A High School Math Teacher teaches math topics to students in high school. Below is a general job description for a High School Teacher:
High school teachers, also called secondary school teachers, provide instruction to students in one or more areas of study within a public or private high school. They may also supervise extracurricular activities, proctor state testing exams, assist with college preparation (such as by writing letters of recommendation), organize field trips, and supervise study hall and/or detention, among other duties. High school teachers prepare lessons to deliver to students, as well as present the lessons in a way that students can easily understand.Payscale
If this is the kind of job you want or you have, you’re in the right place! We have a resume example for you and three tips from our professional resume writers below.
High School Math Teacher Resume Example
💡ZipTip: view 200+ more professional resume samples for all industries, along with a guide to writing resumes from our experts.
Spanish Teacher Resume (text version)
email | www.linkedin.com/in/ | phone number
High School Math Teacher
Creative, organized, High School Math Teacher highly regarded for extensive experience in classroom administration, professional development, and project planning. Student-centric instructor, academic facilitator, and motivational coach who champions student achievements while promoting a safe and positive learning environment. Creates engaging lesson plans and integrates educational technology to drive retention, comprehension, and participation. Accomplished in building trust and meaningful relationships between students, parents, and administrators. Thrives in fast-paced, diverse, and collaborative environments.
- Relationship Building
- Performance Metrics
- Student Motivation
- Web-Based Learning
- Program Evaluation
ZipJob, New York City, NY Year – Present
High School Math Teacher
- Planned and implemented a detailed mathematics program that was aligned with the school’s philosophy, goals and objectives.
- Assessed students’ strengths and weaknesses regularly to provide the appropriate methods to address their learning needs.
- Kept abreast of technological advances in the mathematical field by reading current periodicals, conferring with colleagues and participating in professional conferences.
- Taught [Skill] and [Skill] principles to students using real-world, application-based examples to maximize learning opportunities.
- Prepared and delivered lessons for over [Number] high school students on topics related to linear algebra, differential equations and discrete mathematics.
- Developed activities and integrated technology to diversify instruction.
- Documented student attendance and progress against goals.
- Collaborated with teachers and administrators to discuss the academic needs of students including [Type], [Type] and [Type].
ZipJob, New York City, NY Year – Year
Assistant High School Math Teacher
- Met with parents to resolve conflicting educational priorities and issues.
- Organized grade records to increase reference speed.
- Collaborated with teachers and administrators to develop and evaluate school programs including [Type] and [Type] by sharing student success data and insights.
- Assessed students for special needs such as [Type] and [Type] and referred them to the appropriate services.
- Facilitated group sessions and provided one-on-one support.
- Planned and executed activities to promote [Skill], [Skill] and [Skill] development.
- Observed individual behaviors and suspect actions, and reported issues to supervisory staff.
- Advised students on crucial academic decisions such as [Type] and [Type] by discussing and identifying their interests and strengths.
Bachelor of Education | New York University, NY
Bonus: free resume template
ZipJob now offers a resume template you can download. The template is set up with an easy to read layout like the example above: clear section headings, modern font, and follows a reverse-chronological resume format (preferred by both hiring managers and ATS scans).
How to write a High School Math Teacher resume: 3 tips
Have a clear career target
As you could see from the job description, there are many kinds of professionals in this field. When updating your own resume, you’ll want to make sure your experience is as relevant as possible. The best way to do this is to have a clear career target. Then, write your resume with that goal in mind.
ZipTip: Give every line a second look and think “would an employer care about this experience?” If the answer is no, take it off your resume!
Always add a cover letter
Your cover letter is your chance to start a conversation with your employer. Your resume proves you have the skills and qualifications for the job, but your cover letter invites a further discussion. Whenever possible, use a cover letter to succinctly explain why you’re the perfect fit for the role. You can also highlight your most compelling achievements from your resume–but limit yourself to two or three achievements. Finally, invite the employer to contact you by phone or email.
For more cover letter tips, head over to our guide: What A Good Cover Letter Looks Like
Maximize your core competencies
Your core competencies, or key skills, are a powerful way to show an ATS scan that you’re a great applicant. This section should change slightly for almost every job you apply for. You want to keep it highly tailored to the job description. For example, if one of your core competencies is customer service but the job description is looking for client communication skills, swap out “customer service” for “client communication.”
To identify the best skills to highlight here, this list of 10 vital skills to put on your resume is a good starting point.
Having a great resume will help you land your next job as a High School Math Teacher. Use this example as a guide to what kind of skills and experience employers are looking for in this field.
Still have questions? Comment below or hire your own resume writer. Zipjob has over 100 professional resume writers with experience in all industries, ready to help you create your best resume. Click below to see our services: