An IT Consultant advises clients on projects and operations related to information technology. Below is a general job description:
Information technology (IT) consultants work for various organizations. Their job is to advise clients on how to use information technology, in order to meet their business objectives effectively and efficiently. They must be able to build and improve their clients’ IT structure. They must be able to analyze and solve various IT problems. They must be familiar with desktop and server issues. They install and troubleshoot clients’ IT hardware and software.Payscale
If this is the kind of job you want or you have, you’re in the right place! We have a resume example for you and three tips from our professional resume writers below.
IT Consultant Resume Example
💡ZipTip: view 200+ more professional resume samples for all industries, along with a guide to writing resumes from our experts.
IT Consultant Resume (text version)
email | www.linkedin.com/in/ | phone number
Senior solutions-oriented IT Consultant with experience managing complex IT environments and developing successful technical solutions for industry leaders. High expertise in directing risk management initiatives while establishing, implementing and enhancing key information security objectives. Proven ability to design and regulate critical security programs with in-depth operational supervision of incidents and emergency disaster recovery. Known for cross-functionally collaborating with diverse teams and communicating with stakeholders at all levels of a corporation. Detail-oriented self-starter with excellent oral and written communication, analytical, organizational and time management skills
IT Consultant | ZipJob | New York City, NY Year – Present
- Provided comprehensive on-going leadership and support for a variety of information security-related projects including sole leadership and strategic direction for information risk management while reporting directly to the COO
- Actively participated in various boards and committees to contribute to smooth business operations and growt
- Developed and implemented crucial security concepts while also conducting regular reviews and maintenance of security and business continuity documentation
- Established and integrated numerous security-related policies and guidelines including periodic controls and compliance
- Created and launched the IT Security awareness program and in-house interactive workshops for 85% of employees and managers in Switzerland along with French and German workshops, increasing IT Security by e-learning
- Reduced IS capital expenditure and operating expenditure costs by 20% through consolidation and re-negotiation of key contracts
- Led a variety of IS programs through in-house and partner staff within defined budget/timelines resulting in significant business improvements
Bachelor of Arts | Mount Saint Mary College
Activities and Clubs:
Awards and Honors:
Certifications: List all relevant certifications here
Bonus: free resume template
ZipJob now offers a resume template you can download. The template is set up with an easy to read layout like the example above: clear section headings, modern font, and follows a reverse-chronological resume format (preferred by both hiring managers and ATS scans).
How to write an IT Consultant resume: 3 tips
Only include 10 to 15 years of experience
You should keep your resume’s work experience limited to the last 10 or 15 years. There are two reasons for this:
- It keeps your resume focused on your most recent experience
- It keeps your resume focused on your most relevant experience
In most cases, the jobs you held more than 15 years ago will not help you land a job. Either you have done similar tasks more recently, in which case you don’t need to repeat yourself. On the other hand, you may have changed careers since then, making your previous experience confusing and irrelevant.
For more about relevant work experience, head over to this article next: What Does Relevant Work Experience Mean On A Resume?
Maximize your core competencies
Your core competencies, or key skills, are a powerful way to show an ATS scan that you’re a great applicant. This section should change slightly for almost every job you apply for. You want to keep it highly tailored to the job description. For example, if one of your core competencies is customer service but the job description is looking for client communication skills, swap out “customer service” for “client communication.”
To identify the best skills to highlight here, this list of 10 vital skills to put on your resume is a good starting point.
Add a technical skills section
Many people in this field have several technical skills that don’t always fit in a core competencies section, such as software, coding languages, or digital tools. Instead of leaving out your hard-earned skill set, you should add a separate technical skills section for the skills.
Having a great resume will help you land your next job as an IT Consultant. Use this example as a guide to what kind of skills and experience employers are looking for in this field.
Still have questions? Comment below or hire your own resume writer. Zipjob has over 100 professional resume writers with experience in all industries, ready to help you create your best resume. Click below to see our services: