their satisfaction.
- Operated and maintained photography equipment, continually updating equipment to align with client and industry trends.
Bachelor of Science | New York University
Certification | School
Portfolio: List Link Here
Technical Skills: List Technical Skills Here
Bonus: free resume template
ZipJob now offers a resume template you can download. The template is set up with an easy to read layout like the example above: clear section headings, modern font, and follows a reverse-chronological resume format (preferred by both hiring managers and ATS scans).
How to write a Freelance Photographer resume: 3 tips
Group your short term projects together
If your work experience includes several short term projects–as many freelance and contract workers do–our experts recommend you group the related projects under one job title. This reduces the impression of job hopping, especially when your work experience is related.
For the job title, it’s best to keep it brief and descriptive. “Photographer,” “Freelance Photographer,” or “Portrait and Landscape Photographer” would all work well for this resume, depending on your career target.
Always add a cover letter
Your cover letter is your chance to start a conversation with your employer. Your resume proves you have the skills and qualifications for the job, but your cover letter invites a further discussion. Whenever possible, use a cover letter to succinctly explain why you’re the perfect fit for the role. You can also highlight your most compelling achievements from your resume–but limit yourself to two or three achievements. Finally, invite the employer to contact you by phone or email.
For more cover letter tips, head over to our guide: What A Good Cover Letter Looks Like
Link to your online portfolio
For creative professionals like photographers and writers, our career experts recommend including a link to your online profile. You can highlight your strongest work samples easily and proactively!
Your portfolio link can either be placed at the top of your resume with your contact information, or at the end of your related work experience.
Freelance photographer, June 2018 to present
Selected work: www.InsertLinkHere.com
Having a great resume will help you land your next job as a Freelance Photographer. Use this example as a guide to what kind of skills and experience employers are looking for in this field.
Still have questions? Comment below or hire your own resume writer. Zipjob has over 100 professional resume writers with experience in all industries, ready to help you create your best resume. Click below to see our services: