Samples & How to Guide
Real Estate Appraiser Resume Example & Guide
- Real Estate Appraiser Resume Sample
- Free Downloadable Template
- Tips on how to write the perfect Real Estate Appraiser resume
Zipjob is a member of:
A Real Estate Appraiser determines the valuation of properties. Below is a general job description for a Real Estate Appraiser:
Real estate appraisers are responsible for assessing the value of a property. Most real estate appraisers are contracted by an individual or a business (via an appraisal company) to perform a series of routine checks that will go on record to establish a property’s worth. Appraisers’ duties vary based on type of property and specific circumstance. For example, assessing the value of a commercial building may take substantially longer than an assessment of a single home. However, appraisers working on personal homes typically deal with multiple jobs at a time.
If this is the kind of job you want or you have, you’re in the right place! We have a resume example for you and three tips from our professional resume writers below.
You should never use a creative resume
Many job seekers think that an eye-catching resume template will help them stand out to hiring managers and increase their chances of landing an interview. This is a myth put out by resume builders that value design over content.
The truth is that most hiring managers prefer a traditional resume format.
Creative resume templates, like the one pictured here, can actually hurt your chances of landing an interview. Instead, you should use a basic resume format that quickly communicates your basic information and qualifications–like the one included below.
Real Estate Appraiser Resume Example
How confident are you feeling about your resume? If you need more help, you can always refer to the following resume sample for a position.
Want to land 2-3x more interviews… guaranteed?
Real Estate Appraiser Resume (Text Format)
City, State or Country if international
Phone | Email
Real Estate Appraiser Professional
Real Estate Appraiser with expertise in assessment of properties for sale. Utilize assessment skills to understand a property’s worth. Well-versed in investigation, time management, communications, multitasking, and property evaluation. Effective communicator with the ability to build and manage long-term relationships with professionals.
- Real Estate
- Market Analysis
- Market Research
- Relationship Building
- Residential Properties
- Commercial Properties
- Property Assessment
- Conduct formal appraisals of real property or land before it is sold, mortgaged, taxed, insured, or developed.
- Evaluate properties to establish market values and property ratings using internal and external sources.
- Make on site visits, inspect property and interview clients.
- Examine all variables that impact property’s present or future value (comparable home sales, previous sales records, future developments etc.).
- Prepare reports that fully explain assessment results and outline methods used.
- Document procedure and backup data.
- Keep abreast with all current regulations, standards, and best practices.
- Prepare documents such as representation contracts, purchase agreements, closing statements, deeds and leases.
- Confer with escrow companies, lenders, home inspectors, and pest control operators.
- Verify legal descriptions of real estate properties in public records.
- Inspect new and existing properties, noting unique characteristics.
- Photograph the interior and exterior of properties.
- Use “comparables,” or similar nearby properties, to help determine value.
- Prepare written reports on the property value.
- Prepare and maintain current data on each real estate property.
Complete School Name, City, St/Country: List Graduation Years If Within the Last Ten Years
Complete Degree Name (Candidate) – Major (GPA: List if over 3.3)
- Relevant Coursework: List coursework taken (even include those you are planning on taking)
- Awards/Honors: List any awards, honors or big achievements
- Clubs/Activities: List clubs and activities in which you participated
- Relevant Projects: List 2-3 projects you have worked on
Everything You Need To Write Your Real Estate Appraiser Resume
Now that you’ve seen an example of a job winning Real Estate Appraiser resume, here are some tips to help you write your own. You should always begin with a summary section. Remember to use basic formatting with clear section headings and a traditional layout. Finally, be sure to include top skills throughout your resume. We’ve included several examples common for Real Estate Appraiser below.
Let’s start with your resume summary section.
Summary for a Real Estate Appraiser Resume
The resume summary replaces the out-of-date resume objective. A summary outlines the most impressive parts of your resume for easy recall by your potential employer, while also serving to fill in personal qualities that may not appear elsewhere on the page. Remember that summaries are short and consist of pithy sentence fragments! You can check out the Real Estate Appraiser resume example for more information!
Always start with your most recent positions at the top of your resume. This is called reverse-chronological format, and keeps your most relevant information easy for hiring managers to review.
Formatting a Real Estate Appraiser Resume
Our experts recommend you start your resume with a resume summary, like the one above. Other common sections are Work Experience, Education, and either Skills or Core Competencies. Here are some guides from our blog to help you write these sections:
- How To Write Your Resume’s Work Experience Section
- How To Write Your Resume’s Education Section
- Good Skills To Put On Your Resume
Other sections for you to consider including are foreign language skills, awards and honors, certifications, and speaking engagements. These could all be relevant sections for your resume.
Real Estate Appraiser Skills for a Resume
Your resume should include all your skills that are relevant to your target job. Skills include both hard skills and soft skills. Hard skills are the technical know-how you need to complete a job, such as data analysis or HTML. You can include hard skills in your core competencies section.
Soft skills are harder to quantify, so they require more information to explain your aptitude. Some top soft skill examples include communication, problem solving, and emotional intelligence. Use several examples of how you use your key soft skills throughout your work history, profile summary, and resume title.
Writing Your Real Estate Appraiser Experience Section
Your Work Experience section should make up the bulk of your resume. This section should include your relevant job titles, companies that employed you, and the dates you were employed.
Most people will finish this section by listing daily duties in short bullet points. Don’t be one of them!
To make your resume stand out, you need to add your accomplishments and key skills to your resume’s Work Experience section.
Here are three tips from our experts:
- Use the STAR method to describe a situation, task, action, and result. This is adapted from a behavioral interview technique, so interviewers will recognize the format. it’s also a great chance for you to organize your key accomplishments.
- Don’t forget about LinkedIn! The majority of employers are going to look you up on LinkedIn, so it’s smart to make sure your LInkedIn profile is up to date and include your URL in your resume’s contact section.
- Always include a cover letter. Not everyone will bother, so it helps you look like a serious job applicant. It’s also your chance to introduce yourself: who you are, why you’re applying for this job, and how you want to proceed.
And let’s wrap it all up!
We wish you the best of luck for your job hunt, and don’t forget to check out our Cover Letter Tips!
Didn’t get the specific answers you wanted from this page? Please leave a comment with your question or visit Zipjob on Facebook, Twitter, or LinkedIn to ask. And if you really liked the sample, don’t forget to pin it on Pinterest!
Your download has started!
Professional Resume Services
Land 2x More Interviews…Guaranteed!