Samples & How to Guide
Social Media Marketer Resume Example & Guide
- Social Media Marketer Resume Sample
- Free Downloadable Template
- Tips on how to write the perfect Social Media Marketer resume
Zipjob is a member of:
A Social Media Marketer manages social media platforms and accounts for branding and marketing purposes. Below is a general job description:
Social media managers are responsible for facilitating social media tasks and communicating with customers and vendors to manage social media pages, profiles, and sites. They also use personal computers to write company statements and respond to questions, concerns, and inquiries.
You should never use a creative resume
Many job seekers think that an eye-catching resume template will help them stand out to hiring managers and increase their chances of landing an interview. This is a myth put out by resume builders that value design over content.
The truth is that most hiring managers prefer a traditional resume format.
Creative resume templates, like the one pictured here, can actually hurt your chances of landing an interview. Instead, you should use a basic resume format that quickly communicates your basic information and qualifications–like the one included below.
Social Media Marketer Resume Example
How confident are you feeling about your resume? If you need more help, you can always refer to the following resume sample for a position.
Want to land 2-3x more interviews… guaranteed?
Social Media Marketer Resume (Text Format)
City, State or Country if international
Phone | Email
Social Media Marketer Professional
A dynamic, motivated, Social Media Marketer with the educational background and proven work ethic to support all aspects of digital marketing and product production. Known for delivering excellent customer service in fast-paced environments, with the skill set to analyze complex information and support all aspects of strategic planning and process improvement. Proven communication, project management, and technical skills. Out-of-the-box thinker who is comfortable working in teams or independently to ensure solutions consistently exceed business goals. Exceptional academic qualifications, including a forthcoming Master of Science in Integrated Marketing from New York University.
- Market Planning
- Production Support
- Customer Service
- Project Management
- Digital Marketing
- Data Analysis
- Relationship Bujilding
- Marketing Coordination
- Team Collaboration
- Increased websites’ organic and referral traffic by XX%.
- Leverage consultative sales strengths to identify opportunities, nurture relationships and close deals
- Contributed in campaign brainstorming meetings, events, rallies and organizational trainings as a representative of the campaign.
- Worked with web development team to ensure all collateral was of the highest quality and all deliverables were posted on time according to a busy campaign schedule.
- Project Manager responsible for ensuring all projects were compeletd on time and chosen to be the key member in constant communication with all key stake-holders
- Provide best practices consulting on major development projects to key clientele, building customized digital strategy packages which best serve their needs
- Generated a custom-tailored client demand questionnaire survey to address needs and support further service customization.
- Organized annual financial vouchers using specialized software like XXXX, XXXX, and XXXX.
- Offered critical contributions across all aspects of project management and financial planning with up to XX employees.
- Strategized ways to optimize marketing campaigns to enrich online presence and drive revenue.
- Formulated effective and robust keyword portfolios.
- Sourced new opportunities and alternative keywords to increase marketing effectiveness.
- Cultivated strategies to maintain the company’s social media presence.
- Educated on how to administer and optimize internet ad accounts and affiliate marketing.
- Created strategic digital marketing campaigns for key clients resulting in record breaking increases in traffic, revenues and overall web exposure.
- Implemented SEO/SEM/PPC programs for clients.
Complete School Name, City, St/Country: List Graduation Years If Within the Last Ten Years
Complete Degree Name (Candidate) – Major (GPA: List if over 3.3)
- Relevant Coursework: List coursework taken (even include those you are planning on taking)
- Awards/Honors: List any awards, honors or big achievements
- Clubs/Activities: List clubs and activities in which you participated
- Relevant Projects: List 2-3 projects you have worked on
Everything You Need To Write Your Social Media Marketer Resume
Now that you’ve seen an example of a job winning Social Media Marketer resume, here are some tips to help you write your own. You should always begin with a summary section. Remember to use basic formatting with clear section headings and a traditional layout. Finally, be sure to include top skills throughout your resume. We’ve included several examples common for Social Media Marketer below.
Let’s start with your resume summary section.
Summary for a Social Media Marketer Resume
The resume summary replaces the out-of-date resume objective. A summary outlines the most impressive parts of your resume for easy recall by your potential employer, while also serving to fill in personal qualities that may not appear elsewhere on the page. Remember that summaries are short and consist of pithy sentence fragments! You can check out the Social Media Marketer resume example for more information!
Our team of career experts, hiring managers, and Fortune 500 recruiters recommend that all technical field resumes include a technical skills section. This section specifies the technical tools you’re comfortable with.
Formatting a Social Media Marketer Resume
Our experts recommend you start your resume with a resume summary, like the one above. Other common sections are Work Experience, Education, and either Skills or Core Competencies. Here are some guides from our blog to help you write these sections:
- How To Write Your Resume’s Work Experience Section
- How To Write Your Resume’s Education Section
- Good Skills To Put On Your Resume
Other sections for you to consider including are foreign language skills, awards and honors, certifications, and speaking engagements. These could all be relevant sections for your resume.
Social Media Marketer Skills for a Resume
Your resume should include all your skills that are relevant to your target job. Skills include both hard skills and soft skills. Hard skills are the technical know-how you need to complete a job, such as data analysis or HTML. You can include hard skills in your core competencies section.
Soft skills are harder to quantify, so they require more information to explain your aptitude. Some top soft skill examples include communication, problem solving, and emotional intelligence. Use several examples of how you use your key soft skills throughout your work history, profile summary, and resume title.
Writing Your Social Media Marketer Experience Section
Your Work Experience section should make up the bulk of your resume. This section should include your relevant job titles, companies that employed you, and the dates you were employed.
Most people will finish this section by listing daily duties in short bullet points. Don’t be one of them!
To make your resume stand out, you need to add your accomplishments and key skills to your resume’s Work Experience section.
Here are three tips from our experts:
- Use the STAR method to describe a situation, task, action, and result. This is adapted from a behavioral interview technique, so interviewers will recognize the format. It’s also a great chance for you to organize your key accomplishments.
- Don’t forget about LinkedIn! The majority of employers are going to look you up on LinkedIn, so it’s smart to make sure your LInkedIn profile is up to date and include your URL in your resume’s contact section.
- Include your best 2 to 4 resume bullets on your cover letter. This ties your documents together and underlines your most impressive qualifications.
And let’s wrap it all up!
We wish you the best of luck for your job hunt, and don’t forget to check out our Cover Letter Tips!
Didn’t get the specific answers you wanted from this page? Please leave a comment with your question or visit Zipjob on Facebook, Twitter, or LinkedIn to ask. And if you really liked the sample, don’t forget to pin it on Pinterest!
Your download has started!
Professional Resume Services
Land 2x More Interviews…Guaranteed!