A Physiotherapist delivers physical therapy to patients with injuries or who have had surgery. Below is a general job description:
Physiotherapists are responsible for providing physical therapy for patients on behalf of their organization. They conduct different therapies such as exercise programs and joint manipulation to help heal bodily symptoms and improve patients’ quality of life. Physiotherapists interact with patients to learn about their issues and concerns, develop a treatment plan and conduct follow-up to see how the treatment plan is working. Some of their main responsibilities include setting up exercises that address coordination, posture and strength issues, as well as using their hands and tools to alleviate physical problems. Physiotherapists communicate with patients’ families, counselors and other therapy providers on a regular basis as well. These professionals work in a health care environment and must follow strict safety and privacy regulations to respect patient privacy and confidentiality.Payscale
If this is the kind of job you want or you have, you’re in the right place! We have a resume example for you and three tips from our professional resume writers below.
Physiotherapist Resume Example
💡ZipTip: view 200+ more professional resume samples for all industries, along with a guide to writing resumes from our experts.
Physiotherapist Resume (text version)
email | www.linkedin.com/in/ | phone number
Passionate, dynamic physiotherapist and back pain specialist highly regarded for employing a wide array of physical therapies and techniques to rehabilitate and treat patients who have suffered diverse injuries. A respected leader in the industry, having personally treated thousands of back pain patients in the United States, Canada, England, and Sweden, published articles in various newspapers and authored a book called Back Pain Secrets. Additional expertise in rheumatoid arthritis, osteoarthritis, and skeletal and muscle illnesses using varied therapy programs. Exceptional academic qualifications, including a Master’s in Physiotherapy and Bachelor’s in Physical Therapy.
- Human Anatomy
- Physical Therapy
- Case Management
- Internal Body Structures
- Muscle Strengthening
- Positive Reinforcement
Physiotherapist | ZipJob | New York City, NY Year – Present
- Examine and treated patients with back, neck, knee, shoulder, hip, and other injuries requiring therapy.
- Implemented individual intervention in collaboration with the patients by using graded exercises
- Monitored and evaluated treatments to measure the progress and ensure the effectiveness of the intervention
- Offered the evaluation of treatments of pediatric and orthopedic cases
- Inspected various physiotherapy divisions within the organization along with the concerned consultants and collected referrals whenever possible
- Contributed to the decisions about client dealings and patient care programs
- Performed various treatments for patients affected with cerebrovascular accident, multiple sclerosis spinal cord lesion, and motor neuron disease
- Executed manipulation and mobilization of peripheral and spinal joints
- Designed care plans with realistic and positive reinforcement.
- Collaborated with Primary Care Physicians and interdisciplinary teams to manage recovery.
- Educated patients and families about treatments and options.
- Reported on the details of each session.
- Evaluated patients on an ongoing basis to determine the effectiveness of therapy.
Bachelor of Science | New York University
Technical Skills: Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Access, Publisher) / EPIC / Others
Bonus: free resume template
ZipJob now offers a resume template you can download. The template is set up with an easy to read layout like the example above: clear section headings, modern font, and follows a reverse-chronological resume format (preferred by both hiring managers and ATS scans).
How to write a Physiotherapist resume: 3 tips
Use reverse-chronological format for your work experience
There are three resume formats common in the US and Canada today, but your work experience should always be listed reverse-chronologically. This means you should start with your most recent job at the top of your work experience section. Follow with your previous job under that, and so on.
This way, you’re keeping your most recent experience at the top of your resume. That is where it is most likely to be noticed by hiring managers.
Only include 10 to 15 years of experience
You should keep your resume’s work experience limited to the last 10 or 15 years. There are two reasons for this:
- It keeps your resume focused on your most recent experience
- It keeps your resume focused on your most relevant experience
In most cases, the jobs you held more than 15 years ago will not help you land a job. Either you have done similar tasks more recently, in which case you don’t need to repeat yourself. On the other hand, you may have changed careers since then, making your previous experience confusing and irrelevant.
For more about relevant work experience, head over to this article next: What Does Relevant Work Experience Mean On A Resume?
Use soft skills throughout your resume
Strong job applicants should have a mix of hard skills and soft skills. Soft skills include collaboration, communication, emotional intelligence, and creativity. Instead of listing these within a skills section, you should use examples of how you have used soft skills in your work history. For example:
- Collaborated with sales and product development teams to design, implement, and oversee new marketing campaign
- Solved ongoing problem with tracking shipments by implementing an Excel sheet system that automatically updated when shipments left the warehouse
- Communicated effectively with internal and external stakeholders throughout 6 month project, providing weekly email updates and a wrap up presentation with key points, results, and future plans
Having a great resume will help you land your next job as a Physiotherapist. Have accomplishments and keywords to stand out among competitors. Use this example as a guide to what kind of skills and experience employers are looking for in this field.
Still have questions? Comment below or hire your own resume writer. Zipjob has over 100 professional resume writers with experience in all industries, ready to help you create your best resume. Click below to see our services: