A Sales Executive oversees sales and revenue generation. Here is a general job description for a Sales Executive:
A senior sales executive typically has a strong sales management background, a proven track record of success in sales, and skills with executive leadership. It is vital that a senior sales executive is able to identify new markets or client prospects and also strengthen relationships with existing clients. A senior sales executive provides leadership to the sales team and fosters innovative solutions to market demands. They also must be capable of contributing to a sales team by staying educated on the products, competitors, and the market in general. Also, they need to be able to analyze and summarize sales-related data and translate that data into strategies that help the development of a product line or sales strategy.
A senior sales executive generally must have a network of business contacts in mid- and senior-level management positions and a history of working with these individuals to meet business needs. Familiarity with sales tools and methods, customer relations, and product development are all important for a senior sales executive, as is a background of sales success.Payscale
If this is the kind of job you want or you have, you’re in the right place! We have a resume example for you and three tips from our professional resume writers below.
Sales Executive Resume Example
💡ZipTip: view 200+ more professional resume samples for all industries, along with a guide to writing resumes from our experts.
Sales Executive Resume (text version)
email | www.linkedin.com/in/ | phone number
Operations Management | Community Relations | Relationship Building
Revenue-driven, goal-oriented, bilingual Sales Executive highly regarded for innovating and executing new sales programs and promotional strategies that improve overall company performance. Proven track record of expertly managing multi-unit operations while integrating new technologies to automate and enhance the efficiency of daily functions. Known for crafting engaging and creative ads, magazine features, social media posts, and other marketing collateral that increase market share and brand awareness. Out-of-the-box thinker recognized for building and leading teams that consistently achieve all quality and revenue goals.
- Retail Operations
- Selling Techniques
- Strategic Marketing
- Technology Integration
- Team Leadership
- New Business
- Customer Service
Sales Executive | ZipJob | New York City, NY Year – Present
- Generated leads through cold-calling, networking, and advertising.
- Exceeded personal and corporate sales goals.
- Negotiated all contracts with prospective clients.
- Helped determine pricing schedules for quotes, promotions, and negotiations.
- Prepared weekly and monthly reports.
- Gave sales presentations to a range of prospective clients.
- Coordinated sales efforts with marketing programs.
- Understood and promoted company programs.
- Obtained deposits and balance of payment from clients.
- Prepared and submitted sales contracts for orders.
- Visited clients and potential clients to evaluate needs or promote products and services.
- Maintained client records.
- Answered client questions about credit terms, products, prices, and availability.
Sales Associate | ZipJob | New York City, NY Year – Present
- Trained and mentored XX new associates.
- Maximized profitability through superior customer service, effective and prompt communication, and follow-up on all pending matters with the customer.
- Utilized superior communications skills to motivate staff and develop effective working relationships with peers, executives, and clients.
- Delivered unsurpassed customer service, ensuring client loyalty.
- Complied with all established policies and procedures.
Bachelor of Science in Marketing | New York University
Bonus: free resume template
ZipJob now offers a resume template you can download. The template is set up with an easy to read layout like the example above: clear section headings, modern font, and follows a reverse-chronological resume format (preferred by both hiring managers and ATS scans).
How to write a Sales Executive resume: 3 tips
Soft skills help leaders stand out
When applying for a leadership position, be sure to include examples of your soft skills throughout your resume. Your resume should include specific examples of how you have motivated, encouraged, supported, and taught people to accomplish a result.
Here are some examples:
- Hired and trained team of 10 sales reps; by focusing on more empathic communication, sales increased 64% in 2018
- Supported newly remote team of 4 software engineers by providing resources, support, and tools needed to accomplish their goals
- Organized and motivated a team of 16 volunteers for a two-day fundraising event that earned 4k+ for cancer research
💡ZipTip: some resume writing services specialize in resumes for executives. Check out our list of the top executive resume services for 2021!
Do you have any numbers on your resume?
Since resumes are mostly text, using numbers can be an easy and powerful way to get your accomplishments to stand out. Adding metrics, percentages, and quantities to your resume will help translate your past experience into future value to your employers!
The best places to include numbers are often within your work experience, especially when talking about groups of people or things. You can specify how many people you worked with, or how many tasks you completed, or even how long it took to to finish something. Also look for words like “several” or “some” and see if you can use a number there instead.
Even if you don’t know the exact number, it’s more valuable to guess than to leave it vague.
Have a clear career target
As you could see from the job description, there are many kinds of professionals in this field. When updating your own resume, you’ll want to make sure your experience is as relevant as possible. The best way to do this is to have a clear career target. Then, write your resume with that goal in mind.
ZipTip: Give every line a second look and think “would an employer care about this experience?” If the answer is no, take it off your resume!
Having a great resume will help you land your next job as a Sales Executive. Use this example as a guide to what kind of skills and experience employers are looking for in this field.
Still have questions? Comment below or hire your own resume writer. Zipjob has over 100 professional resume writers with experience in all industries, ready to help you create your best resume. Click below to see our services: