An IT Consultant advises clients on projects and operations related to information technology. Below is a general job description:
Information technology (IT) consultants work for various organizations. Their job is to advise clients on how to use information technology, in order to meet their business objectives effectively and efficiently. They must be able to build and improve their clients’ IT structure. They must be able to analyze and solve various IT problems. They must be familiar with desktop and server issues. They install and troubleshoot clients’ IT hardware and software.Payscale
If this is the kind of job you want or you have, you’re in the right place! We have a resume example for you and three tips from our professional resume writers below.
Automation Tester Resume Example
Automation Tester Resume (text version)
email | www.linkedin.com/in/ | phone number
A detail orientated bilingual/multilingual Test Engineer highly regarded for an ability quickly determine the viability of proposed system / application updates. Substantial experience working within global organizations with up to XX users, and XX locations. Experienced working closely with stakeholders and development teams to ensure successful implementations while meeting tight deadlines. An outside the box thinker who takes a holistic approach to error diagnosis and patching.
Automation Tester | ZipJob | New York City, NY Year – Present
- Utilize extensive quality assurance skills to develop, modify and execute software test plans, including data-specific test cases.
- Efficiently perform functional, regression, GUI and data-driven testing in client server application.
- Expertly evaluate and document test standards and procedures to ensure consistent and thorough software testing.
- Meticulously analyze test results for software fixes and modifications to ensure software exceeds expectations.
- Maintain documentation of test results and create a comprehensive defect report to assist in debugging efforts.
- Consult with developer engineers to resolve defects in a timely manner with strict attention to detail.
- Aligned with business teams to understand and translate business requirements into test requirements.
- Coordinated the translation of requirements and needs into test plans and test scripts.
- Technologies Employed: Provide a comprehensive list of ANY technology, methodology, or significant hardware used in this role.
Bachelor of Arts | Mount Saint Mary College
Activities and Clubs:
Awards and Honors:
Certifications: List all relevant certifications here
Bonus: free resume template
ZipJob now offers a resume template you can download. The template is set up with an easy to read layout like the example above: clear section headings, modern font, and follows a reverse-chronological resume format (preferred by both hiring managers and ATS scans).
How to write an Automation Tester resume: 3 tips
Use reverse-chronological format for your work experience
There are three resume formats common in the US and Canada today, but your work experience should always be listed reverse-chronologically. This means you should start with your most recent job at the top of your work experience section. Follow with your previous job under that, and so on.
This way, you’re keeping your most recent experience at the top of your resume. That is where it is most likely to be noticed by hiring managers.
Maximize your core competencies
Your core competencies, or key skills, are a powerful way to show an ATS scan that you’re a great applicant. This section should change slightly for almost every job you apply for. You want to keep it highly tailored to the job description. For example, if one of your core competencies is customer service but the job description is looking for client communication skills, swap out “customer service” for “client communication.”
To identify the best skills to highlight here, this list of 10 vital skills to put on your resume is a good starting point.
Add a technical skills section
Many people in this field have several technical skills that don’t always fit in a core competencies section, such as software, coding languages, or digital tools. Instead of leaving out your hard-earned skill set, you should add a separate technical skills section for the skills.
Having a great resume will help you land your next job as an Automation Tester. Use this example as a guide to what kind of skills and experience employers are looking for in this field.
Still have questions? Comment below or hire your own resume writer. Zipjob has over 100 professional resume writers with experience in all industries, ready to help you create your best resume. Click below to see our services: