Samples & How to Guide
Mortgage Loan Processor Resume Example & Guide
- Mortgage Loan Processor Resume Sample
- Free Downloadable Template
- Tips on how to write the perfect Mortgage Loan Processor resume
Zipjob is a member of:
A Mortgage Loan Processor helps individuals and businesses buy properties. Below is a general job description:
Mortgage loan processors are tasked with double-checking all information in a mortgage loan file before submitting it to an underwriter. This includes specifics such as debt-to-income ratios and the employment information of the person applying for the loan. It is very important for mortgage loan processors to ensure that loan files are ready, because once they are submitted to the underwriter, any mistakes missed by the mortgage loan processor can only be fixed with complicated procedures and copious amounts of red tape.
If this is the kind of job you want or you have, you’re in the right place! We have a resume example for you and three tips from our professional resume writers below.
You should never use a creative resume
Many job seekers think that an eye-catching resume template will help them stand out to hiring managers and increase their chances of landing an interview. This is a myth put out by resume builders that value design over content.
The truth is that most hiring managers prefer a traditional resume format.
Creative resume templates, like the one pictured here, can actually hurt your chances of landing an interview. Instead, you should use a basic resume format that quickly communicates your basic information and qualifications–like the one included below.
Mortgage Loan Processor Resume Example
How confident are you feeling about your resume? If you need more help, you can always refer to the following resume sample for a position.
Want to land 2-3x more interviews… guaranteed?
Mortgage Loan Processor Resume (Text Format)
City, State or Country if international
Phone | Email
Mortgage Loan Processor Professional
Dynamic, accomplished, results-oriented Mortgage Loan Processor highly regarded for maximizing customer service opportunities and consistently exceeding performance objectives in the mortgage sector. Known for providing in-house mortgage loan origination services representing a full range of mortgage financing. Proven track record of generating mortgage loans via online, telephone and personal contact with individual consumers, groups and third-party referrers. Respected for delivering comprehensive customer assistance from mortgage loan application to closing. Out-of-the-box, analytic thinker who pushes creative limits to develop effective and efficient intricate processes.
- Asset Evaluation
- Application Packages
- Data Management
- Relationship Building
- Loan Documentation
- Loan Processing
- Data Verification
- Financial Analysis
- Ensured top operational efficiency by implementing critical production, productivity, quality and customer service standards and correctly identifying needed mortgage loan system improvements.
- Generated xx new mortgage loan applications by developing strong relationships within the general and real estate community and performing sales calls to prospective customers, increasing revenues by xx%.
- Acted as the primary liaison between clients, underwriters, loan originators and lenders/investors to assure strong lines of communication for optimal success.
- Trained xx processors on pipeline management, processing skills and internal and external customer service standards guaranteeing the complete understanding of their responsibilities and company policies.
- Coordinated and managed all daily workflow requirements and facilitated improved communications between processing personnel and the funding and underwriting departments, elevating operational productivity by xx%.
- Performed meticulous spot checks of loans submitted to processing to ensure completeness, accuracy, timeliness and compliance with company policies.
- Provided exceptional customer service by promptly resolving critical escalation issues and ensuring the communication of additional requirements for processing loans, boosting customer satisfaction ratings by xx%.
- Developed and offered innovative solutions to operational challenges and leveraged decisiveness to implement solutions while minimizing risk and maximizing performance.
Complete School Name, City, St/Country: List Graduation Years If Within the Last Ten Years
Complete Degree Name (Candidate) – Major (GPA: List if over 3.3)
- Relevant Coursework: List coursework taken (even include those you are planning on taking)
- Awards/Honors: List any awards, honors or big achievements
- Clubs/Activities: List clubs and activities in which you participated
- Relevant Projects: List 2-3 projects you have worked on
Everything You Need To Write Your Mortgage Loan Processor Resume
Now that you’ve seen an example of a job winning Mortgage Loan Processor resume, here are some tips to help you write your own. You should always begin with a summary section. Remember to use basic formatting with clear section headings and a traditional layout. Finally, be sure to include top skills throughout your resume. We’ve included several examples common for Mortgage Loan Processor below.
Let’s start with your resume summary section.
Summary for a Mortgage Loan Processor Resume
The resume summary replaces the out-of-date resume objective. A summary outlines the most impressive parts of your resume for easy recall by your potential employer, while also serving to fill in personal qualities that may not appear elsewhere on the page. Remember that summaries are short and consist of pithy sentence fragments! You can check out the Mortgage Loan Processor resume example for more information!
Always start with your most recent positions at the top of your resume. This is called reverse-chronological format, and keeps your most relevant information easy for hiring managers to review.
Formatting a Mortgage Loan Processor Resume
Our experts recommend you start your resume with a resume summary, like the one above. Other common sections are Work Experience, Education, and either Skills or Core Competencies. Here are some guides from our blog to help you write these sections:
- How To Write Your Resume’s Work Experience Section
- How To Write Your Resume’s Education Section
- Good Skills To Put On Your Resume
Other sections for you to consider including are foreign language skills, awards and honors, certifications, and speaking engagements. These could all be relevant sections for your resume.
Mortgage Loan Processor Skills for a Resume
Your resume should include all your skills that are relevant to your target job. Skills include both hard skills and soft skills. Hard skills are the technical know-how you need to complete a job, such as data analysis or HTML. You can include hard skills in your core competencies section.
Soft skills are harder to quantify, so they require more information to explain your aptitude. Some top soft skill examples include communication, problem solving, and emotional intelligence. Use several examples of how you use your key soft skills throughout your work history, profile summary, and resume title.
Writing Your Mortgage Loan Processor Experience Section
Your Work Experience section should make up the bulk of your resume. This section should include your relevant job titles, companies that employed you, and the dates you were employed.
Most people will finish this section by listing daily duties in short bullet points. Don’t be one of them!
To make your resume stand out, you need to add your accomplishments and key skills to your resume’s Work Experience section.
Here are three tips from our experts:
- Use the STAR method to describe a situation, task, action, and result. This is adapted from a behavioral interview technique, so interviewers will recognize the format. it’s also a great chance for you to organize your key accomplishments.
- Don’t forget about LinkedIn! The majority of employers are going to look you up on LinkedIn, so it’s smart to make sure your LInkedIn profile is up to date and include your URL in your resume’s contact section.
- Always include a cover letter. Not everyone will bother, so it helps you look like a serious job applicant. It’s also your chance to introduce yourself: who you are, why you’re applying for this job, and how you want to proceed.
And let’s wrap it all up!
We wish you the best of luck for your job hunt, and don’t forget to check out our Cover Letter Tips!
Didn’t get the specific answers you wanted from this page? Please leave a comment with your question or visit Zipjob on Facebook, Twitter, or LinkedIn to ask. And if you really liked the sample, don’t forget to pin it on Pinterest!
Your download has started!
Professional Resume Services
Land 2x More Interviews…Guaranteed!