An HR Assistant helps out in the human resources office. Below is a general job description:
Human resources (HR) assistants are responsible for facilitating HR processes, communicating with employees, and representing their company in all staff matters. These professionals are in charge of completing administrative paperwork, regarding new hires, termination, benefits, and other workplace programs.Payscale
If this is the kind of job you want or you have, you’re in the right place! We have a resume example for you and three tips from our professional resume writers below.
HR Assistant Resume Example
💡ZipTip: view 200+ more professional resume samples for all industries, along with a guide to writing resumes from our experts.
HR Assistant Resume (text version)
email | www.linkedin.com/in/ | phone number
Change Management | Relationship Building
Accomplished, goal-oriented, tech-savvy HR Assistant highly regarded for creating centralized programs and systems that improve overall organizational performance. Proven track record of effectively managing large-scale projects and overseeing the entire implementation cycle. Known for developing and implementing innovative policies and procedures that enhance efficiency and efficacy across operations. Out-of-the-box thinker recognized for training and developing staff, optimizing their skills to consistently surpass all individual and team performance goals.
- Human Resources
- Program Management
- Benefits Administration
- Strategic Planning
- Project Management
- Business Development
- Talent Management
HR Generalist | ZipJob | New York City, NY
Year – Present
- Handled complex problems and worked with customers to ensure all discrepancies are resolved quickly.
- Listened to the client/customer and analyzed the problem to offer a prompt resolution. This sustained client/customer loyalty and business.
- Maintained detailed records of billing through reconciliation processes.
- Ensured the office was always working at top productivity – managed all mailing and shipping needs, office supplies, filing, and scanning, while guaranteeing top-level customer service at all times.
- Collaborated with peers on complex administrative projects to exceed all expectations and deliver projects on time.
- Maintained calendar for coordinating schedules, arranging consultations and scheduling appointments.
- Captured and entered confidential information into specific files and forms from recorded material.
- Functioned as bookkeeper, posting all expenses, handled bank deposits, and reconciled all quarterly reports.
- Recognized as a leader with strengths in project management, administration, marketing and business development.
Bachelor of Science in Human Resources| New York University
Certification | School
Certification | School
Certification | School
Bonus: free resume template
ZipJob now offers a resume template you can download. The template is set up with an easy to read layout like the example above: clear section headings, modern font, and follows a reverse-chronological resume format (preferred by both hiring managers and ATS scans).
How to write a HR Assistant resume: 3 tips
Use reverse-chronological format for your work experience
There are three resume formats common in the US and Canada today, but your work experience should always be listed reverse-chronologically. This means you should start with your most recent job at the top of your work experience section. Follow with your previous job under that, and so on.
This way, you’re keeping your most recent experience at the top of your resume. That is where it is most likely to be noticed by hiring managers.
Soft skills help leaders stand out
When applying for a leadership position, be sure to include examples of your soft skills throughout your resume. Your resume should include specific examples of how you have motivated, encouraged, supported, and taught people to accomplish a result.
Here are some examples:
- Hired and trained team of 10 sales reps; by focusing on more empathic communication, sales increased 64% in 2018
- Supported newly remote team of 4 software engineers by providing resources, support, and tools needed to accomplish their goals
- Organized and motivated a team of 16 volunteers for a two-day fundraising event that earned 4k+ for cancer research
Use soft skills throughout your resume
Strong job applicants should have a mix of hard skills and soft skills. Soft skills include collaboration, communication, emotional intelligence, and creativity. Instead of listing these within a skills section, you should use examples of how you have used soft skills in your work history. For example:
- Collaborated with sales and product development teams to design, implement, and oversee new marketing campaign
- Solved ongoing problem with tracking shipments by implementing an Excel sheet system that automatically updated when shipments left the warehouse
- Communicated effectively with internal and external stakeholders throughout 6 month project, providing weekly email updates and a wrap up presentation with key points, results, and future plans
Having a great resume will help you land your next job as an HR Assistant. Use this example as a guide to what kind of skills and experience employers are looking for in this field.
Still have questions? Comment below or hire your own resume writer. Zipjob has over 100 professional resume writers with experience in all industries, ready to help you create your best resume. Click below to see our services: