An Analytical Chemist analyzes chemical makeups of a variety of products while serving as specialized Scientists. Here is a general job description for an Analytical Scientist:
Analytical chemists are specialized scientists who work to determine the chemical makeup of a variety of substances, both organic and inorganic. They must not only determine what chemical compounds and molecules are contained in a piece of matter, but also the quantities of those chemicals relative to others to discover chemical impurities, analyze unknown samples, and maintain quality control for specific chemical substances and medicines.Payscale
If this is the kind of job you want or you have, you’re in the right place! We have a resume example for you based on Analytical Chemist job descriptions, as well as three tips from our professional resume writers.
Analytical Chemist Resume Example
Analytical Chemist Resume (text version)
email | www.linkedin.com/in/ | phone number
Product Analysis | Team Leadership | Food Chemistry
Multilingual Analytical Chemist with a solid Engineering and Chemistry background in addition to a passion and knowledge within product development. Extensive educational and hands-on research experience with numerous techniques and excels in environments that expect a high level of dedication and project management. Achieved a PhD in Chemistry and a B.S. in Chemistry, both with the highest honors. Passion for research, data manipulation along with strong critical thinking and project development skills. Excellent team building, interpersonal and motivational skills. Exceptional wit oral and written presentations skills with experience presenting at numerous conferences.
- Business Analysis
- Solid/Liquid Formulations
- Quality Control
- Food Chemistry
- Project Management
Analytical Chemist | ZipJob | New York City, NY
Year – Present
- Conducting effective research and analysis on drug samples or formulations from various sources using wide range of analytical techniques, software and equipment as well as Worked collaboratively with cross-functional teams and performed various analytical techniques to identify physical and chemical properties as well as quality and stability of drugs under different conditions
- Ensured accuracy of testing by following standard instructions and SOPs as well as utilized effective documentation practices, and maintained data integrity while performing experiments
- Assisted in preparing samples for enzyme analysis as well as executing various types of impurities in pharmaceutical products and drug component characterization
- Designed and executed experimental procedures on complex drug samples as well as produced reports documenting samples, test procedures, findings and conclusions
- Performed standardization and maintenance of analytical instruments as well as supervised and provided training to juniors or new chemists on latest equipment and techniques
- providing accurate and complete information about compounds or quantity of compounds present
- Gathering and recording experimental data accurately using specialized software applications as well as interpreting, and reporting results to the concerned authority through presentations or technical documents
- Developing and validating new analytical methods or techniques and refining the existing ones for effectively analyzing drugs and related chemicals
- Using instruments such as high-performance liquid chromatography (HPLC), spectroscopy or ion and electro chromatography for testing raw materials, and final pharmaceutical products as required
Ph.D. in Chemistry | New York University
Bachelor of Science in Chemistry | New York University
Bonus: free resume template
ZipJob now offers a resume template you can download. The template is set up with an easy to read layout like the example above: clear section headings, modern font, and follows a reverse-chronological resume format (preferred by both hiring managers and ATS scans).
How to write an Analytical Chemist resume: 3 tips
Maximize your core competencies
Your core competencies, or key skills, are a powerful way to show an ATS scan that you’re a great applicant. This section should change slightly for almost every job you apply for. You want to keep it highly tailored to the job description. For example, if one of your core competencies is customer service but the job description is looking for client communication skills, swap out “customer service” for “client communication.”
To identify the best skills to highlight here, this list of 10 vital skills to put on your resume is a good starting point.
Use soft skills throughout your resume
Strong job applicants should have a mix of hard skills and soft skills. Soft skills include collaboration, communication, emotional intelligence, and creativity. Instead of listing these within a skills section, you should use examples of how you have used soft skills in your work history. For example:
- Collaborated with sales and product development teams to design, implement, and oversee new marketing campaign
- Solved ongoing problem with tracking shipments by implementing an Excel sheet system that automatically updated when shipments left the warehouse
- Communicated effectively with internal and external stakeholders throughout 6 month project, providing weekly email updates and a wrap up presentation with key points, results, and future plans
Use reverse-chronological format for your work experience
There are three resume formats common in the US and Canada today, but your work experience should always be listed reverse-chronologically. This means you should start with your most recent job at the top of your work experience section. Follow with your previous job under that, and so on.
This way, you’re keeping your most recent experience at the top of your resume. That is where it is most likely to be noticed by hiring managers.
Having a great resume will help you land your next job as an Analytical Chemist. Use this example as a guide to what kind of skills and experience employers are looking for in this field.
Still have questions? Comment below or hire your own resume writer. Zipjob has over 100 professional resume writers with experience in all industries, ready to help you create your best resume. Click below to see our services: