Samples & How to Guide
Activities Director Resume Example & Guide
- Activities Director Resume Sample
- Free Downloadable Template
- Tips on how to write the perfect Activities Director resume
Zipjob is a member of:
An Activities Director arranges and manages activities for a facility to ensure participants have a good time. Below is a general Activities Director job description:
Activities directors manage the activities within their organization on a day-to-day basis. These directors are usually hired by businesses or communities with a large population and various activities that must be managed. This work may be on a relatively small scale – as for a church activities director – or a relatively large scale – as for the activities director for a large healthcare center.
You should never use a creative resume
Many job seekers think that an eye-catching resume template will help them stand out to hiring managers and increase their chances of landing an interview. This is a myth put out by resume builders that value design over content.
The truth is that most hiring managers prefer a traditional resume format.
Creative resume templates, like the one pictured here, can actually hurt your chances of landing an interview. Instead, you should use a basic resume format that quickly communicates your basic information and qualifications–like the one included below.
Activities Director Resume Example
How confident are you feeling about your resume? If you need more help, you can always refer to the following resume sample for a position.
Want to land 2-3x more interviews… guaranteed?
Activities Director Resume (Text Format)
City, State or Country if international
Phone | Email
Activities Director Professional
An accomplished, performance-driven, bilingual/multilingual Activities Director with key skills in coordination and execution. Well versed in program management, social activities, and project management. Proven abilities in community outreach, communications, consulting, and presentation delivery. Able to remain calm in a fast-paced environment.
- Activities Leadership
- Staff Management
- Family Collaboration
- Care Plans
- Resident Interaction
- Social Activities
- Project Coordination
- Managed and supervised the activity staff to ensured programs was performed successfully
- Assessed new residents/patients to develop care plans and ensured plans was executed
- Organized social activities for the enjoyment, intellectual stimulation and psychological well-being of residents and patients
- Communicated with families to discuss their loved one’s status and created engaging activities for these individuals
- Prepared weekly schedules for staff
- Responsible for the well-being of residents with mild and advanced memory loss
- Mentored and trained care managers to participate in activities
- Built strong relationships with family members of residents
- Supervised and recruited volunteers
- Participated in marketing with emphasis on family and community involvement
- Developed relations with a variety of youth groups being regular visitors
- Assisted in opening a brand new facility while establishing and building the activity program.
- Managed two activity assistants while building rapport with the residents and learning their capabilities and encouraging them to reach their greatest potentials.
- Responsible for monthly activity calendar.
- Created a facility news program, which allowed family members to remain updated on their loved one’s activities, accessible anytime online.
- Planned and organized recreational activities in order to create friendly atmosphere for residents
- Executed daily operations of activity programs
- Greeted new residents and introduced them to other residents
- Wrote, designed and decorated monthly calendars and newsletters
Complete School Name, City, St/Country: List Graduation Years If Within the Last Ten Years
Complete Degree Name (Candidate) – Major (GPA: List if over 3.3)
- Relevant Coursework: List coursework taken (even include those you are planning on taking)
- Awards/Honors: List any awards, honors or big achievements
- Clubs/Activities: List clubs and activities in which you participated
- Relevant Projects: List 2-3 projects you have worked on
Everything You Need To Write Your Activities Director Resume
Now that you’ve seen an example of a job winning Activities Director resume, here are some tips to help you write your own. You should always begin with a summary section. Remember to use basic formatting with clear section headings and a traditional layout. Finally, be sure to include top skills throughout your resume. We’ve included several examples common for Activities Director below.
Let’s start with your resume summary section.
Summary for an Activities Director Resume
The resume summary replaces the out-of-date resume objective. A summary outlines the most impressive parts of your resume for easy recall by your potential employer, while also serving to fill in personal qualities that may not appear elsewhere on the page. Remember that summaries are short and consist of pithy sentence fragments! You can check out the Activities Director resume example for more information!
Since resumes are mostly text, numbers really stand out to a hiring manager. Adding metrics, percentages, and quantities to your resume will help translate your past experience into future value.
Formatting an Activities Director Resume
Our experts recommend you start your resume with a resume summary, like the one above. Other common sections are Work Experience, Education, and either Skills or Core Competencies. Here are some guides from our blog to help you write these sections:
- How To Write Your Resume’s Work Experience Section
- How To Write Your Resume’s Education Section
- Good Skills To Put On Your Resume
Other sections for you to consider including are foreign language skills, awards and honors, certifications, and speaking engagements. These could all be relevant sections for your resume.
Activities Director Skills for a Resume
Your resume should include all your skills that are relevant to your target job. Skills include both hard skills and soft skills. Hard skills are the technical know-how you need to complete a job, such as data analysis or HTML. You can include hard skills in your core competencies section.
Soft skills are harder to quantify, so they require more information to explain your aptitude. Some top soft skill examples include communication, problem solving, and emotional intelligence. Use several examples of how you use your key soft skills throughout your work history, profile summary, and resume title.
Writing Your Activities Director Experience Section
Your Work Experience section should make up the bulk of your resume. This section should include your relevant job titles, companies that employed you, and the dates you were employed.
Most people will finish this section by listing daily duties in short bullet points. Don’t be one of them!
To make your resume stand out, you need to add your accomplishments and key skills to your resume’s Work Experience section.
Here are three tips from our experts:
- Use the STAR method to describe a situation, task, action, and result. This is adapted from a behavioral interview technique, so interviewers will recognize the format. it’s also a great chance for you to organize your key accomplishments.
- Don’t forget about LinkedIn! The majority of employers are going to look you up on LinkedIn, so it’s smart to make sure your LInkedIn profile is up to date and include your URL in your resume’s contact section.
- Always include a cover letter. Not everyone will bother, so it helps you look like a serious job applicant. It’s also your chance to introduce yourself: who you are, why you’re applying for this job, and how you want to proceed.
And let’s wrap it all up!
We wish you the best of luck for your job hunt, and don’t forget to check out our Cover Letter Tips!
Didn’t get the specific answers you wanted from this page? Please leave a comment with your question or visit Zipjob on Facebook, Twitter, or LinkedIn to ask. And if you really liked the sample, don’t forget to pin it on Pinterest!
Your download has started!
Professional Resume Services
Land 2x More Interviews…Guaranteed!