Samples & How to Guide
Team Leader Resume Example & Guide
- Team Leader Resume Sample
- Free Downloadable Template
- Tips on how to write the perfect Team Leader resume
Zipjob is a member of:
A Team Leader oversees a team at a company. They guide, train, and mentor the team members to improve performance. Below is a general team leader job description:
For most companies, the team leader assumes a supervisor’s position, working a wide variety of shifts during a typical week. They oversee many of the day-to-day activities of a business or store. A team leader typically reports to middle and upper management. Most managers use their team leader to gather information about the techniques and working habits of employees that may not work under direction supervision of management staff or work at different times than management staff.
You should never use a creative resume
Many job seekers think that an eye-catching resume template will help them stand out to hiring managers and increase their chances of landing an interview. This is a myth put out by resume builders that value design over content.
The truth is that most hiring managers prefer a traditional resume format.
Creative resume templates, like the one pictured here, can actually hurt your chances of landing an interview. Instead, you should use a basic resume format that quickly communicates your basic information and qualifications–like the one included below.
Team Leader Resume Example
How confident are you feeling about your resume? If you need more help, you can always refer to the following resume sample for a position.
Want to land 2-3x more interviews… guaranteed?
Team Leader Resume (Text Format)
City, State or Country if international
Phone | Email
Team Leader Professional
Results-producing Team Leader demonstrating year-over-year improvements in sales and marketing efforts, customer service ratings and team productivity. Strong and decisive leader with excellent analytical, organizational, team building and planning skills. Maintains an uncompromising focus on high quality standards and bottom-line profit improvement. Effective technical and communication abilities. Excel at turning under-producing individuals into teams that work efficiently and exceed all expectations. Customer service orientated and excellent at performing crisis management and ensuring customer loyalty and increasing bottom line revenues. Managed more than 40+ staff to deliver multi-million dollar projects on time and under budget.
- Customer Service
- Project Management
- Staff Supervision
- Crisis Management
- Operations Management
- Staff Mentoring
- Time Management
- Promoted to positions of increasing authority and responsibility due to my outstanding customer service ratings, team
- Maximize profitability through superior customer service, effective and prompt communication and follow-up on all pending matters with the customer
- Utilize superior communications skills to motivate staff and develop effective working relationships with peers, executives and clients
- Managed 40+ employees and developed a team focused on customer service and results
- Handled escalated customer concerns/complaints and devised creative solutions to ensure customer loyalty
- Monitored phone activity to assure each member was providing top service and working to their potential
- Coached and developed customer service representatives to meet and maintain company goals
- Organized staff meetings in regards to new products and procedures
- Generated daily, monthly and annual sales reports
- Increased revenues and customer service by developing a team focused on providing top level service and ensuring each customer had an enjoyable visit
- Hired and mentored new employees
- Developed strategic marketing plans to increase revenues
- Interfaced with vendors to decrease overall operations costs and increase net profits
Complete School Name, City, St/Country: List Graduation Years If Within the Last Ten Years
Complete Degree Name (Candidate) – Major (GPA: List if over 3.3)
- Relevant Coursework: List coursework taken (even include those you are planning on taking)
- Awards/Honors: List any awards, honors or big achievements
- Clubs/Activities: List clubs and activities in which you participated
- Relevant Projects: List 2-3 projects you have worked on
Everything You Need To Write Your Team Leader Resume
Now that you’ve seen an example of a job winning Team Leader resume, here are some tips to help you write your own. You should always begin with a summary section. Remember to use basic formatting with clear section headings and a traditional layout. Finally, be sure to include top skills throughout your resume. We’ve included several examples common for Team Leader below.
Let’s start with your resume summary section.
Summary for a Team Leader Resume
The resume summary replaces the out-of-date resume objective. A summary outlines the most impressive parts of your resume for easy recall by your potential employer, while also serving to fill in personal qualities that may not appear elsewhere on the page. Remember that summaries are short and consist of pithy sentence fragments! You can check out the Team Leader resume example for more information!
Since resumes are mostly text, numbers really stand out to a hiring manager. Adding metrics, percentages, and quantities to your resume will help translate your past experience into future value.
Formatting a Team Leader Resume
Our experts recommend you start your resume with a resume summary, like the one above. Other common sections are Work Experience, Education, and either Skills or Core Competencies. Here are some guides from our blog to help you write these sections:
- How To Write Your Resume’s Work Experience Section
- How To Write Your Resume’s Education Section
- Good Skills To Put On Your Resume
Other sections for you to consider including are foreign language skills, awards and honors, certifications, and speaking engagements. These could all be relevant sections for your resume.
Team Leader Skills for a Resume
Your resume should include all your skills that are relevant to your target job. Skills include both hard skills and soft skills. Hard skills are the technical know-how you need to complete a job, such as data analysis or HTML. You can include hard skills in your core competencies section.
Soft skills are harder to quantify, so they require more information to explain your aptitude. Some top soft skill examples include communication, problem solving, and emotional intelligence. Use several examples of how you use your key soft skills throughout your work history, profile summary, and resume title.
Writing Your Team Leader Experience Section
Your Work Experience section should make up the bulk of your resume. This section should include your relevant job titles, companies that employed you, and the dates you were employed.
Most people will finish this section by listing daily duties in short bullet points. Don’t be one of them!
To make your resume stand out, you need to add your accomplishments and key skills to your resume’s Work Experience section.
Here are three tips from our experts:
- Use the STAR method to describe a situation, task, action, and result. This is adapted from a behavioral interview technique, so interviewers will recognize the format. it’s also a great chance for you to organize your key accomplishments.
- Don’t forget about LinkedIn! The majority of employers are going to look you up on LinkedIn, so it’s smart to make sure your LInkedIn profile is up to date and include your URL in your resume’s contact section.
- Always include a cover letter. Not everyone will bother, so it helps you look like a serious job applicant. It’s also your chance to introduce yourself: who you are, why you’re applying for this job, and how you want to proceed.
And let’s wrap it all up!
We wish you the best of luck for your job hunt, and don’t forget to check out our Cover Letter Tips!
Didn’t get the specific answers you wanted from this page? Please leave a comment with your question or visit Zipjob on Facebook, Twitter, or LinkedIn to ask. And if you really liked the sample, don’t forget to pin it on Pinterest!
Your download has started!
Professional Resume Services
Land 2x More Interviews…Guaranteed!