A Visual Designer designs creatives for projects, companies, and individuals. Below is a general job description:
A visual designer designs for a variety of platforms, which may include Internet and intranet sites, games, movies, kiosks and wearables. In short, they create the concepts, artwork and layouts for digital projects based on creative briefs and client meetings. Visual designer duties are often industry- or project-specific, therefore job descriptions frequently call for knowledge of a particular business sector. Individual companies may also prefer for candidates to have B‑to‑B, B‑to‑C or marketing expertise in a certain area.RobertHalf
If this is the kind of job you want or you have, you’re in the right place! We have a resume example for you and three tips from our professional resume writers below.
Visual Designer Resume Example
💡ZipTip: view 200+ more professional resume samples for all industries, along with a guide to writing resumes from our experts.
Painter Resume (text version)
email | www.linkedin.com/in/ | phone number
Highly accomplished Visual Manager with over 10 years of experience and a proven track record of improving the design, production and greatly increasing showroom traffic for industry leaders. Creative Director responsible for designing, fabricating and innovatively creating customized displays for high end establishments as well as The Radio City Christmas Spectacular show. Strong tenure with a proven track record of improving numerous initiatives, managing several projects with stringent deadlines at once and producing top quality results. Additional expertise providing exceptional customer service to greatly improve vendor and customer relations to increase bottom line revenues.
- Visual Display Creation
- Showroom Management
- Project Management
- Prop Fabrications
- Creative Direction
- Client Relations
- Team Leadership
- Operations Management
Visual Designer | ZipJob | New York City, NY
Year – Present
- Creatively maintain the showroom and ensure it is consistently inviting to increase revenues and clients
- Provide exceptional customer service while serving as the first point of contact for all walk in clients.
- Responsible for the accurate creation of purchase orders, invoicing and additionally coordinate with accounts payable ensure all payments are received in a timely manner.
- Ensure accurate operations by initiating supply orders, scheduling meetings, arranging travel and coordinating key showroom events.
Visual Designer | ZipJob | New York City, NY
Year – Present
- Responsible for the direct management of high-profile projects relating to Superior Model Form.
- Collaborate within a team to ensure the innovative design and development of new products including dress forms, mannequins, table top display products and numerous other areas
- Provide exceptional customer service to exceed all corporate and personal revenue targets
- Key player in the development of a strong, worldwide clientele base resulting in record levels of revenues and service as the first point of contact for all new clientele.
- Spearhead innovative and creative marketing and PR campaigns – able to increase brand recognition and gain valuable market share in additional areas due to strong digital and social media campaigns relating to Superior Model Form.
- Ensure smooth operations by serving as the primary liaison between all vendors, the factory and the corporate office.
- Responsible for the management of inventory and budgeting as well as warehouse supervision
Bachelor of Science | New York University
Certification | School
Bonus: free resume template
ZipJob now offers a resume template you can download. The template is set up with an easy to read layout like the example above: clear section headings, modern font, and follows a reverse-chronological resume format (preferred by both hiring managers and ATS scans).
How to write a Visual Designer resume: 3 tips
Link to your online portfolio
For creative professionals like photographers and writers, our career experts recommend including a link to your online profile. You can highlight your strongest work samples easily and proactively!
Your portfolio link can either be placed at the top of your resume with your contact information, or at the end of your related work experience.
Freelance advertising copywriter, Sept. 2013 to present
Online portfolio: www.InsertLinkHere.com
Use reverse-chronological format for your work experience
There are three resume formats common in the US and Canada today, but your work experience should always be listed reverse-chronologically. This means you should start with your most recent job at the top of your work experience section. Follow with your previous job under that, and so on.
This way, you’re keeping your most recent experience at the top of your resume. That is where it is most likely to be noticed by hiring managers.
Always add a cover letter
Your cover letter is your chance to start a conversation with your employer. Your resume proves you have the skills and qualifications for the job, but your cover letter invites a further discussion. Whenever possible, use a cover letter to succinctly explain why you’re the perfect fit for the role. You can also highlight your most compelling achievements from your resume–but limit yourself to two or three achievements. Finally, invite the employer to contact you by phone or email.
For more cover letter tips, head over to our guide: What A Good Cover Letter Looks Like
Having a great resume will help you land your next job as a Visual Designer. Use this example as a guide to what kind of skills and experience employers are looking for in this field.
Still have questions? Comment below or hire your own resume writer. Zipjob has over 100 professional resume writers with experience in all industries, ready to help you create your best resume. Click below to see our services: