Samples & How to Guide
Restaurant Host Resume Example & Guide
- Restaurant Host Resume Sample
- Free Downloadable Template
- Tips on how to write the perfect Restaurant Host resume
Zipjob is a member of:
A Restaurant Host greets and seats guests in dining facilities. Below is a general job description:
Many different categories of restaurant employ host and hostesses. Typical job responsibilities of a restaurant host or hostess include greeting and welcoming the customer upon entry to the restaurant, as well as seating customers at the first available table and keeping an accurate and organized waiting list. They also must give customers an accurate expectation of how long they will wait to be seated.
You should never use a creative resume
Many job seekers think that an eye-catching resume template will help them stand out to hiring managers and increase their chances of landing an interview. This is a myth put out by resume builders that value design over content.
The truth is that most hiring managers prefer a traditional resume format.
Creative resume templates, like the one pictured here, can actually hurt your chances of landing an interview. Instead, you should use a basic resume format that quickly communicates your basic information and qualifications–like the one included below.
Restaurant Host Resume Example
How confident are you feeling about your resume? If you need more help, you can always refer to the following resume sample for a position.
Want to land 2-3x more interviews… guaranteed?
Restaurant Host Resume (Text Format)
City, State or Country if international
Phone | Email
Restaurant Host Professional
A dynamic, results-oriented Restaurant Host and offering focused leadership to drive sales and profitability in highly competitive markets. Noted for outstanding communications skills, both with guests and staff; ability to resolve problems quickly and equitably to ensure satisfied customers and happy employees. Consistently achieve performance goals through enthusiasm, tenacity and initiative. Manager with the ability to motivate staff members and turn under-producing teams into record-breaking units. Well organized with a track record that demonstrates self-motivation, perseverance and the creativity to achieve both personal and corporate goals.
- Team Building
- Cost Containment
- Staff Training
- Safety Management
- Guest Relations
- Customer Service
- Quality Assurance
- Loss Prevention
- Answered an average of 60 calls per day on multi-line phone system.
- Addressed guest inquiries and issues, solved problems and provided product
- Greeted guests walking in the door and ascertained guests needs.
- Provided an elevated guest experience to generate a loyal clientele.
- Organized reservations and walk-in parties to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Maintained constant communication between management and all other employees to provide smooth operations in an extreme high volume environment.
- Delivered a highly professional, courteous, and genuine personality and attitude toward guests and co-workers to increase an enjoyable atmosphere.
- Responsible for the coordination, contracting and facilitation of private events including weddings, business meetings, and social events to ensure optimal customer satisfaction and customer service experiences.
- Responsible for the supervision and training of the hostess team to ensure customer service needs and clientele requests are appropriately accommodated.
- Organized and distributed special occasion cards to customers celebrating special events to ensure a unique and personal experience.
- Cultivated relationships with local businesses at off-site events and functions to enhance networking opportunities.
- Coordinated and supervised shifts by organizing employee floor plans and tracking reservation statistics to manage daily operations.
- Developed and facilitated new marketing techniques to ensure guest retention.
- Managed in-person and telephone guest inquiries, customer service requests, and reservation bookings.
Complete School Name, City, St/Country: List Graduation Years If Within the Last Ten Years
Complete Degree Name (Candidate) – Major (GPA: List if over 3.3)
- Relevant Coursework: List coursework taken (even include those you are planning on taking)
- Awards/Honors: List any awards, honors or big achievements
- Clubs/Activities: List clubs and activities in which you participated
- Relevant Projects: List 2-3 projects you have worked on
Everything You Need To Write Your Restaurant Host Resume
Now that you’ve seen an example of a job winning Restaurant Host resume, here are some tips to help you write your own. You should always begin with a summary section. Remember to use basic formatting with clear section headings and a traditional layout. Finally, be sure to include top skills throughout your resume. We’ve included several examples common for Restaurant Host below.
Let’s start with your resume summary section.
Summary for a Restaurant Host Resume
The resume summary replaces the out-of-date resume objective. A summary outlines the most impressive parts of your resume for easy recall by your potential employer, while also serving to fill in personal qualities that may not appear elsewhere on the page. Remember that summaries are short and consist of pithy sentence fragments! You can check out the Restaurant Host resume example for more information!
Always start with your most recent positions at the top of your resume. This is called reverse-chronological format, and keeps your most relevant information easy for hiring managers to review.
Formatting a Restaurant Host Resume
Our experts recommend you start your resume with a resume summary, like the one above. Other common sections are Work Experience, Education, and either Skills or Core Competencies. Here are some guides from our blog to help you write these sections:
- How To Write Your Resume’s Work Experience Section
- How To Write Your Resume’s Education Section
- Good Skills To Put On Your Resume
Other sections for you to consider including are foreign language skills, awards and honors, certifications, and speaking engagements. These could all be relevant sections for your resume.
Restaurant Host Skills for a Resume
Your resume should include all your skills that are relevant to your target job. Skills include both hard skills and soft skills. Hard skills are the technical know-how you need to complete a job, such as computing programing or Kronos. Soft skills are harder to quantify. Some examples include communication, problem solving, and emotional intelligence.
You can include hard skills in your core competencies section. However, soft skills require more information to help employers gauge your aptitude. Use several examples of how you use your key soft skills throughout your work history, profile summary, and resume title.
Writing Your Restaurant Host Experience Section
Your Work Experience section should make up the bulk of your resume. This section should include your relevant job titles, companies that employed you, and the dates you were employed. Most people will finish this section by listing daily duties in short bullet points. Don’t be one of them!
To help your resume stand out, you need to add your accomplishments and key skills to your resume’s Work Experience. Here are three tips:
- Use the STAR method to describe a situation, task, action, and result. This is a common behavioral interview question, so it’s an impressive way to answer interview questions preemptively.
- Limit yourself to between four and six bullet points for each position. This will help you include only the most relevant information!
- Make small edits to your resume every time you apply for a job. In the resume writing world, this is called tailoring your resume. Make sure your skills and experience are the answer to every job description.
And let’s wrap it all up!
We wish you the best of luck for your job hunt, and don’t forget to check out our Cover Letter Tips!
Didn’t get the specific answers you wanted from this page? Please leave a comment with your question or visit Zipjob on Facebook, Twitter, or LinkedIn to ask. And if you really liked the sample, don’t forget to pin it on Pinterest!
Your download has started!
Professional Resume Services
Land 2x More Interviews…Guaranteed!