Samples & How to Guide
Leasing Manager Resume Example & Guide
- Leasing Manager Resume Sample
- Free Downloadable Template
- Tips on how to write the perfect Leasing Manager resume
Zipjob is a member of:
A Leasing Manager oversees the leasing function for properties. Below is a general job description:
Real estate companies that manage properties use a leasing manager/property to handle a wide variety of necessary tasks. For residential leasing, the manager is normally assigned to either apartment complexes or a series of leased individual homes. For commercial leasing, the property manager oversees entities such as strip malls and shopping centers for the landlord or real estate deed holder.
You should never use a creative resume
Many job seekers think that an eye-catching resume template will help them stand out to hiring managers and increase their chances of landing an interview. This is a myth put out by resume builders that value design over content.
The truth is that most hiring managers prefer a traditional resume format.
Creative resume templates, like the one pictured here, can actually hurt your chances of landing an interview. Instead, you should use a basic resume format that quickly communicates your basic information and qualifications–like the one included below.
Leasing Manager Resume Example
How confident are you feeling about your resume? If you need more help, you can always refer to the following resume sample for a position.
Want to land 2-3x more interviews… guaranteed?
Leasing Manager Resume (Text Format)
City, State or Country if international
Phone | Email
Leasing Manager Professional
Dynamic career success as a Leasing manager showcasing a proven track of increasing and maintaining a high level of occupancy. Extensive experience with ensuring budgets are accurately forecasted while managing a daily oversight of $1.8M RSF. Key part of CAM reconciliations and invoicing, monthly financials and ensuring my team is focused on providing top level customer service to tenants. Achieved success in building and maintaining relationships with clients, upper management, the community and residents resulting in record breaking revenue streams and occupancy levels. Well organized with a track record that demonstrates self-motivation, creativity and initiative to achieve both personal and corporate goals.
- Property Management
- Invoice Coding
- Customer Service
- Financial Reporting
- Compliance Laws
- Increased occupancy by developing trust with potential renters and streamlining the application process.
- Achieved a record level 90% occupancy, a 190% increase within three years.
- Worked with maintenance to improve customer service initiatives, improving time from ticket reporting to fixing the issue by 30%
- Developed relationships with community advocates to increase brand awareness.
- Promoted to position of increased authority and responsibility due to prior success in customer service, leasing, reporting and ensuring corporate objectives were exceeded
- Accurately prepare monthly financial reporting
- Responsible for CAM reconciliations and invoice coding
- Managed numerous projects and delivered on time and under budget, including accurate budget preparation and reforecasting – able to save the company over $xx by researching trends to ensure accurate reforcasting
- Managed the daily oversight of 1.8 million RSF
- Managed staff and created an environment focused don productivity, team work and customer service
- Provided exceptional customer service while responding to tenant needs promptly and ensured proper coordination with numerous areas (maintenance, legal, management, etc.) with appropriate parties to resolve problems
- Worked closely with numerous departments to accurately prepare lease documents (including abstracts and billings) to ensure top level customer service and high renewal percentages
- Managed monthly client reporting – list reports here
Complete School Name, City, St/Country: List Graduation Years If Within the Last Ten Years
Complete Degree Name (Candidate) – Major (GPA: List if over 3.3)
- Relevant Coursework: List coursework taken (even include those you are planning on taking)
- Awards/Honors: List any awards, honors or big achievements
- Clubs/Activities: List clubs and activities in which you participated
- Relevant Projects: List 2-3 projects you have worked on
Everything You Need To Write Your Leasing Manager Resume
Now that you’ve seen an example of a job winning Leasing Manager resume, here are some tips to help you write your own. You should always begin with a summary section. Remember to use basic formatting with clear section headings and a traditional layout. Finally, be sure to include top skills throughout your resume. We’ve included several examples common for Leasing Manager below.
Let’s start with your resume summary section.
Summary for a Leasing Manager Resume
The resume summary replaces the out-of-date resume objective. A summary outlines the most impressive parts of your resume for easy recall by your potential employer, while also serving to fill in personal qualities that may not appear elsewhere on the page. Remember that summaries are short and consist of pithy sentence fragments! You can check out the Leasing Manager resume example for more information!
Effective leadership and executive resumes use soft skills to showcase leadership skills. Your resume should include specific examples of motivating, empowering, or training people to accomplish a result.
Formatting a Leasing Manager Resume
Our experts recommend you start your resume with a resume summary, like the one above. Other common sections are Work Experience, Education, and either Skills or Core Competencies. Here are some guides from our blog to help you write these sections:
- How To Write Your Resume’s Work Experience Section
- How To Write Your Resume’s Education Section
- Good Skills To Put On Your Resume
Other sections for you to consider including are foreign language skills, awards and honors, certifications, and speaking engagements. These could all be relevant sections for your resume.
Leasing Manager Skills for a Resume
Your resume should include all your skills that are relevant to your target job. Skills include both hard skills and soft skills. Hard skills are the technical know-how you need to complete a job, such as data analysis or HTML. You can include hard skills in your core competencies section.
Soft skills are harder to quantify, so they require more information to explain your aptitude. Some top soft skill examples include communication, problem solving, and emotional intelligence. Use several examples of how you use your key soft skills throughout your work history, profile summary, and resume title.
Writing Your Leasing Manager Experience Section
Your Work Experience section should make up the bulk of your resume. This section should include your relevant job titles, companies that employed you, and the dates you were employed.
Most people will finish this section by listing daily duties in short bullet points. Don’t be one of them!
To make your resume stand out, you need to add your accomplishments and key skills to your resume’s Work Experience section.
Here are three tips from our experts:
- Use the STAR method to describe a situation, task, action, and result. This is adapted from a behavioral interview technique, so interviewers will recognize the format. it’s also a great chance for you to organize your key accomplishments.
- Don’t forget about LinkedIn! The majority of employers are going to look you up on LinkedIn, so it’s smart to make sure your LInkedIn profile is up to date and include your URL in your resume’s contact section.
- Always include a cover letter. Not everyone will bother, so it helps you look like a serious job applicant. It’s also your chance to introduce yourself: who you are, why you’re applying for this job, and how you want to proceed.
And let’s wrap it all up!
We wish you the best of luck for your job hunt, and don’t forget to check out our Cover Letter Tips!
Didn’t get the specific answers you wanted from this page? Please leave a comment with your question or visit Zipjob on Facebook, Twitter, or LinkedIn to ask. And if you really liked the sample, don’t forget to pin it on Pinterest!
Your download has started!
Professional Resume Services
Land 2x More Interviews…Guaranteed!