A successful Sales Professional increases sales and revenue for a company. Here is a general job description for a Sales Professional:
Sales associates often work in department stores. They answering customers’ questions, solve product concerns, and sometimes act as cashiers. Sales associates can also work in fields like telemarketing and auto sales. Sales associates often enter sales data into computers, so it is important that associates be comfortable working with computers. Sales associates can either work part-time or full-time, and the hours can vary from business to business. In some cases, associates can have irregular hours. Since sales associates are working directly with people, they should have excellent customer service skills and be able to communicate effectively with people of all personality types. Sales associates need to be punctual, positive, willing to help, outgoing, polite, willing to go “the extra mile” for customers, knowledgeable, able to work on their own, and ready to seek out customers who might need help.Payscale
If this is the kind of job you want or you have, you’re in the right place! We have a resume example for you and three tips from our professional resume writers below.
Sales Professional Resume Example
💡ZipTip: view 200+ more professional resume samples for all industries, along with a guide to writing resumes from our experts.
Sales Professional Resume (text version)
email | www.linkedin.com/in/ | phone number
Client Prospecting | Relationship Building | Competitive Selling
Accomplished, results-oriented bilingual/multilingual Sales Professional with proven ability to generate revenue through prospecting, customer relationship management, negotiations, and selling strategies. Motivated professional who drives new business by establishing strong alliances with clients and industry leaders to increase market share. Cross-collaborate with multiple business units to achieve record-breaking growth opportunities. Well-organized, demonstrating self-motivation, perseverance, and the creativity to accomplish both personal and corporate goals.
- Market Planning
- Business Development
- Sales Presentations
- Market Penetration
- B2B and B2C
- Project Coordination
- Brand Development
Sales Professional ZipJob | New York City, NY Year – Present
- Prospected clientele, conducted negotiations, and developed referrals with diligent follow-up.
- Created client appreciation programs resulting in a XX% customer satisfaction score.
- Consistently surpassed sales targets and exceeded specified revenue goals.
- Ranked among the Top 100 regionally out of more than XX Sales Consultants.
- Introduced products, explained features and benefits, and provided additional services to clients.
- Researched and identified competitors’ products, services, promotions, and sales strategies.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the sales cycle by creating client satisfaction and referrals.
- Applied outside marketing strategies such as designing flyers, a Facebook page, and targeting a certain customer base to increase revenue.
- Respond to client requests in a timely fashion, ensuring customer loyalty.
- Maintain impeccable personal standards that make the client feel welcome and comfortable.
- Ensure uncompromising adherence to integrity to ensure client safety and satisfaction.
- Develop a personal rapport with clients that reinforces their decision to use the brand and develop referrals.
Sales Professional | ZipJob | New York City, NY Year – Present
- Increased sales over XX%, working directly with clients to develop rapport, build sales based on needs and desires, and close deals promptly.
- Exceeded all personal and corporate sales quotas on a continuous basis.
- Worked comfortably in multi-branded environments.
- Provided outstanding and professional customer support resulting in XX% customer satisfaction rating.
Bachelor of Science in Marketing | New York University
Sales Certification | School
Bonus: free resume template
ZipJob now offers a resume template you can download. The template is set up with an easy to read layout like the example above: clear section headings, modern font, and follows a reverse-chronological resume format (preferred by both hiring managers and ATS scans).
How to write a Sales Professional resume: 3 tips
Have a clear career target
As you could see from the job description, there are many kinds of professionals in this field. When updating your own resume, you’ll want to make sure your experience is as relevant as possible. The best way to do this is to have a clear career target. Then, write your resume with that goal in mind.
ZipTip: Give every line a second look and think “would an employer care about this experience?” If the answer is no, take it off your resume!
Maximize your core competencies
Your core competencies, or key skills, are a powerful way to show an ATS scan that you’re a great applicant. This section should change slightly for almost every job you apply for. You want to keep it highly tailored to the job description. For example, if one of your core competencies is customer service but the job description is looking for client communication skills, swap out “customer service” for “client communication.”
To identify the best skills to highlight here, this list of 10 vital skills to put on your resume is a good starting point.
Soft skills help leaders stand out
When applying for a leadership position, be sure to include examples of your soft skills throughout your resume. Your resume should include specific examples of how you have motivated, encouraged, supported, and taught people to accomplish a result.
Here are some examples:
- Hired and trained team of 10 sales reps; by focusing on more empathic communication, sales increased 64% in 2018
- Supported newly remote team of 4 software engineers by providing resources, support, and tools needed to accomplish their goals
- Organized and motivated a team of 16 volunteers for a two-day fundraising event that earned 4k+ for cancer research
Having a great resume will help you land your next job as Sales Professional. Use this example as a guide to what kind of skills and experience employers are looking for in this field.
Still have questions? Comment below or hire your own resume writer. Zipjob has over 100 professional resume writers with experience in all industries, ready to help you create your best resume. Click below to see our services: