A Patient Care Coordinator oversees patients and care with physicians and other medical professionals. Below is a general job description:
A patient care coordinator works in collaboration with the doctor, clinical nurse specialist (CNS), and treatment team. They formulate, develop, and revise treatment plans. The care coordinator must be able to prioritize and coordinate treatment activities, as well as interview patients and loved ones to gather information for assessments and complete them accurately.
Patient care coordinators prove continuity of care by ensuring a smooth transition between care settings. They develop a relationship and trust with patients to identify each patient’s individual needs. A patient care coordinator must be available to handle concerns with insurance, as well as transfers and any other treatment areas that may arise. Patient care coordinators typically work during regular business hours.Payscale
If this is the kind of job you want or you have, you’re in the right place! We have a resume example for you and three tips from our professional resume writers below.
Patient Care Coordinator Resume Example
💡ZipTip: view 200+ more professional resume samples for all industries, along with a guide to writing resumes from our experts.
Patient Care Coordinator Resume (text version)
email | www.linkedin.com/in/ | phone number
Patient Care Coordinator
Compassionate and dedicated Patient Care Coordinator showcasing 10+ years providing optimal patient within the healthcare sector working as an RN and Coordinator for busy hospitals and prestigious clinics. Committed to providing all patients with outstanding care and support to help their improve quality of life. Expertise developing programs to improve the quality of care, reducing readmissions. Proven ability to collaborate with colleagues to foster a friendly and caring environment. Demonstrated capability as a floor Nurse transiting to an administrative role. Additional leadership skills gained while serving as a Charge Nurse.
- Patient Care Plans
- Physician Collaboration
- Quality Assurance
- Electronic Charting
- Customer Service
Patient Care Coordinator | ZipJob | New York City, NY Year – Present
- Manage and coordinate care for 300 patients, conducting Chronic Pain, Post Hospital and other assessments to prevent hospital readmission. Work one-on-one with patients to evaluate, educate, and motivate in understanding disease process, making lifestyle changes, managing medications & communicating w/ MDs.
- Achieved >90% of clinical goals and consistently generated improved health outcomes by educating and empowering patients in effective at home disease management.
- Earned 105% engagement rate by creating trust and rapport with patients and adopting Information- Motivation-Behavioral (IMB) Model to successfully pinpoint and shift core obstacles to change.
- Reduced hospital readmissions to .01% by using comprehensive process combining clinical, financial, and psychosocial approach to identify trends and early indicators, resolve barriers, and create strategy ensuring appropriate service/resource utilization by chronically ill patients.
- Attained 94% medical record completion rate, 2nd highest on team of 30 nurses, by employing highly effective interviewing techniques and meticulous oversight of reporting processes.
- Identify need for chronic case management, social work, and/or behavioral health care services, making interagency and interdepartmental referrals as necessary.
- Receive 10-15 patient success stories per month chronicling major improvements in health.
- Analyze financial and logistical barriers to at home care and assist patients in resolving
- Building and maintaining a rapport with contracted and non-contracted vendors to negotiate pricing based on state fees and contractual agreements.
- Requesting authorization of DME equipment or medical supplies through the patient’s Workers Comp insurance carrier via phone, fax, or email.
- Supported three department processes and workflows and served as appointed backup support coordinator.
Bachelor of Science in Nursing | New York University
Certification | School
Bonus: free resume template
ZipJob now offers a resume template you can download. The template is set up with an easy to read layout like the example above: clear section headings, modern font, and follows a reverse-chronological resume format (preferred by both hiring managers and ATS scans).
How to write a Patient Care Coordinator resume: 3 tips
Maximize your core competencies
Your core competencies, or key skills, are a powerful way to show an ATS scan that you’re a great applicant. This section should change slightly for almost every job you apply for. You want to keep it highly tailored to the job description. For example, if one of your core competencies is customer service but the job description is looking for client communication skills, swap out “customer service” for “client communication.”
To identify the best skills to highlight here, this list of 10 vital skills to put on your resume is a good starting point.
Don’t forget your volunteer work!
Including a section on your resume for volunteer work is a great way to showcase your experience outside of your professional work history. It’s especially useful for recent graduates, people with resume gaps, and career changers.
As a bonus, more than 41% of employers consider volunteering just as valuable as other work experience. Including your charitable experience is a great way to stand out to employers.
Always add a cover letter
Your cover letter is your chance to start a conversation with your employer. Your resume proves you have the skills and qualifications for the job, but your cover letter invites a further discussion. Whenever possible, use a cover letter to succinctly explain why you’re the perfect fit for the role. You can also highlight your most compelling achievements from your resume–but limit yourself to two or three achievements. Finally, invite the employer to contact you by phone or email.
For more cover letter tips, head over to our guide: What A Good Cover Letter Looks Like
Having a great resume will help you land your next job as a Patient Care Coordinator. Have accomplishments and keywords to stand out among competitors. Use this example as a guide to what kind of skills and experience employers are looking for in this field.
Still have questions? Comment below or hire your own resume writer. Zipjob has over 100 professional resume writers with experience in all industries, ready to help you create your best resume. Click below to see our services: