Samples & How to Guide
Real Estate Broker Resume Example & Guide
- Real Estate Broker Resume Sample
- Free Downloadable Template
- Tips on how to write the perfect Real Estate Broker resume
Zipjob is a member of:
A Real Estate Broker helps people to buy and sell properties, whether residential or commercial. Below is a general job description:
Real estate brokers are people who help others to sell or purchase property. Most of the time the property being sold or purchased is a house or empty land. The broker must understand the market value of each property under consideration. They should be able to assess the positive and negative aspects of each property and know how to advertise and negotiate a sale. They often work with financial institutions and help people obtain the loans that are needed to buy a property. They normally work on commission and earn a small percentage from each sale they complete.
If this is the kind of job you want or you have, you’re in the right place! We have a resume example for you and three tips from our professional resume writers below.
You should never use a creative resume
Many job seekers think that an eye-catching resume template will help them stand out to hiring managers and increase their chances of landing an interview. This is a myth put out by resume builders that value design over content.
The truth is that most hiring managers prefer a traditional resume format.
Creative resume templates, like the one pictured here, can actually hurt your chances of landing an interview. Instead, you should use a basic resume format that quickly communicates your basic information and qualifications–like the one included below.
Real Estate Broker Resume Example
How confident are you feeling about your resume? If you need more help, you can always refer to the following resume sample for a position.
Want to land 2-3x more interviews… guaranteed?
Real Estate Broker Resume (Text Format)
City, State or Country if international
Phone | Email
Real Estate Broker Professional
Results-focused Real Estate Broker with expertise in buying and selling properties. Well-versed in the assessment of positive and negative aspects of properties. Key skills in negotiation, advertising, budgeting, and communications. Versatile and results-oriented, with extensive experience in residential real estate including training, teaching, and management of new and seasoned agents. Engaging communicator who builds long-term and trusting relationships with decisions makers and clients.
- Real Estate
- Stakeholder Relations
- Property Buying
- Relationship Building
- Property Selling
- Contract Management
- Goal Achievement
- Confer with escrow companies, lenders, home inspectors, and pest control operators to ensure that terms and conditions of purchase agreements are met before closing dates.
- Coordinate property closings, overseeing signing of documents and disbursement of funds.
- Solely responsible for self-generating business through outside sales, cold calling, referrals and networking.
- Worked in a team and helped motivate each member to build a business through referrals and hard work.
- Read and analyzed incoming memos, submissions, and reports in order to determine their significance and plan their distribution.
- Pickup, sort and distribute mail and misc. bank deliveries.
- Open, sort and distribute incoming correspondence and faxes.
- File and retrieve corporate documents, records, and reports.
- Greet visitors/residents and provide assistance.
- Answer all calls and transfer accordingly – multi-line phone system.
- Prepare responses to correspondence containing routine inquiries.
- Draft daily correspondence and prepare misc. forms/documentation.
Complete School Name, City, St/Country: List Graduation Years If Within the Last Ten Years
Complete Degree Name (Candidate) – Major (GPA: List if over 3.3)
- Relevant Coursework: List coursework taken (even include those you are planning on taking)
- Awards/Honors: List any awards, honors or big achievements
- Clubs/Activities: List clubs and activities in which you participated
- Relevant Projects: List 2-3 projects you have worked on
Everything You Need To Write Your Real Estate Broker Resume
Now that you’ve seen an example of a job winning Real Estate Broker resume, here are some tips to help you write your own. You should always begin with a summary section. Remember to use basic formatting with clear section headings and a traditional layout. Finally, be sure to include top skills throughout your resume. We’ve included several examples common for Real Estate Broker below.
Let’s start with your resume summary section.
Summary for a Real Estate Broker Resume
The resume summary replaces the out-of-date resume objective. A summary outlines the most impressive parts of your resume for easy recall by your potential employer, while also serving to fill in personal qualities that may not appear elsewhere on the page. Remember that summaries are short and consist of pithy sentence fragments! You can check out the Real Estate Broker resume example for more information!
Always start with your most recent positions at the top of your resume. This is called reverse-chronological format, and keeps your most relevant information easy for hiring managers to review.
Formatting a Real Estate Broker Resume
Our experts recommend you start your resume with a resume summary, like the one above. Other common sections are Work Experience, Education, and either Skills or Core Competencies. Here are some guides from our blog to help you write these sections:
- How To Write Your Resume’s Work Experience Section
- How To Write Your Resume’s Education Section
- Good Skills To Put On Your Resume
Other sections for you to consider including are foreign language skills, awards and honors, certifications, and speaking engagements. These could all be relevant sections for your resume.
Real Estate Broker Skills for a Resume
Your resume should include all your skills that are relevant to your target job. Skills include both hard skills and soft skills. Hard skills are the technical know-how you need to complete a job, such as data analysis or HTML. You can include hard skills in your core competencies section.
Soft skills are harder to quantify, so they require more information to explain your aptitude. Some top soft skill examples include communication, problem solving, and emotional intelligence. Use several examples of how you use your key soft skills throughout your work history, profile summary, and resume title.
Writing Your Real Estate Broker Experience Section
Your Work Experience section should make up the bulk of your resume. This section should include your relevant job titles, companies that employed you, and the dates you were employed.
Most people will finish this section by listing daily duties in short bullet points. Don’t be one of them!
To make your resume stand out, you need to add your accomplishments and key skills to your resume’s Work Experience section.
Here are three tips from our experts:
- Use the STAR method to describe a situation, task, action, and result. This is adapted from a behavioral interview technique, so interviewers will recognize the format. it’s also a great chance for you to organize your key accomplishments.
- Don’t forget about LinkedIn! The majority of employers are going to look you up on LinkedIn, so it’s smart to make sure your LInkedIn profile is up to date and include your URL in your resume’s contact section.
- Always include a cover letter. Not everyone will bother, so it helps you look like a serious job applicant. It’s also your chance to introduce yourself: who you are, why you’re applying for this job, and how you want to proceed.
And let’s wrap it all up!
We wish you the best of luck for your job hunt, and don’t forget to check out our Cover Letter Tips!
Didn’t get the specific answers you wanted from this page? Please leave a comment with your question or visit Zipjob on Facebook, Twitter, or LinkedIn to ask. And if you really liked the sample, don’t forget to pin it on Pinterest!
Your download has started!
Professional Resume Services
Land 2x More Interviews…Guaranteed!