Samples & How to Guide
Product Marketing Manager Resume Example & Guide
- Product Marketing Manager Resume Sample
- Free Downloadable Template
- Tips on how to write the perfect Product Marketing Manager resume
Zipjob is a member of:
A Product Marketing Manager oversees product development and marketing efforts to ensure exponential sales are achieved. Below is a general job description:
A product marketing manager must become highly familiar with the products the company sells to construct a strategy on how best to sell the product and generate the highest revenues. The product marketing manager oversees how the product is advertised, discussed in press releases, and seen by the public. Product marketing managers can work on local, regional, national, or international levels.
You should never use a creative resume
Many job seekers think that an eye-catching resume template will help them stand out to hiring managers and increase their chances of landing an interview. This is a myth put out by resume builders that value design over content.
The truth is that most hiring managers prefer a traditional resume format.
Creative resume templates, like the one pictured here, can actually hurt your chances of landing an interview. Instead, you should use a basic resume format that quickly communicates your basic information and qualifications–like the one included below.
Product Marketing Manager Resume Example
How confident are you feeling about your resume? If you need more help, you can always refer to the following resume sample for a position.
Want to land 2-3x more interviews… guaranteed?
Product Marketing Manager Resume (Text Format)
City, State or Country if international
Phone | Email
Product Marketing Manager Professional
A strategic, goal-oriented, bilingual Product Marketing Manager with extensive experiences delivering multi-faceted insights, strategies and tactics surrounding multi-channel product management, technology, branding, sales and new business development. Highly regarded for my expertise in identifying product opportunities and translating trends into on-brand product solutions that effectively communicate company vision and values. Distinguished record of orchestrating a customer-focused approach to marketing, sales and business innovation that delivers predictable and profitable results. Proven history of ensuring each product launch is delivered on time and under budget while exceeding all performance expectations. Provide full life cycle product management, roadmap development expertise while earning a solid reputation for complex problem resolution, professionalism, innovation and productivity.
- Product Planning
- Business Development
- Product Development
- Product Presentations
- Client Management
- Vendor Selection
- Regional Marketing
- Brand Management
- Responsible for developing the overall product for Telekom Malaysia and MCMC’s joint 850mhz LTE deployment (TMgo).
- Work within the Mass Market team to maintain high level of productivity and effectiveness, and increase sales and market share.
- Prepare SWOT analysis for concerned region, propose plans and corrective actions to mass market senior manager and ensure their implementation.
- Contribute to the creation of objectives and KPI’s for mass market team in line with company’s objectives.
- Establish trust worthy relationship with the distribution channels in the region.
- Coordinate with all Departments, as needed, to support in fulfilling corporate objectives as well as departmental objectives.
- Lead, develop, and motivate team members to reach ultimate performance, and achieve Corporate, Department, and Unit objectives.
- Chosen to work on the airtime credit transfer project with Maxis, contributing and managing project deliverables.
- Ensured all project elements were on time and within budget while exceeding all client expectations.
- Played a key role in new product development, creating innovative solutions for the telecommunications industry.
- Fostered and developed partnerships throughout the industry to propose solutions to telecommunications service providers and win contracts.
- Worked collaboratively with team to ensure design details were clearly articulated and product specifications are met to standards.
- Embraced change, maintaining an open mind and adaptability in the face of ambiguity and change as the industry is ever changing.
Complete School Name, City, St/Country: List Graduation Years If Within the Last Ten Years
Complete Degree Name (Candidate) – Major (GPA: List if over 3.3)
- Relevant Coursework: List coursework taken (even include those you are planning on taking)
- Awards/Honors: List any awards, honors or big achievements
- Clubs/Activities: List clubs and activities in which you participated
- Relevant Projects: List 2-3 projects you have worked on
Everything You Need To Write Your Product Marketing Manager Resume
Now that you’ve seen an example of a job winning Product Marketing Manager resume, here are some tips to help you write your own. You should always begin with a summary section. Remember to use basic formatting with clear section headings and a traditional layout. Finally, be sure to include top skills throughout your resume. We’ve included several examples common for Product Marketing Manager below.
Let’s start with your resume summary section.
Summary for a Product Marketing Manager Resume
The resume summary replaces the out-of-date resume objective. A summary outlines the most impressive parts of your resume for easy recall by your potential employer, while also serving to fill in personal qualities that may not appear elsewhere on the page. Remember that summaries are short and consist of pithy sentence fragments! You can check out the Product Marketing Manager resume example for more information!
Effective leadership and executive resumes use soft skills to showcase leadership skills. Your resume should include specific examples of motivating, empowering, or training people to accomplish a result.
Formatting a Product Marketing Manager Resume
Our experts recommend you start your resume with a resume summary, like the one above. Other common sections are Work Experience, Education, and either Skills or Core Competencies. Here are some guides from our blog to help you write these sections:
- How To Write Your Resume’s Work Experience Section
- How To Write Your Resume’s Education Section
- Good Skills To Put On Your Resume
Other sections for you to consider including are foreign language skills, awards and honors, certifications, and speaking engagements. These could all be relevant sections for your resume.
Product Marketing Manager Skills for a Resume
Your resume should include all your skills that are relevant to your target job. Skills include both hard skills and soft skills. Hard skills are the technical know-how you need to complete a job, such as data analysis or HTML. Soft skills are harder to quantify. Some examples include communication, problem solving, and emotional intelligence.
You can include hard skills in your core competencies section. However, soft skills require more information to help employers gauge your aptitude. Use several examples of how you use your key soft skills throughout your work history, profile summary, and resume title.
Writing Your Product Marketing Manager Experience Section
Your Work Experience section should make up the bulk of your resume. This section should include your relevant job titles, companies that employed you, and the dates you were employed. Most people will finish this section by listing daily duties in short bullet points. Don’t be one of them!
To help your resume stand out, you need to add your accomplishments and key skills to your resume’s Work Experience. Here are three tips:
- Use the STAR method to describe a situation, task, action, and result. This is a common behavioral interview question, so it’s an impressive way to answer interview questions preemptively.
- Limit yourself to between four and six bullet points for each position. This will help you include only the most relevant information!
- Make small edits to your resume every time you apply for a job. In the resume writing world, this is called tailoring your resume. Make sure your skills and experience are the answer to each and every job description.
And let’s wrap it all up!
We wish you the best of luck for your job hunt, and don’t forget to check out our Cover Letter Tips!
Didn’t get the specific answers you wanted from this page? Please leave a comment with your question or visit Zipjob on Facebook, Twitter, or LinkedIn to ask. And if you really liked the sample, don’t forget to pin it on Pinterest!
Your download has started!
Professional Resume Services
Land 2x More Interviews…Guaranteed!