A School Administrator oversees all administrative functions for a school. Below is a general job description for a Office Administrator:
An office administrator carries out various functions within an office environment to make sure that the administrative duties required by a company are carried out smoothly. The duties allocated to an office administrator will vary according to the position.Payscale
If this is the kind of job you want or you have, you’re in the right place! We have a resume example for you and three tips from our professional resume writers below.
School Administrator Resume Example
💡ZipTip: view 200+ more professional resume samples for all industries, along with a guide to writing resumes from our experts.
School Administrator Resume (text version)
email | www.linkedin.com/in/ | phone number
A personable, detail-oriented, School Administrator highly regarded for providing exceptional office support and ensuring projects are completed on time and with high confidentiality. Known as extremely accurate and organized with the ability to perform scheduling, reception, meeting planning, accounting, data entry and document preparation, while creating a warm, welcoming environment for clients. Proven track record of striving in fast-paced environments performing regular and recurring duties simultaneously with minimal supervision. Recognized as a self-starter with excellent oral and written communication skills. Out-of-the-box thinker and proven team player with the ability to work with people at all levels of a corporation.
- Education Administration
- Relationship Building
- Accounts Payable/Receivable
- Meeting Coordination
- Administrative Support
- Clerical Duties
- Filing and Organization
- Data Entry
ZipJob, New York City, NY Year – Present
- Kept in contact with parents and updated them on their child’s progress and attendance.
- Maintained the daily attendance record of students in school.
- Performed clerical duties, including [Duty] and [Duty].
- Organized and managed school records in an efficient manner.
- Answered and responded to student and parent inquiries regarding academics, field trips, afterschool activities and school events.
- Provided superlative customer service to individuals at all levels of authority, perform attentive reception duties, assist with complex customer inquiries, conduct regular payment processing, and handle all database verification.
- Revamped procedures to manage financial processing, money orders, and credit card payments to elevate workflow within a fast-paced environment; use excellent technical skills and professional acumen to troubleshoot and reliably communicate with credit card companies.
- Elevated professional expertise at every opportunity, including enhancing knowledge regarding all policies and procedures associated with all criminal and non-criminal fingerprint search policies.
ZipJob, New York City, NY Year – Year
Assistant School Administrator
- Managed files and appropriate tracking documents, and guaranteed timely, proper follow up in addition to generating bespoke reports and intensive analyses.
- Developed filing system to increase ability to retain and recover documents, reports and records.
- Accurately calculated and processed payroll, monthly billing, invoices and files for large corporate accounts.
- Drafted proposals for executives to secure new business opportunities.
- Increased client book through actively networking and cold calling target clients/customers.
- Consistently praised for the quality and timelines of reports, attention to detail, exemplary customer service delivery and team-player attitude.
- Delivered excellent support skills to clients/customers and strictly adhered to all company policies and procedures.
- Provided outstanding and professional client/customer support, receiving high satisfaction ratings.
Bachelor of Education | New York University, NY
Bonus: free resume template
ZipJob now offers a resume template you can download. The template is set up with an easy to read layout like the example above: clear section headings, modern font, and follows a reverse-chronological resume format (preferred by both hiring managers and ATS scans).
How to write a School Administrator resume: 3 tips
Have a clear career target
As you could see from the job description, there are many kinds of professionals in this field. When updating your own resume, you’ll want to make sure your experience is as relevant as possible. The best way to do this is to have a clear career target. Then, write your resume with that goal in mind.
ZipTip: Give every line a second look and think “would an employer care about this experience?” If the answer is no, take it off your resume!
Always add a cover letter
Your cover letter is your chance to start a conversation with your employer. Your resume proves you have the skills and qualifications for the job, but your cover letter invites a further discussion. Whenever possible, use a cover letter to succinctly explain why you’re the perfect fit for the role. You can also highlight your most compelling achievements from your resume–but limit yourself to two or three achievements. Finally, invite the employer to contact you by phone or email.
For more cover letter tips, head over to our guide: What A Good Cover Letter Looks Like
Maximize your core competencies
Your core competencies, or key skills, are a powerful way to show an ATS scan that you’re a great applicant. This section should change slightly for almost every job you apply for. You want to keep it highly tailored to the job description. For example, if one of your core competencies is customer service but the job description is looking for client communication skills, swap out “customer service” for “client communication.”
To identify the best skills to highlight here, this list of 10 vital skills to put on your resume is a good starting point.
Having a great resume will help you land your next job as a School Administrator. Use this example as a guide to what kind of skills and experience employers are looking for in this field.
Still have questions? Comment below or hire your own resume writer. Zipjob has over 100 professional resume writers with experience in all industries, ready to help you create your best resume. Click below to see our services: