A Painter paints interior and exterior surfaces. Below is a general job description for a professional painter:
Painters work in a variety of disciplines; they may be construction painters who paint houses and buildings, for example, or they may be artists who produce works of fine art. Painters (artists) may work in a variety of mediums, from oil to watercolor. They may sell their paintings to museums or at art shows, and many may be commissioned to paint something specific for a private buyer. Many painters become teachers and work in higher education teaching painting and illustration to students.Payscale
If this is the kind of job you want or you have, you’re in the right place! We have a resume example for you and three tips from our professional resume writers below.
Painter Resume Example
💡ZipTip: view 200+ more professional resume samples for all industries, along with a guide to writing resumes from our experts.
Painter Resume (text version)
email | www.linkedin.com/in/ | phone number
Painter with 10 years of success in painting interior and exterior surfaces. Well-versed in power washing, repairs, painting techniques, paint determination, and client relations. Engaging communicator who builds relationships with potential and existing clients while guiding decision making with client education.
Painter | ZipJob | New York City, NY
Year – Present
- Prepare interior surfaces for painting by washing and patching small imperfections
- Prepare exterior surfaces by power washing soda blasting and repairing structural defects
- Tape and cover all areas not to be painted such as windows and doors
- Determine the correct type of paint according to the surface type and weather conditions
- Manage a team of painters or work independently to achieve a completed job in a timely manner
- Visit potential customers and give estimates for the job
- Deliver invoices and collect payments when jobs are complete
Painter | ZipJob | New York City, NY
Year – Year
- Performed subcontract work on a routine basis for three bay area General Contractor’s
- Qualified to paint both interior and exterior surfaces using various painting techniques including but not limited to brushing, rolling, spraying and texturing for both residential and commercial properties.
- Provided power washing, surface repairs and waterproofing services for both residential and commercial properties.
- Responsible for all paperwork including, estimates, invoices and job costing.
Bachelor of Arts | Mount Saint Mary College
Certification | School
Portfolio: Link to Portfolio Here
Bonus: free resume template
ZipJob now offers a resume template you can download. The template is set up with an easy to read layout like the example above: clear section headings, modern font, and follows a reverse-chronological resume format (preferred by both hiring managers and ATS scans).
How to write a Painter resume: 3 tips
Link to your online portfolio
For creative professionals like photographers and writers, our career experts recommend including a link to your online profile. You can highlight your strongest work samples easily and proactively!
Your portfolio link can either be placed at the top of your resume with your contact information, or at the end of your related work experience.
Freelance advertising copywriter, Sept. 2013 to present
Online portfolio: www.InsertLinkHere.com
Always add a cover letter
Your cover letter is your chance to start a conversation with your employer. Your resume proves you have the skills and qualifications for the job, but your cover letter invites a further discussion. Whenever possible, use a cover letter to succinctly explain why you’re the perfect fit for the role. You can also highlight your most compelling achievements from your resume–but limit yourself to two or three achievements. Finally, invite the employer to contact you by phone or email.
For more cover letter tips, head over to our guide: What A Good Cover Letter Looks Like
Group your short term projects together
If your work experience includes several short term projects–as many freelance and contract workers do–our experts recommend you group the related projects under one job title. This reduces the impression of job hopping, especially when your work experience is related.
For the job title, it’s best to keep it brief and descriptive. Consider the following suggestions:
- Freelance Graphic Designer
- Content Specialist for Online Retail
- Data Entry Assistant
- Marketing Copywriter
- Customer Service Rep (remote)
Having a great resume will help you land your next job as a Painter. Use this example as a guide to what kind of skills and experience employers are looking for in this field.
Still have questions? Comment below or hire your own resume writer. Zipjob has over 100 professional resume writers with experience in all industries, ready to help you create your best resume. Click below to see our services: