A Real Estate Agent sells houses. Here is a general job description for a Real Estate Agent:
Real estate agents work with clients in order to facilitate the sale and purchase of property and houses. Real estate agents review property value and similar sale prices in an area to determine reasonable prices for selling and buying property. Not every deal is cut and dry though, and at times real estate agents will have to work through lengthy negotiations in order to satisfy all parties involved in the transfer of property. It is in the best interest for a real estate agent to earn as much money for a sale or purchase as possible, as they often work on commission based on the final sale price of a property.Payscale
If this is the kind of job you want or you have, you’re in the right place! We have a resume example for you and three tips from our professional resume writers below.
Real Estate Agent Resume Example
💡ZipTip: view 200+ more professional resume samples for all industries, along with a guide to writing resumes from our experts.
Real Estate Agent Resume (text version)
email | www.linkedin.com/in/ | phone number
Real Estate Agent
Customer Service | Account Management | Residential/Commercial Sales
Dynamic, accomplished, results-oriented Real Estate Agent highly regarded for outstanding success in building and maintaining relationships with decision-makers, establishing large volume accounts, and ensuring client retention and loyalty to produce record-breaking performance in this fast-paced and competitive industry. Versatile and results-oriented, with extensive experience in residential real estate including training, teaching, and management of new and seasoned agents. Drives new business through delivery of unsurpassed customer service and establishing strategic partnerships with key stakeholders and executives to increase channel revenue. Well-organized with a track record that demonstrates self-motivation, perseverance, and the creativity to exceed both personal and corporate goals. Exceptional interpersonal and team leadership skills, able to collaborate effectively and professionally with individuals from diverse backgrounds.
- Real Estate
- Business Development
- Community Relations
- Relationship Building
- Cold Calling
- Project Management
Real Estate Agent | ZipJob | New York City, NY Year – Present
- Present purchase offers to sellers for consideration.
- Negotiate prices or other sales terms.
- Act as an intermediary in negotiations between buyers and sellers, generally representing one or the other
- Compare a property with similar properties that have recently sold to determine its competitive market price.
- Advise clients on market conditions, prices, mortgages, legal requirements and related matters.
- Promote sales of properties through advertisements, open houses, and participation in multiple listing services.
- Accompany buyers during visits to and inspections of property, advising them on the suitability and value of the homes they are visiting.
- Prepare documents such as representation contracts, purchase agreements, closing statements, deeds and leases.
- Confer with escrow companies, lenders, home inspectors, and pest control operators to ensure that terms and conditions of purchase agreements are met before closing dates.
- Coordinate property closings, overseeing signing of documents and disbursement of funds.
- Solely responsible for self-generating business through outside sales, cold calling, referrals and networking.
Bachelor of Science | New York University
Certification | School
Bonus: free resume template
ZipJob now offers a resume template you can download. The template is set up with an easy to read layout like the example above: clear section headings, modern font, and follows a reverse-chronological resume format (preferred by both hiring managers and ATS scans).
How to write a Real Estate Agent resume: 3 tips
Always add a cover letter
Your cover letter is your chance to start a conversation with your employer. Your resume proves you have the skills and qualifications for the job, but your cover letter invites a further discussion. Whenever possible, use a cover letter to succinctly explain why you’re the perfect fit for the role. You can also highlight your most compelling achievements from your resume–but limit yourself to two or three achievements. Finally, invite the employer to contact you by phone or email.
For more cover letter tips, head over to our guide: What A Good Cover Letter Looks Like
Group your short term projects together
If your work experience includes several short term projects–as many freelance and contract workers do–our experts recommend you group the related projects under one job title. This reduces the impression of job hopping, especially when your work experience is related.
For the job title, it’s best to keep it brief and descriptive. Consider the following suggestions:
- Freelance Graphic Designer
- Content Specialist for Online Retail
- Data Entry Assistant
- Marketing Copywriter
- Customer Service Rep (remote)
Only include 10 to 15 years of experience
You should keep your resume’s work experience limited to the last 10 or 15 years. There are two reasons for this:
- It keeps your resume focused on your most recent experience
- It keeps your resume focused on your most relevant experience
In most cases, the jobs you held more than 15 years ago will not help you land a job. Either you have done similar tasks more recently, in which case you don’t need to repeat yourself. On the other hand, you may have changed careers since then, making your previous experience confusing and irrelevant.
For more about relevant work experience, head over to this article next: What Does Relevant Work Experience Mean On A Resume?
Having a great resume will help you land your next job as a Real Estate Agent. Use this example as a guide to what kind of skills and experience employers are looking for in this field.
Still have questions? Comment below or hire your own resume writer. Zipjob has over 100 professional resume writers with experience in all industries, ready to help you create your best resume. Click below to see our services: