A Sales Consultant interacts with prospective customers to bring in new business. Here is a general job description for a Sales Consultant:
A sales consultant is responsible for finding customers who would purchase their company’s products. A sales consultant often has to meet with clients, both in and out of the office; usually they will be assigned a certain territory in which they will travel. The sales consultant must be very familiar with a company’s products and their features to explain the features to the customer and why the customer needs them, and to help train the customers in their use.Payscale
If this is the kind of job you want or you have, you’re in the right place! We have a resume example for you and three tips from our professional resume writers below.
Sales Consultant Resume Example
💡ZipTip: view 200+ more professional resume samples for all industries, along with a guide to writing resumes from our experts.
Sales Consultant Resume (text version)
email | www.linkedin.com/in/ | phone number
Prospecting | Selling Techniques | Revenue Generation
Accomplished, results-oriented bilingual/multilingual Sales Consultant with proven ability to generate revenue through prospecting, customer relationship management, negotiations, and selling strategies. Motivated professional who drives new business by establishing strong alliances with clients and industry leaders to increase market share. Cross-collaborate with multiple business units to achieve record-breaking growth opportunities. Well-organized, demonstrating self-motivation, perseverance, and the creativity to accomplish both personal and corporate goals.
- Sales Presentations
- Quality Assurance
- Market Penetration
Sales Consultant | ZipJob | New York City, NY Year – Present
- Prospected clientele, conducted negotiations, and developed referrals with diligent follow-up.
- Created client appreciation programs resulting in a XX% customer satisfaction score.
- Consistently surpassed sales targets and exceeded specified revenue goals.
- Ranked among the Top 100 regionally out of more than XX Sales Consultants.
- Introduced products, explained features and benefits, and provided additional services to clients.
- Researched and identified competitors’ products, services, promotions, and sales strategies.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the sales cycle by creating client satisfaction and referrals.
- Applied outside marketing strategies such as designing flyers, a Facebook page, and targeting a certain customer base to increase revenue.
- Respond to client requests in a timely fashion, ensuring customer loyalty.
- Maintain impeccable personal standards that make the client feel welcome and comfortable.
- Ensure uncompromising adherence to integrity to ensure client safety and satisfaction.
- Develop a personal rapport with clients that reinforces their decision to use the brand and develop referrals.
- Obtained deposits and balance of payment from clients.
- Prepared and submitted sales contracts for orders.
- Visited clients and potential clients to evaluate needs or promote products and services.
- Maintained client records.
- Answered client questions about credit terms, products, prices, and availability.
Bachelor of Science in Marketing | New York University
Bonus: free resume template
ZipJob now offers a resume template you can download. The template is set up with an easy to read layout like the example above: clear section headings, modern font, and follows a reverse-chronological resume format (preferred by both hiring managers and ATS scans).
How to write a Sales Consultant resume: 3 tips
Soft skills help leaders stand out
When applying for a leadership position, be sure to include examples of your soft skills throughout your resume. Your resume should include specific examples of how you have motivated, encouraged, supported, and taught people to accomplish a result.
Here are some examples:
- Hired and trained team of 10 sales reps; by focusing on more empathic communication, sales increased 64% in 2018
- Supported newly remote team of 4 software engineers by providing resources, support, and tools needed to accomplish their goals
- Organized and motivated a team of 16 volunteers for a two-day fundraising event that earned 4k+ for cancer research
💡ZipTip: some resume writing services specialize in resumes for executives. Check out our list of the top executive resume services for 2021!
Group your short term projects together
If your work experience includes several short term projects–as many freelance and contract workers do–our experts recommend you group the related projects under one job title. This reduces the impression of job hopping, especially when your work experience is related.
For the job title, it’s best to keep it brief and descriptive. Consider the following suggestions:
- Freelance Graphic Designer
- Content Specialist for Online Retail
- Data Entry Assistant
- Marketing Copywriter
- Customer Service Rep (remote)
Do you have any numbers on your resume?
Since resumes are mostly text, using numbers can be an easy and powerful way to get your accomplishments to stand out. Adding metrics, percentages, and quantities to your resume will help translate your past experience into future value to your employers!
The best places to include numbers are often within your work experience, especially when talking about groups of people or things. You can specify how many people you worked with, or how many tasks you completed, or even how long it took to to finish something. Also look for words like “several” or “some” and see if you can use a number there instead.
Even if you don’t know the exact number, it’s more valuable to guess than to leave it vague.
Having a great resume will help you land your next job as a Sales Consultant. Use this example as a guide to what kind of skills and experience employers are looking for in this field.
Still have questions? Comment below or hire your own resume writer. Zipjob has over 100 professional resume writers with experience in all industries, ready to help you create your best resume. Click below to see our services: