A Ramp Agent is an aviation support person who moves things from one plane to another and helps with guiding planes to their gates. Here is a general job description for a Ramp Agent:
A ramp agent is primarily responsible for handling aircraft baggage, as well as loading and unloading luggage onto an airplane and guiding aircraft to and from their gates. While this person is sometimes referred to as a “baggage handler,” the responsibilities and duties certainly extend beyond luggage. A ramp agent is generally required to have a high school diploma (or equivalent), and advanced degrees are not necessarily required. This person must typically be over the age of eighteen and able to lift heavy items.Payscale
If this is the kind of job you want or you have, you’re in the right place! We have a resume example for you based on Ramp Agent job descriptions, as well as three tips from our professional resume writers.
Ramp Agent Resume Example
💡ZipTip: view 200+ more professional resume samples for all industries, along with a guide to writing resumes from our experts.
Ramp Agent Resume (text version)
email | www.linkedin.com/in/ | phone number
Safety Protocol Management | Regulation Adherence | Customer Service
Results-producing, multi-lingual Aviation Operations Professional with over five years of experience managing numerous safety initiatives, ensuring compliance and increasing the productivity of aviation industry leaders. Strong and decisive leader with excellent analytical, organizational, team building and planning skills. Exceptional academic qualifications including a Bachelor’s of Science in Transportation Systems and Technologies and an Associates of Science in Aviation Operations. Excel at turning under-producing individuals into teams that work efficiently and exceed all expectations. Expertise in general airport operations, aviation regulations, safety protocols/procedures with the ability to quickly learn and adapt in fast-paced environments.
- Aviation Operations
- Attention to Detail
- Procedural Development
- Safety Compliance
- Regulatory Compliance
- Operations Management
- Process Improvement
- Aviation Safety
Ramp Agent | ZipJob | New York City, NY Year – Present
- Supervised the daily operations of a busy airport – ensured a high level of productivity and efficiency of staff members to ensure safety and compliance at all times
- Developed comprehensive safety programs and ensured all staff were trained in all protocols
- Managed initiatives to support the success of our airport’s self-inspection program
- Monitor the compliance with all federal/state/county regulations
- Load and unload baggage during airplane arrivals and departures
- Perform basic aircraft servicing
- Pass security check before entering the ramp
- Drive heavy equipment to move baggage and supplies to the airport
- Arrange baggage in place and in order by following handling instructions
- Load drinking water supplies on board and service the lavatories
- Check for any issues visible outside the plane and make it frost or ice-free
- Raise alert if the safety of the aircraft and personnel is in danger
- Led my team by example and ensured the execution of all safety, security, quality and operations policies.
Ramp Agent | ZipJob | New York City, NY Year – Year
- Signaled planes for guiding them into and out of the gates
- Handled loading and unloading of baggage and cargo
- Operated cart tugs, diesel push-back tractors and luggage loader belts
- Spayed deicer fluids on aircraft
- Followed safety rules and regulations at the workplace
- Delivered loaded bag carts to bag room using tugs
- Unloaded bag cars onto the conveyor belt
Bachelor of Science in Business; Minor: Economics | New York University
Bonus: free resume template
ZipJob now offers a resume template you can download. The template is set up with an easy to read layout like the example above: clear section headings, modern font, and follows a reverse-chronological resume format (preferred by both hiring managers and ATS scans).
How to write a Ramp Agent resume: 3 tips
Use soft skills throughout your resume
Strong job applicants should have a mix of hard skills and soft skills. Soft skills include collaboration, communication, emotional intelligence, and creativity. Instead of listing these within a skills section, you should use examples of how you have used soft skills in your work history. For example:
- Collaborated with sales and product development teams to design, implement, and oversee new marketing campaign
- Solved ongoing problem with tracking shipments by implementing an Excel sheet system that automatically updated when shipments left the warehouse
- Communicated effectively with internal and external stakeholders throughout 6 month project, providing weekly email updates and a wrap up presentation with key points, results, and future plans
Always add a cover letter
Your cover letter is your chance to start a conversation with your employer. Your resume proves you have the skills and qualifications for the job, but your cover letter invites a further discussion. Whenever possible, use a cover letter to succinctly explain why you’re the perfect fit for the role. You can also highlight your most compelling achievements from your resume–but limit yourself to two or three achievements. Finally, invite the employer to contact you by phone or email.
For more cover letter tips, head over to our guide: What A Good Cover Letter Looks Like
Maximize your core competencies
Your core competencies, or key skills, are a powerful way to show an ATS scan that you’re a great applicant. This section should change slightly for almost every job you apply for. You want to keep it highly tailored to the job description. For example, if one of your core competencies is customer service but the job description is looking for client communication skills, swap out “customer service” for “client communication.”
To identify the best skills to highlight here, this list of 10 vital skills to put on your resume is a good starting point.
Having a great resume will help you land your next job as a Ramp Agent. Use this example as a guide to what kind of skills and experience employers are looking for in this field.
Still have questions? Comment below or hire your own resume writer. Zipjob has over 100 professional resume writers with experience in all industries, ready to help you create your best resume. Click below to see our services: