Are you looking for a good professional writer or editor resume? Well you’ve come to the right place! Here is a good resume sample for a professional writer or editor.
Professional Writer and Editor Resume Example
(Have trouble reading this resume? You can click on the image or check out the text version below!)
💡ZipTip: view 200+ more professional resume samples for all industries, along with a guide to writing resumes from our experts.
Professional Writer and Editor Resume Sample (Text Version)
Content Manager – Writing/Editing – Project Manager
Communications – Copy Editing – Social Media
Professional Writer Resume Summary Example:
A highly accomplished and dedicated health and finance writer with over eight years of experience developing unique content for industry leaders. Talented writer with the ability to work under pressure and ensure strict deadlines are always met. Highly technical with expertise in print, social media and digital journalism who thrives in multimedia storytelling. Experienced developing original content and news stories, working both independently and within a diverse team atmosphere. Extremely creative with the ability to gather record levels of followers in both print and digital media utilizing strong communication and writing skills to significantly gain loyal readers.
- Relationship Building
- Time Management
- Client Relations
- Website Management
- Technical Expertise
- Process Improvements
- Customer Service
- Print/Digital Media
- Blog Management
Company Name – City, State – Year-Year
- Successfully manage blog content and site writing for The Princess Boutique while also collaborating with Lollipop Moon, Children’s Boutique, Ajo Bebe, Stella NYC and Crest Family Home Care to create original content, resulting in increased readership
- Provide comprehensive financial writing services, serving as a regular contributor to Everything Finance, GoBankingRates and Beating Broke covering topics on budgeting, retirement, student loans, banks, refinancing, etc. ensuring information is presented in a clear and concise manner.
- Conduct extensive research in order to compose health articles for 19 Joint Chiropractic franchise owner’s websites.
- Prepare and produce engaging articles that educate and enlighten individuals at various levels of understanding.
- Perform extensive research on all topics in order to remain fully informed of pertinent issues in the respective fields.
Called Magazine – City, State – Year-Year
- Budgeted space for the woman’s fashion and health sections and was responsible for its final content and production on deadline in an extremely competitive environment.
- Closely supervised staff while ensuring smooth and efficient operations and strictly enforcing all deadlines.
- Assigned and coached copy editors, designers and reporters to ensure each project was completed under critical deadlines.
- Directed the design and visuals (photos, graphics and illustrations) while also editing and selecting photos.
- Wrote headlines, edited copy, designed graphics and created pages on both print and digital platforms.
School Name – City, State: 2010
Bachelor of Arts in English
|Technical Skills||Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint,
Outlook, Access, Publisher;