Samples & How to Guide
Private Housekeeper Resume Example & Guide
- Private Housekeeper Resume Sample
- Free Downloadable Template
- Tips on how to write the perfect Private Housekeeper resume
Zipjob is a member of:
A Private Housekeeper works with a family or organization to work in one place as a housekeeper. Below is a general job description:
The primary duties of a housekeeper are to clean and maintain their designated work area. This work area will vary from employer to employer; housekeepers commonly work in hotels, private homes, and assisted living facilities. At a large hotel, a housekeeper may be expected to clean several floors’ worth of rooms; at a private residence, a housekeeper may be expected to clean a relatively small area. Regardless of location, housekeepers can be expected to clean bathrooms, dust furniture, replenish supplies of soap and paper products, clean doors and windows, replace light bulbs, change and launder bed sheets and towels, and other activities that contribute to ensuring their assigned areas are clean and welcoming. Much of a housekeeper’s daily work is autonomous; housekeepers are given their assigned area and are expected to complete their work in a set amount of time.
You should never use a creative resume
Many job seekers think that an eye-catching resume template will help them stand out to hiring managers and increase their chances of landing an interview. This is a myth put out by resume builders that value design over content.
The truth is that most hiring managers prefer a traditional resume format.
Creative resume templates, like the one pictured here, can actually hurt your chances of landing an interview. Instead, you should use a basic resume format that quickly communicates your basic information and qualifications–like the one included below.
Private Housekeeper Resume Example
How confident are you feeling about your resume? If you need more help, you can always refer to the following resume sample for a position.
Want to land 2-3x more interviews… guaranteed?
Private Housekeeper Resume (Text Format)
City, State or Country if international
Phone | Email
Private Housekeeper Professional
A dynamic, results-oriented Private Housekeeper and offering focused leadership to drive sales and profitability in highly competitive markets. Noted for outstanding communications skills, both with guests and staff; ability to resolve problems quickly and equitably to ensure satisfied customers and happy employees. Consistently achieve performance goals through enthusiasm, tenacity and initiative. Manager with the ability to motivate staff members and turn under-producing teams into record-breaking units. Well organized with a track record that demonstrates self-motivation, perseverance and the creativity to achieve both personal and corporate goals.
- Team Building
- Private Housekeeping
- Cost Containment
- Staff Training
- Safety Management
- Guest Relations
- Customer Service
- Quality Assurance
- Loss Prevention
- Conducted the day-to-day housekeeping duties identified by homeowner.
- Dusted furniture and fixtures, vacuumed carpets, washed tiled floors, and assisted with deep cleaning projects.
- Cleaned wash basins, mirrors, commodes, tubs, and showers, and performed other cleaning duties.
- Washed bed linen, towels, other articles in the laundry basket, made beds, and folded and stored all items.
- Cleaned all rooms, halls, and other areas of the home, and identified cleaning supplies that need to be ordered.
- Disinfected and sterilized equipment and supplies prior to leaving the premises.
- Prepared housekeeping reports, maintained high level of cleanses. Ensured all area kept clean and tidy according to the company standard and policy.
- Ensured any complaint is actioned within 15 minutes. Liaised with senior manager for any issue.
- Successfully liaised with staff for any work and ensured team spirit maintained for every work.
- Performed opening and closing duties daily
- Inspected rooms for quality assurance
- Conducted and recorded inventory
- Created employee work schedules
- Verified employee time cards for payroll
- Resolved guest inquiries and complaints
- Prepared bids and purchase orders
- Filed appropriate documentation
- Worked on Stratton Warren system
Complete School Name, City, St/Country: List Graduation Years If Within the Last Ten Years
Complete Degree Name (Candidate) – Major (GPA: List if over 3.3)
- Relevant Coursework: List coursework taken (even include those you are planning on taking)
- Awards/Honors: List any awards, honors or big achievements
- Clubs/Activities: List clubs and activities in which you participated
- Relevant Projects: List 2-3 projects you have worked on
Everything You Need To Write Your Private Housekeeper Resume
Now that you’ve seen an example of a job winning Private Housekeeper resume, here are some tips to help you write your own. You should always begin with a summary section. Remember to use basic formatting with clear section headings and a traditional layout. Finally, be sure to include top skills throughout your resume. We’ve included several examples common for Private Housekeeper below.
Let’s start with your resume summary section.
Summary for a Private Housekeeper Resume
The resume summary replaces the out-of-date resume objective. A summary outlines the most impressive parts of your resume for easy recall by your potential employer, while also serving to fill in personal qualities that may not appear elsewhere on the page. Remember that summaries are short and consist of pithy sentence fragments! You can check out the Private Housekeeper resume example for more information!
A great resume has between 10 and 15 years’ experience represented. This way, your resume will stay relevant and focused on your most compelling work experience.
Formatting a Private Housekeeper Resume
Our experts recommend you start your resume with a resume summary, like the one above. Other common sections are Work Experience, Education, and either Skills or Core Competencies. Here are some guides from our blog to help you write these sections:
- How To Write Your Resume’s Work Experience Section
- How To Write Your Resume’s Education Section
- Good Skills To Put On Your Resume
Other sections for you to consider including are foreign language skills, awards and honors, certifications, and speaking engagements. These could all be relevant sections for your resume.
Private Housekeeper Skills for a Resume
Your resume should include all your skills that are relevant to your target job. Skills include both hard skills and soft skills. Hard skills are the technical know-how you need to complete a job, such as data analysis or HTML. Soft skills are harder to quantify. Some examples include communication, problem solving, and emotional intelligence.
You can include hard skills in your core competencies section. However, soft skills require more information to help employers gauge your aptitude. Use several examples of how you use your key soft skills throughout your work history, profile summary, and resume title.
Writing Your Private Housekeeper Experience Section
Your Work Experience section should make up the bulk of your resume. This section should include your relevant job titles, companies that employed you, and the dates you were employed. Most people will finish this section by listing daily duties in short bullet points. Don’t be one of them!
To help your resume stand out, you need to add your accomplishments and key skills to your resume’s Work Experience. Here are three tips:
- Use the STAR method to describe a situation, task, action, and result in a bullet point.
- Limit yourself to between four and six bullet points for each position. This will help you include only the most relevant information.
- Make small edits to your resume every time you apply for a job. In the resume writing world, this is called tailoring your resume.
And let’s wrap it all up!
We wish you the best of luck for your job hunt, and don’t forget to check out our Cover Letter Tips!
Didn’t get the specific answers you wanted from this page? Please leave a comment with your question or visit Zipjob on Facebook, Twitter, or LinkedIn to ask. And if you really liked the sample, don’t forget to pin it on Pinterest!
Your download has started!
Professional Resume Services
Land 2x More Interviews…Guaranteed!