Samples & How to Guide
Marketing Associate Resume Example & Guide
- Marketing Associate Resume Sample
- Free Downloadable Template
- Tips on how to write the perfect Marketing Associate resume
Zipjob is a member of:
A Marketing Associate works in the marketing department. Below is a general job description:
Marketing associates generally work in entry-level positions within a marketing team. They can work in numerous industries, such as medical or entertainment fields, and they often work with a team of other marketing associates and are usually overseen by a company’s head of marketing. While some marketing associates do a lot of administrative duties, this job is not limited to just that. They might do research, edit marketing copy or follow industry trends.
You should never use a creative resume
Many job seekers think that an eye-catching resume template will help them stand out to hiring managers and increase their chances of landing an interview. This is a myth put out by resume builders that value design over content.
The truth is that most hiring managers prefer a traditional resume format.
Creative resume templates, like the one pictured here, can actually hurt your chances of landing an interview. Instead, you should use a basic resume format that quickly communicates your basic information and qualifications–like the one included below.
Marketing Associate Resume Example
How confident are you feeling about your resume? If you need more help, you can always refer to the following resume sample for a position.
Want to land 2-3x more interviews… guaranteed?
Marketing Associate Resume (Text Format)
City, State or Country if international
Phone | Email
Marketing Associate Professional
Dedicated Marketing Associate highly regarded for the ability to work collaboratively in preparing, developing and deploying strategic marketing plans, designing and launching effective online/digital campaigns. Strengths in communication, social media marketing and strategic market analysis. Excellent communication skills proven by the ability to successfully manage large projects and work with people from very diverse backgrounds.
- Market Planning
- Market Research
- Client Relations
- Project Management
- Vendor Relations
- Campaign Management
- Demonstrated strong skills in the use of CRM software (Salesforce/Pardot) to perform various client management and update tasks, working directly with account managers and sales teams.
- Processed key stakeholder information according to company procedures.
- Performed research and validation of information from possible clients using a mix of both phone and web sources.
- Conducted data research and analysis on potential clients, market trends, customer/territory analysis and more and completed detailed analysis on competitors to provide internal stakeholders with updated information.
- Assisted in developing the organizational database using XXX technologies.
- Provided assistance to the leadership team by updating social media calendar, and proofreading company research materials.
- Successfully cleansed corporate website of outdated material to improve user interaction.
- Conducted competitor analysis and presented findings to superiors.
- Participated in customer improvement strategies through email tracking, market research, analytics and organization and distribution of merchandise and research reports.
- Attended a meeting regarding LinkedIn strategy and made recommendations.
- Updated company client info, events system and recorded/archived all internal communications from 2014 through 2016.
- Used the CRM software and email marketing systems and collected information from other property websites for PR team.
- Organized and Served as an administrative assistant in several tasks, such as calculating and recording department expenses, running errands, taking inventory of new merchandise and packaging and mailing tasks to other office branches.
Complete School Name, City, St/Country: List Graduation Years If Within the Last Ten Years
Complete Degree Name (Candidate) – Major (GPA: List if over 3.3)
- Relevant Coursework: List coursework taken (even include those you are planning on taking)
- Awards/Honors: List any awards, honors or big achievements
- Clubs/Activities: List clubs and activities in which you participated
- Relevant Projects: List 2-3 projects you have worked on
Everything You Need To Write Your Marketing Associate Resume
Now that you’ve seen an example of a job winning Marketing Associate resume, here are some tips to help you write your own. You should always begin with a summary section. Remember to use basic formatting with clear section headings and a traditional layout. Finally, be sure to include top skills throughout your resume. We’ve included several examples common for Marketing Associate below.
Let’s start with your resume summary section.
Summary for a Marketing Associate Resume
The resume summary replaces the out-of-date resume objective. A summary outlines the most impressive parts of your resume for easy recall by your potential employer, while also serving to fill in personal qualities that may not appear elsewhere on the page. Remember that summaries are short and consist of pithy sentence fragments! You can check out the Marketing Associate resume example for more information!
Always start with your most recent positions at the top of your resume. This is called reverse-chronological format, and keeps your most relevant information easy for hiring managers to review.
Formatting a Marketing Associate Resume
Our experts recommend you start your resume with a resume summary, like the one above. Other common sections are Work Experience, Education, and either Skills or Core Competencies. Here are some guides from our blog to help you write these sections:
- How To Write Your Resume’s Work Experience Section
- How To Write Your Resume’s Education Section
- Good Skills To Put On Your Resume
Other sections for you to consider including are foreign language skills, awards and honors, certifications, and speaking engagements. These could all be relevant sections for your resume.
Marketing Associate Skills for a Resume
Your resume should include all your skills that are relevant to your target job. Skills include both hard skills and soft skills. Hard skills are the technical know-how you need to complete a job, such as data analysis or HTML. You can include hard skills in your core competencies section.
Soft skills are harder to quantify, so they require more information to explain your aptitude. Some top soft skill examples include communication, problem solving, and emotional intelligence. Use several examples of how you use your key soft skills throughout your work history, profile summary, and resume title.
Writing Your Marketing Associate Experience Section
Your Work Experience section should make up the bulk of your resume. This section should include your relevant job titles, companies that employed you, and the dates you were employed.
Most people will finish this section by listing daily duties in short bullet points. Don’t be one of them!
To make your resume stand out, you need to add your accomplishments and key skills to your resume’s Work Experience section.
Here are three tips from our experts:
- Use the STAR method to describe a situation, task, action, and result. This is adapted from a behavioral interview technique, so interviewers will recognize the format.
- Don’t forget about LinkedIn! The majority of employers are going to look you up on LinkedIn, so it’s smart to make sure your LInkedIn profile is up to date and include your URL.
- You can use both bullet points and paragraphs to describe your work experience. Here’s how.
And let’s wrap it all up!
We wish you the best of luck for your job hunt, and don’t forget to check out our Cover Letter Tips!
Didn’t get the specific answers you wanted from this page? Please leave a comment with your question or visit Zipjob on Facebook, Twitter, or LinkedIn to ask. And if you really liked the sample, don’t forget to pin it on Pinterest!
Your download has started!
Professional Resume Services
Land 2x More Interviews…Guaranteed!