Science Teachers teach science to all grade levels. Below is a general job description:
School psychologists work primarily in schools, as their title suggests, and their work focuses on assessing and interpreting students of the school to ensure they are receiving the best possible education suited to their needs. They also review test results, consult with parents and teachers, and generally observe students and their learning environments, and may be required to diagnose learning disorders, mental disabilities, and behavioral problems and work to resolve them.Payscale
If this is the kind of job you want or you have, you’re in the right place! We have a resume example for you and three tips from our professional resume writers below.
School Psychologist Resume Example
💡ZipTip: view 200+ more professional resume samples for all industries, along with a guide to writing resumes from our experts.
School Psychologist Resume (text version)
email | www.linkedin.com/in/ | phone number
Dedicated, engaging, School Psychologist highly regarded for assisting youth with overcoming academic, social, and mental health challenges to realize individual strengths and success. Knowledgeable in broad subject-matter counseling therapies, including substance abuse, grief, and domestic violence. Leverages strong communication skills to foster and nurture relationships with students, parents, faculty, and administration. Proven leader focused on establishing and maintaining psychology program objectives in collaboration with administrators, teachers, and parents. Thrives in fast-paced and diverse environments that champion student success.
- Critical Thinking
- Youth Development
- Relationship Building
- Crisis Intervention
- Secondary Education
- Group Therapy
- Active Listening
ZipJob, New York City, NY Year – Present
- Collaborated with educators, school administrators and external professionals in the development of Individualized Education Plans (IEPs).
- Implemented prevention-oriented support groups for [Grade-level] students.
- Met with students to conduct individual assessments and determine academic and mental health needs.
- Served as school board member to provide recommendations for the modification, development or improvement of educational programs.
- Provided referrals for community resources and mental health professionals for families and students.
- Completed required documentation and reports for compliance and treatment planning.
- Utilized formal and established testing protocols to evaluate educational, emotional and behavioral needs of students.
- Lead staff and faculty training and development to support program objectives.
ZipJob, New York City, NY Year – Year
Assistant School Psychologist
- Partnered with school administrators, teachers and parents or guardians to provide students with appropriate and adequate counseling support in school.
- Facilitated interdisciplinary meets to assess goals and progress.
- Collaborated with social workers to help students grow in social and emotional capacities.
- Conducted group and individual counseling sessions for key issues.
- Observed students in classroom and play environments.
- Facilitated constructive and regular communications between educators and parents.
- Built positive and productive relationships with students, parents, educators and community resources.
- Assisted students with career and future-education planning.
Bachelor of Education | New York University, NY
Bonus: free resume template
ZipJob now offers a resume template you can download. The template is set up with an easy to read layout like the example above: clear section headings, modern font, and follows a reverse-chronological resume format (preferred by both hiring managers and ATS scans).
How to write a School Psychologist resume: 3 tips
Use soft skills throughout your resume
Strong job applicants should have a mix of hard skills and soft skills. Soft skills include collaboration, communication, emotional intelligence, and creativity. Instead of listing these within a skills section, you should use examples of how you have used soft skills in your work history. For example:
- Collaborated with sales and product development teams to design, implement, and oversee new marketing campaign
- Solved ongoing problem with tracking shipments by implementing an Excel sheet system that automatically updated when shipments left the warehouse
- Communicated effectively with internal and external stakeholders throughout 6 month project, providing weekly email updates and a wrap up presentation with key points, results, and future plans
Always add a cover letter
Your cover letter is your chance to start a conversation with your employer. Your resume proves you have the skills and qualifications for the job, but your cover letter invites a further discussion. Whenever possible, use a cover letter to succinctly explain why you’re the perfect fit for the role. You can also highlight your most compelling achievements from your resume–but limit yourself to two or three achievements. Finally, invite the employer to contact you by phone or email.
For more cover letter tips, head over to our guide: What A Good Cover Letter Looks Like
Maximize your core competencies
Your core competencies, or key skills, are a powerful way to show an ATS scan that you’re a great applicant. This section should change slightly for almost every job you apply for. You want to keep it highly tailored to the job description. For example, if one of your core competencies is customer service but the job description is looking for client communication skills, swap out “customer service” for “client communication.”
To identify the best skills to highlight here, this list of 10 vital skills to put on your resume is a good starting point.
Having a great resume will help you land your next job as a School Psychologist. Use this example as a guide to what kind of skills and experience employers are looking for in this field.
Still have questions? Comment below or hire your own resume writer. Zipjob has over 100 professional resume writers with experience in all industries, ready to help you create your best resume. Click below to see our services: