Samples & How to Guide
Professional Engineer Resume Example & Guide
- Professional Engineer Resume Sample
- Free Downloadable Template
- Tips on how to write the perfect Professional Engineer resume
Zipjob is a member of:
A Professional Engineer specializes in an area of engineering. Below is a general job description:
Engineering is a very broad field with hundreds of specific disciplines; some are so different from others that they hardly seem like the same type of job. Though it was once the case that anybody could do engineering work without certification, there are now very strict standards one must meet to become an engineer. Above even this is the professional engineer, whose hard work and exhaustive understanding of engineering entitles him/her to a particular level of recognition as a master of the craft.
If this is the kind of job you want or you have, you’re in the right place! We have a resume example for you and three tips from our professional resume writers below.
You should never use a creative resume
Many job seekers think that an eye-catching resume template will help them stand out to hiring managers and increase their chances of landing an interview. This is a myth put out by resume builders that value design over content.
The truth is that most hiring managers prefer a traditional resume format.
Creative resume templates, like the one pictured here, can actually hurt your chances of landing an interview. Instead, you should use a basic resume format that quickly communicates your basic information and qualifications–like the one included below.
Professional Engineer Resume Example
How confident are you feeling about your resume? If you need more help, you can always refer to the following resume sample for a position.
Want to land 2-3x more interviews… guaranteed?
Professional Engineer Resume (Text Format)
City, State or Country if international
Phone | Email
Professional Engineer Professional
Dynamic, accomplished Professional Engineer highly regarded for scoping and delivering broad cross-organizational projects end-to-end for F500 industry. Out-of-the-box thinker who champions innovative solutions to optimize for quality and time-to-market. Known as an excellent communicator and decisive leader with the capacity to lead teams, build productive relationships, and translate business needs into outstanding products. Proven track record of excelling in fast-paced, multi-disciplined, ambiguous environments to deliver projects on-time and above all expectations.
- Program Management
- Process Improvement
- Relationship Building
- Continuous Improvement
- Quality Assurance
- Problem Solving
- Project Management
- Drive consistently stellar outcomes in alignment with a multidisciplinary team, including Operations, Sales, Program Management, Account Management, and Product Management while operating under strict deadlines and heavy workloads.
- Ensure technical deliverables meet exacting standards of timeliness and quality while working in ambiguous, fast-paced environments; facilitate services which drive year-over-year revenues.
- Received multiple promotions, orchestrate complex configuration deliverables for a top business account (F500) as well as other key designated accounts, ensuring superior service while quickly resolving any related issues.
- Regarded as a resident specialist in providing solutions to FCA’s issues, delivering clear, concise reports to leadership and escalating high-level concerns within a deadline-driven environment.
- Deliver exemplary leadership through continued support and mentoring to Program Managers in managing small to mid-size implementations, including essential assistance with critical projects
- Maintain clarity, accuracy, and concision for various updates to management and key stakeholders regarding client activity, relationship management, and issue resolution for projects with multi-million-dollar budgets
- Exceeded all expectations as a key contributor for multiple applications engineering efforts.
- Received praise for excellent technical acumen, combined with evangelization of corporate vision, mission, strategy, and values.
- Spearheaded initiatives to ensure the company was first choice in Customer engine selection.
Complete School Name, City, St/Country: List Graduation Years If Within the Last Ten Years
Complete Degree Name (Candidate) – Major (GPA: List if over 3.3)
- Relevant Coursework: List coursework taken (even include those you are planning on taking)
- Awards/Honors: List any awards, honors or big achievements
- Clubs/Activities: List clubs and activities in which you participated
- Relevant Projects: List 2-3 projects you have worked on
Everything You Need To Write Your Professional Engineer Resume
Now that you’ve seen an example of a job winning Professional Engineer resume, here are some tips to help you write your own. You should always begin with a summary section. Remember to use basic formatting with clear section headings and a traditional layout. Finally, be sure to include top skills throughout your resume. We’ve included several examples common for Professional Engineer below.
Let’s start with your resume summary section.
Summary for a Professional Engineer Resume
The resume summary replaces the out-of-date resume objective. A summary outlines the most impressive parts of your resume for easy recall by your potential employer, while also serving to fill in personal qualities that may not appear elsewhere on the page. Remember that summaries are short and consist of pithy sentence fragments! You can check out the Professional Engineer resume example for more information!
Always start with your most recent positions at the top of your resume. This is called reverse-chronological format, and keeps your most relevant information easy for hiring managers to review.
Formatting a Professional Engineer Resume
Our experts recommend you start your resume with a resume summary, like the one above. Other common sections are Work Experience, Education, and either Skills or Core Competencies. Here are some guides from our blog to help you write these sections:
- How To Write Your Resume’s Work Experience Section
- How To Write Your Resume’s Education Section
- Good Skills To Put On Your Resume
Other sections for you to consider including are foreign language skills, awards and honors, certifications, and speaking engagements. These could all be relevant sections for your resume.
Professional Engineer Skills for a Resume
You should always tailor your resume to include the hard skills and soft skills you have and employers want.
Hard skills are the technical know-how you need to complete a job, such as accounting or Google Analytics. You can include hard skills in your core competencies section.
Soft skills are harder to quantify, so they require more information to explain your ability. Some top soft skill examples include communication, problem solving, and emotional intelligence. Use examples of how you use your key soft skills to accomplish goals throughout your work history, resume summary, and resume title.
Writing Your Professional Engineer Experience Section
Your Work Experience section should make up the bulk of your resume. This section should include your relevant job titles, companies that employed you, and the dates you were employed.
Most people will finish this section by listing daily duties in short bullet points. Don’t be one of them!
To make your resume stand out, you need to add your accomplishments and key skills to your resume’s Work Experience section.
Here are three tips from our experts:
- Use the STAR method to describe a situation, task, action, and result. This is adapted from a behavioral interview technique, so interviewers will recognize the format. it’s also a great chance for you to organize your key accomplishments.
- Don’t forget about LinkedIn! The majority of employers are going to look you up on LinkedIn, so it’s smart to make sure your LInkedIn profile is up to date and include your URL in your resume’s contact section.
- Always include a cover letter. Not everyone will bother, so it helps you look like a serious job applicant. It’s also your chance to introduce yourself: who you are, why you’re applying for this job, and how you want to proceed.
And let’s wrap it all up!
We wish you the best of luck for your job hunt, and don’t forget to check out our Cover Letter Tips!
Didn’t get the specific answers you wanted from this page? Please leave a comment with your question or visit Zipjob on Facebook, Twitter, or LinkedIn to ask. And if you really liked the sample, don’t forget to pin it on Pinterest!
Your download has started!
Professional Resume Services
Land 2x More Interviews…Guaranteed!