Samples & How to Guide
Senior Auditor Resume Example & Guide
- Senior Auditor Resume Sample
- Free Downloadable Template
- Tips on how to write the perfect Senior Auditor resume
Zipjob is a member of:
A Senior Auditor oversees the audit function and those teams tasked with completing auditing. Below is a general job description:
Senior auditors conduct audits for companies to ensure compliance in financial and operational areas. They ensure that businesses operate smoothly and inspect records for cases of waste or fraud. Senior auditors are typically responsible for overseeing the entire auditing process for a company. In large organizations, they may have staff auditors who report directly to them.
You should never use a creative resume
Many job seekers think that an eye-catching resume template will help them stand out to hiring managers and increase their chances of landing an interview. This is a myth put out by resume builders that value design over content.
The truth is that most hiring managers prefer a traditional resume format.
Creative resume templates, like the one pictured here, can actually hurt your chances of landing an interview. Instead, you should use a basic resume format that quickly communicates your basic information and qualifications–like the one included below.
Senior Auditor Resume Example
How confident are you feeling about your resume? If you need more help, you can always refer to the following resume sample for a position.
Want to land 2-3x more interviews… guaranteed?
Senior Auditor Resume (Text Format)
City, State or Country if international
Phone | Email
Senior Auditor Professional
Dedicated Senior Auditor highly regarded for success in organizing and leading internal audits in accordance with the audit plan and leading a team of auditors working on operational, financial and compliance issues. Ensures compliance with internal and external control procedures by examining records, reports, operating practices, regulations, and documentation. Exceptional interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate risks and issues and work with various teams and senior level staff to implement improvements. Completes all projects on time with the highest level of scrutiny and attention to detail to ensure results exceed expectations. Works to establish accountability, transparency, and a culture of continuous improvement in operations and service delivery. Strong leadership skills with experience working in a team environment, able to collaborate with individuals from diverse backgrounds.
- Audit Design
- Team Leadership
- Risk Management
- Financial Analysis
- Compliance and Regulation
- Process Improvement
- Research and Analysis
- Conduct internal control and substantive testing, reviewing results to achieve 100% accuracy in findings.
- Served as a liaison between client management and firm partners, overseeing the successful execution of audit and consulting engagements, from the engagement letter through report issuance, while managing engagement economics.
- Developed and maintained productive working relationships with client management to ensure that needs and expectations were understood and exceeded.
- Drove the prompt resolution of accounting and auditing issues, clearly communicating the resolution to both clients and engagement team members.
- Ensured the effective and efficient execution of the firm’s audit methodology to yield quality audits.
- Led by example in fostering a culture of teamwork, responsibility and integrity.
- Led/conducted comprehensive financial audits, federal/state compliance audits, and established procedures.
- Performed analytical procedures/analyses to detect unusual financial statement relationships.
- Identified and communicated accounting and auditing matters to seniors and managers.
- Consulted with senior leadership and managers to help them adjusting journal entries. Discussed audit findings, risks, opportunities, and recommendations with business and technical staff.
- Coordinated entrance/exit conferences for leadership surrounding the audit and answering any questions of leading training as needed.
Complete School Name, City, St/Country: List Graduation Years If Within the Last Ten Years
Complete Degree Name (Candidate) – Major (GPA: List if over 3.3)
- Relevant Coursework: List coursework taken (even include those you are planning on taking)
- Awards/Honors: List any awards, honors or big achievements
- Clubs/Activities: List clubs and activities in which you participated
- Relevant Projects: List 2-3 projects you have worked on
Everything You Need To Write Your Senior Auditor Resume
Now that you’ve seen an example of a job winning Senior Auditor resume, here are some tips to help you write your own. You should always begin with a summary section. Remember to use basic formatting with clear section headings and a traditional layout. Finally, be sure to include top skills throughout your resume. We’ve included several examples common for Senior Auditor below.
Let’s start with your resume summary section.
Summary for a Senior Auditor Resume
The resume summary replaces the out-of-date resume objective. A summary outlines the most impressive parts of your resume for easy recall by your potential employer, while also serving to fill in personal qualities that may not appear elsewhere on the page. Remember that summaries are short and consist of pithy sentence fragments! You can check out the Senior Auditor resume example for more information!
Effective leadership and executive resumes use soft skills to showcase leadership skills. Your resume should include specific examples of motivating, empowering, or training people to accomplish a result.
Formatting a Senior Auditor Resume
Our experts recommend you start your resume with a resume summary, like the one above. Other common sections are Work Experience, Education, and either Skills or Core Competencies. Here are some guides from our blog to help you write these sections:
- How To Write Your Resume’s Work Experience Section
- How To Write Your Resume’s Education Section
- Good Skills To Put On Your Resume
Other sections for you to consider including are foreign language skills, awards and honors, certifications, and speaking engagements. These could all be relevant sections for your resume.
Senior Auditor Skills for a Resume
Your resume should include all your skills that are relevant to your target job. Skills include both hard skills and soft skills. Hard skills are the technical know-how you need to complete a job, such as data analysis or HTML. You can include hard skills in your core competencies section.
Soft skills are harder to quantify, so they require more information to explain your aptitude. Some top soft skill examples include communication, problem solving, and emotional intelligence. Use several examples of how you use your key soft skills throughout your work history, profile summary, and resume title.
Writing Your Senior Auditor Experience Section
Your Work Experience section should make up the bulk of your resume. This section should include your relevant job titles, companies that employed you, and the dates you were employed.
Most people will finish this section by listing daily duties in short bullet points. Don’t be one of them!
To make your resume stand out, you need to add your accomplishments and key skills to your resume’s Work Experience section.
Here are three tips from our experts:
- Use the STAR method to describe a situation, task, action, and result. This is adapted from a behavioral interview technique, so interviewers will recognize the format. it’s also a great chance for you to organize your key accomplishments.
- Don’t forget about LinkedIn! The majority of employers are going to look you up on LinkedIn, so it’s smart to make sure your LInkedIn profile is up to date and include your URL in your resume’s contact section.
- Always include a cover letter. Not everyone will bother, so it helps you look like a serious job applicant. It’s also your chance to introduce yourself: who you are, why you’re applying for this job, and how you want to proceed.
And let’s wrap it all up!
We wish you the best of luck for your job hunt, and don’t forget to check out our Cover Letter Tips!
Didn’t get the specific answers you wanted from this page? Please leave a comment with your question or visit Zipjob on Facebook, Twitter, or LinkedIn to ask. And if you really liked the sample, don’t forget to pin it on Pinterest!
Your download has started!
Professional Resume Services
Land 2x More Interviews…Guaranteed!