A Sales Account Executive manages customer accounts for a company. Here is a general job description for a Sales Account Executive:
Sales account executives are responsible for maintaining and managing customer accounts. Their main goal is to solicit and acquire new business for a company. Depending on their company, sales account executives may focus either on generating new business or managing and retaining the existing customer base.Payscale
If this is the kind of job you want or you have, you’re in the right place! We have a resume example for you and three tips from our professional resume writers below.
Sales Account Executive Resume Example
💡ZipTip: view 200+ more professional resume samples for all industries, along with a guide to writing resumes from our experts.
Sales Account Executive Resume (text version)
email | www.linkedin.com/in/ | phone number
Sales Account Executive
Account Management | Relationship Management | Prospecting
Revenue-driven, goal-oriented, bilingual Sales Account Executive highly regarded for innovating and executing new sales programs and promotional strategies that improve overall company performance. Proven track record of expertly managing multi-unit operations while integrating new technologies to automate and enhance the efficiency of daily functions. Known for crafting engaging and creative ads, magazine features, social media posts, and other marketing collateral that increase market share and brand awareness. Out-of-the-box thinker recognized for building and leading teams that consistently achieve all quality and revenue goals.
- Sales Management
- Business Development
- Consultative Selling
- Strategic Selling
Sales Account Executive | ZipJob | New York City, NY
Year – Present
- Oversee all staff training, operations, and stock management duties; contribute to hiring and onboarding processes.
- Regularly interact with XX+ sales representatives and account managers across all outlets to understand consumer demands, market needs, and target demographics for different products
- Train in various areas with department heads, including wholesale purchasing, development, and categorization of products, administration, human resources, and dispatch processes.
- Simplify organizational system for inventory in retail outlets holding XX+ unique items.
- Modernize and optimize inventory management across all facilities.
- Introduce expanded item details to inventory database, including category, supplier code, total number of pieces, currency of purchase, and purchase price.
- Increase efficiency of product dispatch process between warehouses and retail outlets by XX%, employing an expedited and cost-effective method.
- Produce sales targets and communicate goals to team members.
Sales Representative | ZipJob | New York City, NY
Year – Present
- Increased sales over XX%, working directly with clients to develop rapport, build sales based on needs and desires, and close deals promptly.
- Exceeded all personal and corporate sales quotas on a continuous basis.
- Worked comfortably in multi-branded environments
Bachelor of Science in Marketing | New York University
Sales Certification | School
Bonus: free resume template
ZipJob now offers a resume template you can download. The template is set up with an easy to read layout like the example above: clear section headings, modern font, and follows a reverse-chronological resume format (preferred by both hiring managers and ATS scans).
How to write a Sales Account Executive resume: 3 tips
Use soft skills throughout your resume
Strong job applicants should have a mix of hard skills and soft skills. Soft skills include collaboration, communication, emotional intelligence, and creativity. Instead of listing these within a skills section, you should use examples of how you have used soft skills in your work history. For example:
- Collaborated with sales and product development teams to design, implement, and oversee new marketing campaign
- Solved ongoing problem with tracking shipments by implementing an Excel sheet system that automatically updated when shipments left the warehouse
- Communicated effectively with internal and external stakeholders throughout 6 month project, providing weekly email updates and a wrap up presentation with key points, results, and future plans
Only include 10 to 15 years of experience
You should keep your resume’s work experience limited to the last 10 or 15 years. There are two reasons for this:
- It keeps your resume focused on your most recent experience
- It keeps your resume focused on your most relevant experience
In most cases, the jobs you held more than 15 years ago will not help you land a job. Either you have done similar tasks more recently, in which case you don’t need to repeat yourself. On the other hand, you may have changed careers since then, making your previous experience confusing and irrelevant.
For more about relevant work experience, head over to this article next: What Does Relevant Work Experience Mean On A Resume?
Have a clear career target
As you could see from the job description, there are many kinds of professionals in this field. When updating your own resume, you’ll want to make sure your experience is as relevant as possible. The best way to do this is to have a clear career target. Then, write your resume with that goal in mind.
ZipTip: Give every line a second look and think “would an employer care about this experience?” If the answer is no, take it off your resume!
Having a great resume will help you land your next job as a Sales Account Executive. Use this example as a guide to what kind of skills and experience employers are looking for in this field.
Still have questions? Comment below or hire your own resume writer. Zipjob has over 100 professional resume writers with experience in all industries, ready to help you create your best resume. Look at our new executive resume writing services or click below to see our regular services: